Judgement Day: Alabama vs. LSU

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Mr Electric, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

For some reason, this matchup has been labeled "the game of the century"...

Who you got?

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

LSU at Alabama Game Thread

This is going to be a good game

3. tubby

tubby Active Member

LSU, only because I can't see Bama running all over their D like they have been doing to other teams.

4. Jam.

Jam. Banned

ESPN's headline for the game is "Biggest. Game. Ever." which I find kinda ridiculous...

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm pulling for Bama in this one

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I like both teams which makes this game not as fun as it should be for me. But it is better than the alternative- "a game of the century" between two teams I dislike.

I will root for LSU, but think Alabama will win. It should be a close score.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I will never pick against Alabama, but I'm rooting for the Bayou Bengals (sorry Magilla).

Hoping to see big plays from LSU's Tyrann Mathieu and Bama's Trent Richardson.

Also: Go Gamecocks!

#7 Mr Electric, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Trent Richardson is the best back in the country. I think he'll have some success today.

If he's shut down, I'll be very surprised.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't understand how ESPN can label a non-championship the biggest game ever. It's definitely the most important game on the year so far, but it's not a championship.

The winner will win the SEC West and probably beat the weaker SEC East champion. That will likely get them into the National Championship against OK State or Stanford.

...just can't believe the hype a regular season matchup is getting.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think Alabama is going to take this game.

No disrespect to LSU, and Codegreen, but Saban has done a tremendous job over the last few years. IMO, Alabama has produced the most NFL talent the last 4 years.

I think Trent Richardson is going to make some big plays.

LSU's secondary is loaded and may stack the box to try and stop the run.

I'm a big Courtney Upshaw fan and I will key on his play. He's a big linebacker that could interest Rex next April.

I think LSU is the best team in the country, but that does equate to an automatic win in Tuscaloosa.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

For you guys that don't watch college ball, this should be the exception.

This will be like a NFL game. These teams are that loaded on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm not sure how much scoring we'll see, but this will be one of the most physical college football games in quite some time.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Both teams are very underwhelming when it comes to the quarterback position, so we should see smash mouth football on both sides of the ball.

The defenses will be stacking the box because you can't pass on either of these teams.

I'm just wondering if we'll see some of the Mad Hatter's trick plays. Miles will probably throw everything he has at Alabama.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The answer is in that sentence. This is the biggest game ever because ESPN says so. They are crazy over there at ESPN with the hype.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Mo Claiborne is an incredible player and could be the most talented player on the field tonight. Claiborne could be the next great NFL shutdown CB, I expect his stock to continue to rise and could be a Top 5 pick.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

On the defensive side of the ball, I agree with you. Claiborne should be the best DB in this upcoming draft.

I do think that Trent Richardson is the best, most physically gifted player in this game though.

I just see something in Tyrann Mathieu. I've never seen a player make so many game-changing plays. It's unbelievable. Hopefully he brings that magic tonight.

It's amazing to see the defensive back talent that LSU's been producing. Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, and Tyrann Mathieu have All-Pro ability.

#15 Mr Electric, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Mathieu is an all effort player and could be a special teams demon in the NFL and find a role in the starting lineup for the "right" NFL defense.

Let's not forget about Brandon Taylor, this kid is impressive and the leader of LSU's secondary. Taylor isn't the most physically gifted, but could be the smartest player on defense.

17. Play Like A Jet

I'm extremely excited for this game and I only casually follow college football. I'm rooting for LSU partly because Saban used to coach the Dolphins and I think they take this one in Tuscaloosa.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think you're short-changing him. He may not be that tall, but he'll be up to 185 or 190 before he's draft eligible.

He has elite ball skills, track speed, and playmaking ability. It's not all effort. It's elite athleticism too. His lack of height gives him more motivation. He plays with something to prove. I love that attribute.

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

LSD Tigers FTW!

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Great punt by the Aussie