Josh McCown ruined this season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Oct 29, 2017.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Probably but I also have no issue with that. Eagles gave up the farm for Wentz and that worked out great. Hopefully this coaching staff can’t develop a young qb

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Everyone knew McCown would start. Petty and Hack are fucking garbage. Did anyone honestly believe Toilet would give up on the season before it was even decided? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Toilet cares about his job. He cares about bleeding out Woody for as much money as he can get. If Toilet knew how to in, he'd do that also, but he knows he sucks. Therefore, he's just going to keep this going as long as he possibly can.

So where McCown was clearly the best QB on the roster, the decision was easy for Toilet. Toilet is a terrible HC, but he doesn't look as bad as Mac does right now? Mac selected those fucking scrubs we have on this team that can't compete with a guy that was 2-20 prior to this season.

NYJetsO12 and tbruner12 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

McCown didn't fck up this season. Its the future that he's seriously screwed with. Instead of being in the top 3 primed for a blue chip QB, the Jets may find themselves on the outside looking up as other teams get their young QB's while we roll one more time with the immortal Josh McCown. Given our illustrious history of developing young QB's for stardom, McCown might have done the QB class of '18 a huge favor by playing over his head and taking the Jets out of the mix.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If you have a sharp GM not MCC then you select a QB like Dak not Hack & maybe even Desaun later on in the draft & strike pay dirt. U all are forgetting of MCC passing over of Dak :mad:

NYJetsO12 and tbruner12 like this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jets only have 3 wins with Mcown playing over his head. If he reverts back to form, Jets may win 5 games total, putting them in a prime position for a high draft pick.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  6. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

No they're not. We have lots of holes on this team.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I cannot tell a lie ... at least not to a man :)

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're Ok! :)

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

all teams have holes. a good qb can make up the difference though.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Stop. McCown didn't ruin the season. Todd Bowles did.

11. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

20 dollars our first round pick is defense

12. truthbtold

This fan base is lacking perspective. We have a good young team, and we're close to being a playoff team next season. We've trailed by more than 10 points in any game only ONCE all season --- vs Raiders. In fact, since that Raider debacle, the only point we even got two scores behind in any game is when we trailed the Pats by 10 points for about 10 minutes in the 4th Q ... but not really, because we got fucked on that ASJ play.

Like I said before ... teams are getting their asses kicked all over the league every week. In the same time period where we haven't even trailed by 10 points, here is a list of teams that have lost games by 14 points or more ... or a lot more ...

Week 8 - Dolphins, Browns, Raiders, 49ers, Bucs, (and Broncos currently trailing 17-3)
    Week 7 - Bears, Colts, Cards, 49ers, Giants, Bengals, Broncos, Falcons
    Week 6 - Browns, Colts
    Week 5 - Cards, Steelers
    Week 4 - Bears, Dolphins, Browns, Ravens, Titans, Colts
    Week 3 - Ravens, Bucs, Dolphins, Panthers, Chargers, Raiders

The point is ... we're not this god awful team that people seem to think we are. The last three weeks show that the team needs time to develop and mature, but we are building something good here. I really don't give a shit where we draft next year.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Could be worse. We could have Trevor Siemian.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You have to consider why we aren't getting blown out. It's because instead of the Sanchez/Geno/2016 Fitz 3 INTs a game tirefires, McCown has somehow given us above average QB play. Despite that, we're 3-5. Any game now a switch will flip and McCown will revert to his usual self. And then we'll be as bad as advertised. Just without a top 3 pick like if McCown didn't turn superhero on us.

15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

McCown was better than Hack and Petty so I won't begrudge Bowles for starting him. I will start to get pissed at bowles for starting McCown once we reach the 7 loss mark. No way we should waste time past that point on having McCown play but I can totally see Bowles riding McCown till the wheels fall off to save his job.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

good qbs don't lose games in the 4th. The mistakes and missed opportunities from McCown have killed us ... stat sheet he looks good, but at the end of the day has been a liability.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if mccown was above average we would be 5-3 right now at minimum

18. HomeoftheJets

Fair enough. Maybe the Jets have Stockholmed me. But if McCown were playing anything like Fitz last year, which is how he normally plays, we'd be 1-7 and nobody would be talking about how promising our roster is.

19. truthbtold

I couldn't possibly care less about a top 3 pick. It means nothing. Rodgers is the best player in the league and he was drafted with the 24th pick. Year after year he finishes ahead of a QB who was drafted #1 overall. The best QB in history was drafted in the 6th round. And btw ... the guy he took the job from was also the #1 pick in the draft.

Draft position is such a small factor in winning. If you make smart personnel moves you win. If you make dumb ones, you lose. That's pretty much how it works.

westiedog1 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

I agree. If I could count on Mac to know how to evaluate quarterbacks and then actually take one, I wouldn't care if we were picking 1st or 10th. But I can't. So I was hoping we'd pick first, there'd be a consensus top QB, and Mac wouldn't have a choice of who to pick. The top QB could still be a bust, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about Mac outsmarting himself again.