ESPN : Kaepernick grievance nets under $10M

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jets12, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Oh no no no no haven’t you heard?

Nobody was pissed off until FOX News, right wing radio, the Facebook trolls, the white supremacits, the Nazis, the racists and Trump drummed up the hate speech and lied to their constituencies and all those uneducated sheep bought it hook line and sinker.

Not nearly the entirety of America, not the blue collar mid-American workers spending good hard earned money to go to games or spend Sunday’s on the couch.

It was just the Alt right, haven’t you heard?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

“My conscience won’t let me go shoot my brother, or some darker people, or some poor hungry people in the mud for big powerful America,” he said at the time. “And shoot them for what? They never called me nigger, they never lynched me, they didn’t put no dogs on me, they didn’t rob me of my nationality, rape and kill my mother and father. … Shoot them for what? How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail.”

He was so vilified for taking this position that he was blackballed from boxing. Lots of "Black folks" vilified Ali. "Black Folks" in the USA are mostly Christian and supported the country and the war. Ali was vilified for refusing to fight in a popular war and being a Black Muslim. He was hated by Black Christians and Veterans.

The hate ginned up for Ali took several years to turn. It turned for a couple of reasons. The Vietnam war itself had a particularly high body count of young black men. The war was dragging on and becoming increasingly unpopular. 8 white men on the Supreme Court were convinced to hear his CO case because Justice Brennan convinced the court to hear the case. Marshal, the only African American on the court recused himself. It was a very narrow victory.

Ali, like Kaep, had a political class that had an agenda to silence him. The best way to do it was to vilify both of them. Ali in the mainstream media, Kaep through a combination of right wing run media and social media.

It is racism and while many people who hate on Kaep aren't racists, they are being manipulated by the established political and economic interest just like they were when Ali refused to serve.

It's easy to forget how hated Ali was because most Americans see him as a great man looking in the rear view mirror.

Kaep's protest was none-violent, respectful and the cause was clearly legitimate. The idea that he was attacking military and good cops was absurd. To even argue that the race card wasn't in play is incredible naive. If the shoe fits wear it, if it doesn't don't. Don't pretend anyone's pulling the race card. It's beneath you.

#162 Biggs, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    101GangGreen101 and Noam like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought he was a dick at first but he walked the walk. Too many phony political figures these days that just wanna pat themselves on the back and don't walk the walk.

Kaepernick had his cause and he didn't back down when it would've been easy to do so. He also promised to donate a million to the cause and he followed through. Facts. He also made it clear it was never about the military and he didn't go on TV every single day to talk about, when he obviously could've. That all was refreshing for me.

---

but even if it wasn't, even if I thought Kaepernick was still a dick...... He was obviously one of the top 60 or so human beings on planet earth that could play Quarterback. A super powerful league of Elitist owners froze him out for having an opinion and that's some bullshit.

#163 BrowningNagle, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So no one here ever gave a strong concise reason as to why it WASN'T collusion? Just checking.

5. 101GangGreen101

And it's not like he didn't listen to others how they felt about the protests. Retired Army Green Beret Nate Boyer asked Colin to kneel in protest and had no issues doing so. I just don't understand how some really think the NFL's view on Kaep attacking veterans is still an actual thing.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is the NFL has been paid by the US military to put on these overtly militaristic displays before NFL games. NFL players weren't regularly on the field for the National Anthem before 2009. People stood up faced the flag pole. Now the flag ceremony at most NFL games have been turned into a super patriot/military parade. Fly overs, military personal, giant flags are standard fare.

Back in 2015 Senator McCain and Flake revealed that the Pentagon spent 6.8 million on sports marketing with the NFL and other leagues. Senator McCain called it "paid Patriotism". The NFL is being paid to promote the US military. People aren't even aware how much they are being tooled.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Dude I was alive for Ali.

You're insulting Ali by comparing him to Kaep and you're insulting to me.

YOU are pulling the race card and you know it.

Don't deny it--it's beneath you.

8. Rollo Tomassi

I never received any emails from owners.

Did anyone else?

There you go.

9. Rollo Tomassi

I, for one, never thought it had to do with the military.

So there is that.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Deflect without any rational debate. It is what it is. If you want to deny that racism isn't ingrained in our history and in our society you're simply a liar. Race is a huge part of this hatred toward Kaep. Are you actually denying that? I didn't call you a racist. Maybe you should find a safe place. Snowflake.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Wow that's really insulting--being called a snowflake by a liberal snowflake.

Oh shit, I'm sorry. Hey @HomeoftheJets is it ok now to call someone a snowflake in response to being called a snowflake? I just want to check with you first.

I never denied there isn't racism in this country--I was raised in the 60s and 70s--believe me I saw it. And I never denied that some of the animus towards Kaep had to do with racism.

SOME of it.

You implying anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a racist is what you snowflakes do.

12. 101GangGreen101

We can go back and talk about his talents in correlation to the "baggage" he apparently had if you wish ... to show ya there was collusion.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm implying that you have a conservative bias and don't see the ginning up of racism to support conservative politics as an issue. You've aligned yourself with a political ideology that is based on ginning up racism. You're living in so much shit, you can't even smell it. I know what's going on in the left is insane. I also know that mainstream conservatives have aligned themselves with the former Jim Crown movement that has been re-energized in the Republican base. Not all but a huge majority have been silenced or feel the ends justify the means. I'm trying to educate you but you're so personally defensive or you so hate the left that you're comfortable cozying up to this resurgence of racism.

I'm not hiding either. I'm willing to confront the insanity on the left but it's disappointing to see the Republican party has so aligned itself with race baiting simply to get a win against the left.

If you grew up in the 60's and 70's you should be ashamed of yourself for failing to see the obvious.

14. Rollo Tomassi

So, in your opinion, there was collusion.

That's fine. That's not evidence of anything.

Besides, it's virtually impossible to logically disprove a negative so there is that little glitch.

15. Rollo Tomassi

You're trying to educate me?

Are you serious?

You too are so deep in your liberal bias you can't smell your own shit.

Please, I don't need your help with educating myself. And seriously GFY if you think I'm cozying up to a resurgence of racism.

Seriously.

And I couldn't give a half baked shit about the Jim Crow movement.

The Republican base was energized because didn't want to vote for that smelly cunt. And all the shit going on on the left.

Blame your own party.

16. 101GangGreen101

Blake Bortles, Taylor Heinicke, Josh Johnson, Nathan Peterman.

2 of those offenses specifically run an offense that Kaep could run right out of the gate.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I see you hate women also. Nice.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Lol you got me.

Never realized this was one big troll.

Well done Sir.

19. Rollo Tomassi

And that’s evidence of collusion?

Clear evidence?

I’m not a lawyer but I don’t think that’s how evidence works.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Even his last year that supposedly was so awful that no one wanted him anymore he put up 18 touchdowns in only 11 games. With only 4 turnovers. We have folks masterbating on this website over Sam Darnold. If Darnold did something like that I can't even fathom the hype level

He was a pretty good football player. plain and simple. I remember when the Niners lost the 2012 superbowl to Baltimore I had a buddy over originally from the bay-area that was a big Niners fan. I consoled him after the game by saying that the Niners are going to be good for a long time and they have a dynamite QB. they will be back. DAMN did that not come true lol