KC Found out what we already Knew

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Chrisiue, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Shoulda put an asterisk there...* Along with a drafting a QB! * :)

Ima do that anyway lol

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The whole point of my posting those stats was to show Alex Smith is a better quarterback than Kirk Cousins. Cousins is no slouch, but I don't believe he's the quarterback you pin your hopes on to deliver a championship. If choosing between the two, it's an easy choice. I would go with Alex Smith.

3. playtowinthegame

Alex Smith averaged 8 yards per attempt this past season. Only Drew Brees (8.1) averaged more. Alex Smith also led the NFL in adjusted yards per attempt this past season with 8.6. Cousins didn't even make the top ten. As far as coaching goes, I would argue to say Jay Gruden did a fantastic job coaching the Redskins this past season considering the injuries he was dealt. You mention Alex Smith's age as if Mac is going to give him a 5 year contact extension. If we traded for Smith he would just be a 1 year bridge qb unless the Jets somehow won a Super Bowl with him. I would still want the Jets to draft a quarterback if they traded for Smith...doesn't have to be with the 6th pick either.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Like he wet himself the week before playing with the 2nd team offense w/o Kelce against Denver's 1st team defense leaving the game with a 2 TD lead going into the 4th only to be brought back for the game winning drive? The fact that fans like you and Mac can't recognize talent when it's right in front of you is why we are in the current mess we are in.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think it's a fair argument to say Smith had a better year than Cousins.
    Smith was very underrated this season, had an excellent year.

However, I'd still prefer Cousins here if given the choice.
    Smith has already peaked, he'll be 34 next season, and wouldn't have Andy Reid here.
    Cousins we haven't seen outside of a dreadful Washington organization where he's running for his life. Also 4 years younger, I think Cousins career trajectory is still pointing upwards. He'd be a good fit in Morton's WCO.

FJF and Walt White like this.
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Agree, that was my next retort. Graph lines heading in different directions. Don't believe he'll repeat was he has done.

7. playtowinthegame

Signing Cousins is a HUGE LONG-TERM commitment, one which I don't feel all to comfortable with the Jets making. Kirk Cousins has a penchant to choke in the big games as well as the games that are nationally televised. You don't have to shell out the kind of money Cousins wants to be the kinda good Cousins will deliver. Another thing to consider, why on planet earth would Cousins want to come to the Jets over lets say the Jaguars or perhaps the Broncos? Answer that question. The Jags and Broncos could carry his little ass and win in spite of him. On the other hand Alex Smith is under contract for 1 more season, and would likely be a short-term answer, not the future. Mac can trade for him. Big difference between trading for Alex Smith and making Kirk Cousins the highest paid quarterback in the game. He's not even the best. Kirk Cousins is a poor man's Tony Romo. I hope Mac passes on Cousins, but if he does sign him I'll be supportive, but won't be excited at all. SOJ

#87 playtowinthegame, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. playtowinthegame

What fuck has Mahomes done yet to garner you hysterical devotion? I actually was banging the drum for Mac to draft Deshaun Watson...in case you missed last season, he was kicking ass for the Texans before his freak knee injury in PRACTICE. If Mahomes shows that kind of tape in the NFL, then you can start to puff your chest out. Until then, have a seat and shut it. Lol

9. legler82

First off I'm not puffing my chest; just mad as hell. Second waiting for talent to put up numbers in the NFL before being able to recognize it is what box score wannabe scouts do. If you've seen him play in college, the pre-season and the last game of the season and proceeded to ask that question in bold, then you are as blind as our GM. Lastly, if I could block me for you, I would cause shutting it ain't happening bro, sorry.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

some of his teammates said he throws a nice ball in practice too lol don't forget that one legler in your long list of Mahomes' NFL accomplishments

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Whether he does or doesn't, he's a lock for the HOF whether we Jet fans like it or not.

12. legler82

You deserve the team you have.

13. legler82

If only Mahomes had Tom Savage ahead of him on the depth chart maybe you geniuses would be impressed.

14. BrowningNagle

the way you talk about him, i dont understand why he's sitting the bench behind an average guy like Alex Smith. He sounds like MVP caliber based on your practice reports. Why does he sit the bench? Alex Smith aint that good

15. playtowinthegame

First off, I don't block people. Secondly, I think you're a quality Jets fan. I just didn't care for the way you came at me over (Tony Kornheiser voice) my saying "your boy" Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have done any better than Smith in the same conditions of the 2nd half vs the Titans. Bottom line bud, it's time to move on and quit bitchin about Mac passing on Watson and Mahomes. Mac just got a 2 year extension...For better or worse he'll have his fingerprints all over the Jets roster additions and subtraction this off-season. I'm hopeful he has a solid plan and goes all in on whichever direction he chooses regarding qb. Me personally, I don't want Cousins, and I've stated why. I'm not some casual fan. I watch a lot of football, college and pro. Agree to disagree with me if you like. I just didn't care for the manner in which you did it earlier. It's all good though.

16. legler82

LOL Alex is average now. He's no Tom Savage but he's OK I guess. Anyway Average Alex is is about to get traded, maybe even to our beloved Jets.

17. playtowinthegame

Pass that peanut budda Buddha sandwich, Bruh.

18. legler82

Why not bitch and moan? Bitching and moaning got Idzik fired, maybe it can work again. I hate being in this situation where going into the draft there's this immense pressure that we HAVE to come away with a (i.e. "any") QB early. I also hate the fact that every other team in the NFL knows that is the case. This same scenario is what led us to drafting Geno in 2013 and Hack in 2016. The toxic byproduct of that was passing on Bridgewater/Carr/Garoppolo in 2014 and Watson/Mahomes last year. At 6 we either have to accept leftovers or trade up; Rosen is the only guy worth trading up for and I don't any of the QB needy teams ahead of us will hand him over. If we can't get Rosen, I'm starting to lean towards just waiting another season. I rather we get a guy we want, then taking "a" QB because f*ck'd up the year before.

19. BrowningNagle

Alex Smith has always been average... not "now" what you talkin about? Once upon a time Smith was traded because the next all time great QB was waiting in the wings behind him... sounds familiar

20. legler82