Kendall to be cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ButtleMan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That's my entire point...Tony Wise and Mike Devlin won't give the guidance and tips that a Mawae would...That's why I say keep him one more season since this line is going to be filled with rookies who will need maturing and someone to look up to.

2. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Fabini is hitting the road. Finally. I know there are several Jets fans who are overjoyed. I just hope we keep mawae.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

there is no replacement for OJT... the guidance your speaking of is highly over rated. when you get to this point, you better know how to play line, rookie or not. If the coaches can't give them insight, the WTF are they doing as coaches. They are not going to "need" someone to look up to, Id rather they find a leader ion the group, and learn to play as a group, seperate from and with no attachments to the group that already cost us a QB.

Ellis

4. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

if we lose kendall we definately need to keep mawae

5. Mehl-56

Can someone please explain why??? I just don't see it.

Ellis

6. Titans

Titans Member

Some of you guys GOD bless you just cannot see the forest for the trees how can we possibly become a better franchise if we don't make drastic changes? We could never gain that 1 yard needed on 3rd and 1 so let's go get some beasts up front and allow them to grow together and maybe add a piece here and there like championship outfits do but it all starts with the draft. We need hardnosed strong physical lineman on both sides of the ball heck how many times couldn't we stop a team on 3rd and 1 it has to stop these are the first steps lets all get on the same page.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I liked Kendall, I was estatic when we got him in 2004 and he didn't disappoint. But this is a move that had to be made. I hope he catches on somewhere else and can still start. Fabini, on the other hand...

8. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

They need to get a lot bigger. For the past few years the OL couldn't get a yard when they needed it. We need bigger lineman and a bigger back.

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Lets start addressing this in the draft.

10. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

We need some experience on the Oline. You can't start 5 rookies. They need to learn from somebondy. Mawae is a good somebody.

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

bye bye to all. if we are rebuilding why keep any of them?? brandon moore should be cut to. only reason to keep kendall or mawe is for to help form the younger guys.

12. Mehl-56

Jones becomes the Veteran, and returns as the left tackle. If your going to blow it up, there are going to be lumps. Be prepared for them.

Ellis

13. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Jets are soon to be the next Browns, stupid management, and sorry QB's.:chargers: :pats_suck: ricky williams :eaglessuck: :deadskins:

14. lude

lude New Member

Think about it this way, a young line will learn the ropes a lot faster than a young RB or QB. There's just less mechanics to the position.

I have no problem with these moves.

15. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Not true! Lineman is a tough position to learn.

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Very tough position. How has Robert Gallery adapted to Left Tackle in the NFL? Exactly. Any OLine position is tough to learn.

17. lude

lude New Member

Going back and reading I guess it can be misinterpreted. I'm not taking anything away from an offensive lineman, it is certainly a hard position to learn, I've played it myself in pickup games, and it's more athletic than WR or RB. Just the mechanics of the position are easier to pick up.

Sorry to the linemen out there :)

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

This will be his first year at LT.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

what? two years ago we had the league leading rusher, you mean last year.

20. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

A good line also require knowledge of how the guy next to you plays. This is why you hear players talk about taking time to jell. It is also why when constructing a team, I would rebuild the lines first so they have time to learn each others habits. The argument to keep Mawae is that he is probably the one who has to recognize the defense and make the appropriate line calls to adjust blocking/protection assignments.