Just call the games fairly

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Oct 15, 2017.

1. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

There was no justification for that call. If the game has no integrity what is the point in it? That was bent.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why don't we bring in this system?

You know, the soccer world has been employing this system for a LONG time. I am not saying BS calls do not happen in the soccer world, but blatant bullshit call like we witnessed today does not go unnoticed in the office. This means they do get warnings and penalties and all other bullshit.

Why don't we get that here? Why are the refs immune to scrutiny whereas nearly every other facet of the game is under intense one?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The officials are graded on every play in every game. You might not agree with their evaluations, but they are definitely graded.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-officials/these-officials-are-really-good/http://operations.nfl.com/the-officials/these-officials-are-really-good/

I would also point out that in this game there were two terrible calls (well, non-call and then call) in favor of the Pats in the second quarter, but virtually every call went against the Pats in the fourth quarter (including the call that ASJ scored a touchdown), and several of them were at least somewhat questionable.

What is unforgivable is that the replay system failed in such a monumental fashion. That's not done in the heat of the moment, and the decision to overturn the call should have itself been overturned before it was allowed to be implemented. That's not on the referees.

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Exactly, I love how people are shorting on the refs, wrong it was called a TD on the field, the replay on NY failed, moving on

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You don't seem to get it.

The point of the matter is, these calls should not happen in the first place. They undermine the integrity of the league.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. statjeff22

I don't get it? I get it just fine. You said that the referees should be graded. They are.

MikeHolovaksStepson likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

From everything I read NY is replay central to help expedite the process.

They do not make the calls like Toronto in hockey, the referee is still making the decision.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The 3 biggest fuck ups from the refs.

1) Robbie Anderson took a helmet shot to the jaw and a flag was called for the headshot, BUT the paid-off ref said that was not a penalty and the old fart head ref picked up the flag. We proceed to punt the ball up 14-0 instead of going up 21-0 or 17-0

2) A defensive pass intereference call on Jamal Adams in the end zone on Gronk on a brilliant defended play, it was 100% that was offensive pass interference. He pushed Jamal down.

3) The Sefarian Jenkins fumble on a touchdown call reversed. How in the hell was that fumbled out of the endzone as the rule states?????????

9. statjeff22

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

11. statjeff22

They consult with him, but he no longer makes the decision.

12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The play calling was fucking horrible also today. Morton was on the patsy payroll today.

FJF likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Horribly officiated game. Gronk pulls Adams into him by the head and Adams gets called for it. Obvious TD overturned without definitive proof. Tons of bad calls overall. I hate games like this. If we're going to lose because we're the worse team, that's fine, but that sure didn't seem like the case. If that TD stands, we're going for the game winning FG on the final drive and had it near the 20.

14. tubby

tubby Active Member

Would have potentially gone up 17-0 or 21-0 at that point.

Fuck the refs and fuck the pats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Who does the NFL think it's fooling? I mean come on. This bs has been going on since Brady fumbled in 2001 and then magically got the ball back

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

1. Missed defenseless receiver on Robby Anderson, threw the flag then picked it up.
    2. DPI on Gronk was bullshit, should've been a no call or OPI.
    3. Cooks catch before half should have been reviewed, even if a catch.
    4. Missed PI calls on NE, I remember the LB on the Pats jumping on ASJ's back like a monkey.
    5. Touchdown call was bullshit. They should have ruled him down. There was not conclusive evidence that clearly showed the ball going out of the endzone. It was a ticky tacky bullshit call that shouldn't have been made.

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

First, I think you obviously meant the Jets rather than the Pats above.

Second, unless there is a system in place where officials in NY can overturn the referees at the game that I'm not aware of, no such system exists, so once the replay official blew it (cheated?), there was nothing that could be done.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Adams' PI call was brutal, but the Jets got away with a couple after that.

Jets69 likes this.
  19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

They didn't. But the patriots got away with a lot of holding on the o line.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Jordan Jenkins being called for unnecessary roughness was BS. All he saw was the ball carrier on the ground and there were no whistles blown. This comes just after Bilal Powell did the same thing but got up and ran. Jenkins did the right thing hitting him.