Just how pathetic Dolphin fans are concerning Luck...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Oct 18, 2011.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

When I looked at finheaven, all I see is numerous topics about Luck, and how they want to go 0-16 now. Its truly pathetic that any fan would be rooting for their team to lose.

Then I took a look at the Colts board and its the complete opposite. Not a single mention of Andrew Luck anywhere, and many are hoping their team doesnt lose, hell some of them are still hoping they can make the playoffs.(They are 3 games behind, still not out).

Just goes to show which fans are the worst of the worst. I always looked down upon Colts fans but I kinda respect them more after looking at their board. They actually want to win a game or two. Anyone who wants their team to go 0-16 is just downright pathetic. Dolphins fans are easily the worst fans in all of sports.

2. 624

624 Banned

One team has Peyton Manning.

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

this surprises you?

dolphin fans are always among the stupidest fans in the nfl

4. LordFavre

LordFavre New Member

colts have a man named peyton manning returning next season.

5. 624

624 Banned

I think if I was in the Dolphins situation I'd want the same thing...

I'd root for my team to win every game, but I'd be guiltily pleased if they lost.

6. colleen74

colleen74 Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20121939-10391697.html

Miami Dolphins owner willing to "suck" for Andrew Luck

(CBS) - For teams across the NFL that have performed, shall we say, below average, there's a silver lining. It is considered almost a foregone conclusion at this point that the team with the first draft pick next year will take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, considered one of the best college players of his generation. Some fans have even gone so far as to hope their teams "suck for Luck" - basically write off this season in the hopes of earning the first pick in the draft.

It seems fans aren't the only ones getting in on the fun. Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross reportedly feels the same way, if a recent article in the Miami Herald is to be believed.

According to the article which cited a "highly placed club source", Ross is focused on acquiring a franchise quarterback for the 'Phins. Armando Salguero writes:

"Ross wants a franchise quarterback at the helm in 2012. He is said to be committed to veer away from any attempt that would add a 'caretaker' quarterback as a potential starter. He is said to be tired of watching the Dolphins field backups disguised as starters."

Could a new franchise QB be anyone other than the Stanford phenom Luck? The article goes on:

Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he's aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.

Short-term pain for long-term gain. That basically sums up the "suck for Luck" campaign. Dolphin fans can rest easy knowing the team owner has their best interests at heart, even if that means losing a whole lot of games. After a Monday Night Football loss to the Jets, the 'Phins are sitting pretty at 0-5.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

^ That's pathetic. I hope they go 0-16 and Luck opts to stay in school another year, would be priceless.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Theoretically he could still return this season if the Colts did somehow make a run. At least in that division you could make the playoffs at 8-8 with the Texans injury situation.

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Long term success for one year of failure...

You are too stupid to realize this.

Even many of your fellow jets fans realize this and want us to win 4 games...

We need a top 3 pick for a QB.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

A. Andrew Luck is not a guarantee of any amount of success.
    B. Many of us like Luck as a player and would hate to root against him. I can't speak for others but that's the biggest reason I don't want to see him in Miami. For the same reason I'd hate to see him go to the Colts, because fuck the Colts.

11. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I disagree here. Luck is no guarantee, but losing big and getting a shot at a top player can change a team's fortune for quite awhile. Who gives a fuck if we're 3-13 or 0-16? Both records indicate you suck.

Case in point, where would the penguins be without Lemieux and Crosby?

12. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I hope Miami does go 0-16 and Luck either stays at Stanford, or Ryan Leafs.

13. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

It's amazing that with all the horrendous seasons the Jets have had in the past that we have never been in a position to draft a superstar QB. Bad timing I guess.

14. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

Hello, NFL draft lottery.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

0-16 and Ryan Leaf would push the franchise to another decade of hell lol

16. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Honestly if some team does tank the season this year, I can see a lottery being implemented in the near future. And I don't think I'd disagree with it.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i hope andrew luck stays in school another year.

18. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I wonder what would happen with season tickets.

It peaked in 2006 at 61,000

Currently its at 40,000, barely...

After that decade, it would be 15k...

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The funniest scenario I've found is that the currently 0-6 Colts play the currently 1-5 Jaguars in the last game of the season - so imagine they are both 1-14 and are 1 & 2 for worst record in the league going into that game. Now imagine a tie game, a fumble in the endzone with no time left on the clock...and everyone standing around the football.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

people already starting rumors that Luck is gonna pull an 'Eli'

hahah