Josh McCown ruined this season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Oct 29, 2017.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Well ... if it makes you feel any better, SF is out of the mix now.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

who can evaluate young QBs?????? it's a crapshoot

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's a crapshoot in the sense that it's seemingly impossible for a GM to do a better job than the majority of GMs. But it's definitely possible that a GM could be worse than the other GMs. As in having totally off-the-wall assessments of QBs (i.e. Hackenberg).

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They are a long way from competing with the big boys. Mainly they lack a GM, a head coach, a defensive coordinators, offensive line, defensive line, 3 linebackers, a QB, 3 secondary players. But other than that they are well mannered team

NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  5. boozer32

That would be the worst approach. Trading valuable picks to move up a few slots is pointless. Macc is too stupid and clueless to even be considering a QB. He's likely to sign Hoyer in the offseason. He blew it twice now with Hackenberg and not taking Watson. He should lose his job because of that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. boozer32

Need so much more than a pass rush. That is low on the list of what's wrong with the Jets. Bowles is the problem and until that is addressed nothing will get better. Another year of this mess and I'll lose it.

7. boozer32

Can't like your post enough.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Agreed but I think the Jets would be better at signing at top tier QB vs building one from the ground up

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Name the last top tier QB to hit free agency and switch teams (or get traded) ...

... Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Vinny Testeverde, Boomer Esiason ... and that's the entire list in the last 25 years. Three of them went to the Jets; two of those gave us an exciting "chance at a championship season" and then it was over in a season because they were too old. It's time to draft an QB who will go to the Pro Bowl every year for the next decade. If we swing and miss, draft another one. Just keep drafting them until you finally get one. Everything else is irrelevant.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

When was the last time a true top tier QB was ever available to sign?

I am not talking about mid level - above average QBs that people like to dream are a top notch one.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Never because the original team holds on to them.

Unfortunately we need to draft a qb because we'll never get that FQB via free agency.

westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Well I still have no faith in player development from the team I'd rather a FAQB and build up the team in other locations

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm still at a total loss as to why oh why some are so bent over in getting the number one pick for the so called FQB in a year where there isn't really one even earmarked, IMHO.
    Darnold wont even come out ( and shouldn't) Rosen is far from being a number one prospect, he is not ready either mentally, maturity nor football acumen, not to mention his bone head attitude.
    Who is this savior that requires for us to tank this season? We had a better chance this past draft and we muffed it and passed on a QB. Presumably because we had unproven talent in house, yet we do diddle to give them exposure. So what the hell gives us confidence moving into 2018.
    Well, I'm conceding my secret hope for Petty, and or Hack. I'm further giving up hope that this CS is for real.
    Mac, damned the torpedos, Cousins or bust....and get us a CS that can compete in this league. And while you are at it.....draft nothing but studs in the OL and offense next year. Then we can get our hopes up for a change. It's been long enough.

#53 LAJet, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The OL is a must but do your research before getting Cousins..dude may be franchised tagged by season end

There are MANY VERY TALENTED QBS in 2018..besides Rosen and Darnold

IMO very stupid not to make some play for one of them:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...h-j-t-barrett-is-now-officially-on-the-radar/

15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Is "Stockholmed" a word now?

I'm gonna start using that.

;)

16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

The way Rosen and Darnold have played this season, you may only need a top 10 pick to get one

17. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

There are 2 possibilities imo. We'll sign Cousins, Mac won't be willing to trade up for Rosen. He'll just cut Petty and McCown and won't draft a QB at all. Or he'll draft someone in the 4th round and sit him while McCown plays.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, we should make a play for a QB, and probably Cousins is a pipe dream. IMO you can pick a solid prospect within the first ten spots. I'm guessing that the first 2-3 picks might not be a QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Vinny was not even a hot commodity, much less top tier, when Parcells brought him in as Glenn Foley's backup. He was a hot player in college who had played 10 seasons in the NFL and only 2-3 of them were any good. He was great in '98, and could have been great in '99, but he was not considered a great coming from the '97 Ravens. Vinny was the Jay Cutler of his day until the 1998 Jets campaign.

Neil O'Donnell in '96 is a much more appropriate example here, as he was coming off a Super Bowl appearance.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Lights out? He has literally driven me nuts the last month with how terrible he is. No, he isn't Trevor Semien MNF bad, but he blows it when it matters most. Then add in the 3 wins against Miami, Jacksonville and Cleveland and yeah, he has hurt draft position too.

I will defend him in one way though: He kept things even keel for the young players on the roster to learn the NFL basics. Might have been bad for the kids if the season was just the TANK 0-16 that many people said.

Still, his time is over. I agree, go to Petty or Hack. Probably Petty. Bowles disagrees though. :mad::mad::mad::mad: