Julius Thomas a potential cut?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxs...but-should-get-another-chance-020717?amp=true

They have to cut him by February 10th before his contract becomes fully guaranteed.

I know we want a youth movement on offense but he'll still only be 29 entering next season. I hope we at least take a quick look at him and see if we can snag him. He would do wonders for a young quarterback if he can stay healthy on a two year deal or so.

2. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

I really think good Manning made this guy. I would pick him up for an average price, but if he wants top dollar I am not interested/

ASJ has potential and he is young. He has made some mistakes, but I think they can give him a chance next year to see if he can produce with an OC that cares about its TE.

Let's be honest, unless the Jets get a bridge QB and they play great we are probably on the outside looking in for the playoffs... So might as well see what ASJ has in a full year.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So what you're saying is we should acquire him in the year the Jaguars get rid of him a year early instead of a year late?

Only 29 is not a thing in the NFL unless you are talking a driven superstar on the way to the Hall of Fame, particularly at QB, and those guys are never available. For most guys 29 is a step down year before they fall off the cliff at 30.

A 29 year old pickup is for the last piece of the puzzle. The Jets haven't even setup the table to make the puzzle on yet.

HomeoftheJets, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Dude did next to nothing without Manning throwing him the ball. No thanks.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

He is 29 but still has some years left in him.