Josh Rosen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Huh? You want me to be bummed? You want the Jets to wind up with Allen? I know that isn't the case. Sorry, but your post went totally over my head! lol

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...icized-traits-made-eli-star-article-1.3933689

I hope the Giants dont take Rosen, but fans saying Mayfield has a higher football IQ are off their rockers

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Giants taking Rosen would be the best case scenario.
    Saves the Jets from themselves, and then I can enjoy watching an underwhelming coach try to reign in the circus of OBJ and Rosen, while trying to protect the legacy of Manning with a back drop of angry fans turning on the organization.

ahh, one can hope. But the Giants have no interest in Rosen.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Man, your hatred of Rosen is incessant! Did he screw your daughter or something? What will you do if the Jets take him?

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

IDK about you, but I am sick on passing on cerebral QBs with talent ... mayfield or allen is not that. Rosen IS the system.

FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Having a higher football IQ is not a guarantee of success. I don't think there was a smarter QB in the game than Pennington, but his physical skills were limited such that it undermined his effectiveness. On the flipside we have Terry Bradshaw, who has not exactly been compared to Stephen Hawking, yet he won 4 SB's.

7. 101GangGreen101

Peyton was smarter then Pennington. Peyton operated under his system. Joe Montana, undefeated in the SB could go through progressions like no ones business. Even Tom Brady. Brady and Montana are the best this league has ever seen and their IQ is above the rest.

Even so, Pennington got injured due to bad personnel too. Do I consider Rosen, injury prone? Not really. IQ I think plays a major role in terms of surviving the league, especially for rookie QBs and how they integrate themselves into the league in the first 3 years or so. However you must also have translatable skill-sets and Rosen has tons of them.

Terry got benched so many times in his tenure.

GasedAndConfused and Red Menace like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

The whole 'Rosen IS the system' and 'he just needs a coach to challenge him intellectually' is utter nonsense, but it will end up getting several coaches fired.
    I'd rather they be Giants coaches.

Mayfield and Allen are both cerebral QB's as well, with much less baggage.

9. 101GangGreen101

Mayfield and Allen are not cerebral, and I don't care about the wonderlic. Rosen is the type of QB to surgically destroy your defense. He will find the flaw and exploit it, did you read the article above?

Rosen, Bates in the film room observing defenses and making a game-plan to exploit it. At a higher intellectual level then the 2 you mentioned. I love the sound of it. Like I said, I am sick of passing on the Derek Carrs. Derek Carr was another QB that was reading and watching high level film at a very young age. How is it non-sense when it ACTUALLY happened? Allen / Mayfield did not have this approach.

almbleamal and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

No, it isn't, but when coupled with a strong, accurate arm (as in Mayfield's case), who processes quickly and makes great decisions, it's about as close as one can get.

11. NCJetsfan

Stop with the faux news, lies and the nonsense!

westiedog1 and BacktoQueens like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

you doing your best impression of trump on this board with that fake news ... strongest arm over Rosen? cmon now! It takes every bit of Mayfield's frame to throw down the field. Not Rosen.

Neo, I mean Rosen is the 1 in this draft ... if the Jets select him, hes gonna exploit defenses and we will run one heck of an offense for the next 15 years.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

I'm struggling to find anything true in this post..
    maybe the Carr part, but not much else.

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Go look at the reports from the Combine!!!! You're wrong!!!! On velocity of throws to the left and to the right, Allen had a 62, 62. Mayfield a 59, 60. Rosen a 57, 59. Darnold didn't throw. Jackson a 49,49!!! Both Rudolph and Falk a 52, 52.

It's fine that you don't like Mayfield, just stop making crap up or do more research. If your eyes are telling you that, then it's time to go have them checked. It's no wonder that you like Jackson best. You aren't seeing well.

In addition, scores were posted on this site from a test (AIQ) that is designed to test football IQ and to replace the Wonderlic. Mayfield scored the 2nd highest score ever for a QB . Rosen's score was nowhere near that high. Also, independent reports of team workouts on the white board have indicated that Mayfield has the highest football IQ of any of the QBs in this draft.

From the My take on 2018 QBs thread:

http://wonderlictestsample.com/aiq-new-wonderlic-test-nfl/

http://newsok.com/article/5588186

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/baker-mayfield-advance-analytics-nfl-draft-oklahoma-pff

#534 NCJetsfan, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    almbleamal likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Terry was the Trent Dilfer of his time, he was carried by the Steelers team for his whole career.

Fouts on the other hand was a true HOF QB, that man had touch, IQ, accuracy and a strong arm. He was the real deal, sucks that he was on a team that didn’t have a boat load of talent.

I would be very happy if jets selected Rosen, he is a true pocket passer and has translatable skills. Let’s hope the jets stick with one offensive scheme for a couple of years, if they don’t it will stunt his development, or any QB they select.

#535 Red Menace, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  16. NCJetsfan

Sorry, Red, but I think you're totally wrong about Bradshaw. He made many, many big throws to Lynn Swann and others. He was no game manager or carried by the Steelers. He was a big part of their success.

17. 101GangGreen101

Combine #s are what got the Jets, Hackenberg, prob 3 rounds earlier then the projection. I want to know the level of responsibility you had in college, what does the tape say in college? We look at the combine #s so much, that we dismiss what we see on tape.

In terms of the MPH:

https://www.rotoballer.com/lamar-jackson-a-detailed-evaluation/475612?amp=1

At the end of the day, the tape is what I evaluate the QBs based off. Not the wonderlic which doesn't really correlate to NFL success. The highest score is from that fucker from Harvard.

GasedAndConfused and Red Menace like this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He’s a genius when you think about it, what he has received in compensation for such a pedestrian career.

CotcheryFan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm shocked there aren't more jackson supporters here. my best guess is becuase there is literally 0 chance we draft him, and yeah he needs the most work of any of the top 5 before he can start, but you can't deny his arm talent or legs

20. 101GangGreen101

Do your homework. Right now, you just dont like Rosen because hes not your type. Again, do your homework. You don't want to believe it, you are deceiving only yourself brothen.

ColoradoContrails likes this.