Josh Allen.... could he be the Jets version of Porzingis?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 18, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A playoff mandate can cause a front office to make panic moves. I stand by my belief that Bowles and Mac need a playoff team by 2019. That gives them plenty of time from the 2017 roster purge to build a contender. IIRC, Chris did say he's not gonna wait forever to see a winning team.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez his arm and wrist angle has to change. that will help him.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He can throw a 100 yard FG from his knees.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles and Mac are not tied together. Mac I believe has done a better job in his work than Bowles with his (not saying Mac has done great) Bowles has been a disappointment thus far. I feel as though Mac at least deserves to hire his own coach. Bowles was foist upon him.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..

Just got home from the Drugstore and on NFL radio two analysts said the EXACT same thing ..Allen has that Hugh arm but tremendous accuracy issues. The wind up is that your strong arm do s you NO GOOD if you are inaccurate. On the positive side, if some CS can have him improve in that area his upside is Hugh.

Frankly I won't feel good about drafting Allen at all if there is
    a better choice in Rosen and a very accurate Baker M available

The guys also quoted Belichek as saying "this draft class is not good and I would wait till next year" lmao

Belli sending his own smoke signal or worried about how the Pats are locked out ahahah!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..I also have thought the same thing since the Bowles era started...Mac does the Shopping but Bowles is just poor Chef and they are paddling their own canoes

Can anyone name ONE Player other than maybe McCown or even Fitz that Toilet Bowles has gotten THE MOST out of???

The reason why Belichek will be in the Hall of Fame is that HE DOESNT run a Country Club like Uncle Shoddy Toddy the players favorite ; AND he squeezes production from lower round picks and select d FAs

FTRMR I think ANY kid we draft will HAVE to be very talented and have an immediate impact i.e. WIN DESPITE this CS

boozer32 likes this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't know why you want to wish that on another franchise. Pozingis is soft, prima donna and injury prone. He'll be out all of next year too.

#48 boozer32, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Sam Hammer and stinkyB like this.
  9. boozer32

Bowles is a moron and it shows in his coaching and his judgment. Morton who got a career scrub in McCown a career season was fired. Kasey Rodgers a moron who's defense underperformed each and every year still has a job. I'll never understand that.

10. boozer32

Sounds like a paid employee.

11. boozer32

It's even worse than I thought. 49% at a community college. If that doesn't scream Hackenberg 2.0 nothing does. Then you have to listen to Jordan Palmer saying the weather is cold in Wyoming. Guess he shouldn't get drafted by Cleveland, both New York teams, and Denver.

12. boozer32

Knicks really blew it last year in the draft. They could have had Mitchell from the Jazz too. Frank will never be good in the NBA. His defense is pretty good but that is all he can offer. Phil Jackson probably knew he was getting fired and screwed the Knick over on the way out the door.

13. boozer32

If Allen is the pick its like a groundhog seeing his shadow. At least 7 more years of bad QB play. It would say to the fans (the ones still hanging around) that the brass has no idea what they are doing. Allen is by far the worst QB in the entire draft. I would take Jackson, Falk, Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta, Tanner Lee, Alex McGough, Mike White, Kurt Benker before taking Allen.

14. boozer32

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Speaking of Lazy ...

You can also find posts where I say his accuracy and ability to prcoess the play in front of him both per and post snap are my biggest knocks on Allen, but nice way to cherry pick a post.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know if they need to be a playoff team this year or not but they certainly need a winning record or they should be long gone.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. boozer32

Watching and learning could be the worst thing they could do.M M
    My computer locked up and I didn't get to finish my post. Somehow it still posted what I wrote even though I didn't hit the Post Reply button. But I still do not know why your post was directed at me. It looks like you were replying to forevercurse. This is what I meant to type. Watching and learning could be the worse thing to do with these QB's. Would not want the stench of McCown messing up their training. It's not like he's had a stellar career to dole out advise. He certainly did a horrible job in his QB whisperer duties with Hackenberg and Petty.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ok fair enough..

With hack and Petty, well, you can't make chicken salad out of Chicken shit. You need to have the base line talent for a mentor to help mold you into a franchise leading QB.

From what I've read, its not McCown's play that makes him a great mentor, its his over all knowledge of the game, his prep work, and his off feild leadership. Basiclly hes the type of guy who can show kids with the talent how to be a true pro QB, how to prepare, how to lead a locker room (by all accounts the Jets players love him), and how to be the face of the team. His limited physical talents should not prevent him from helping a kid who is willing to learn.

boozer32 and CotcheryFan like this.
  19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Baaahahhahaahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!

That was too funny dude

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32