Josh Allen.... could he be the Jets version of Porzingis?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 18, 2018.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

So you have time to insult his low football IQ and post a video, but not enough to have a conversation/discussion? Pretty uncool if you ask me.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Apologies for the low football IQ comment. However, I'm not having the discussion about his "accuracy" since I've been debating that for months. The video explains my views on the subject and you can check my post history.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This is a stupid tv clip posted by a stupid person. Watch him play. I don't care about feel or presence or any of that crap. His ball placement is poor, his throws are erratic, he panics and loses his equilibrium at the slightest hint of pressure. He doesn't have good accuracy and has never had it. He was not even victimized by the most amount of drops (Rosen was) Maybe for some QB out there completion percentage won't tell the whole story and there will be be a sub 57% guy who turns into an accurate NFL passer

Josh Allen isn't that guy. It does tell the story with him.

NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Look how great KP did this year.
    What a silly notion. At best we'll have to wait just as long to see wtf he actually is

7. Walt White

Rich Eisen and Trent Dilfer LOL

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As a Nets fan, I wish we had a building block like KP. But the question is can he stay healthy for an 82 game season. I can only hope that one or more of DLo, LeVert, and Allen become franchise players in a year or two.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Do you really discount the affect a market can have on a player (of any sport)? History is full of examples, especially of those who were HOF'ers in a small market and went to NY where they couldn't handle the intense scrutiny.

If Allen has any chance to make it, it won't be in NY where not only is there intense scrutiny of all players, but we've already had Hackenberg, and yeah, I know it's so unfair that this comparison is made, but that's the reality, whether it's accurate or not. The kid will be crucified the first bad he has, and EVERY rookie sucks for a few games if not their first season. Do you think Allen - and more importantly Macc & Bowles - can handle that?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

Sure, that's what the Johnsons SAID publicly. But if they aren't measurably better this year, I think Macc & Bowles are gone, and I don't think they have the luxury of taking another "redshirt" QB.

NYJetsO12 and 6-10 once again like this.
  11. Walt White

I like KP. But he was breaking down a little before the acl. He started out great but the rigors seemed to get to him pretty quickly. We'll see. But once that happened the weaknesses of the roster became clear. So did Horacek's lack of patience with a lot them. KP needs a lot of help. They have to hope that Trey Burke and Damyean Dotson can keep improving and they get this draft right.
    I hope they hire Stackhouse. I'm not with Jackson. I like to watch Brooklyn too.

#31 Walt White, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. Walt White

I think the QB pick buys them time myself. If they hadn't made that trade I'd be more inclined to agree. I think that Johnson statement was a non story

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

He did great for like the first 10 games and then fell off a cliff after that. He was lucky to even make the all star game, he didn't deserve it and now might not even play all of next year. That is NOT the type of guy I want on the Jets. I want a guy that isn't an injury waiting to happen and cares about the team. Porzingis seemed to care more about playing for Latvia than the Knicks. Yeah, I'm exaggerating, KP could be a monster in the future, but thus far he has yet to make it through a single season healthy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Walt White

I try to wait as long as possible to criticize a player, especially when the media starts shit. But at this point the team needs to get a lot better because the fears about KP are sound. They have a loooong way to go.

15. Sam Hammer

Every action they have made suggests that Johnson is letting them rebuild via youth and isn't basing decisions on immediate short term success.

If Bowles gets fired it will be because he showed no progress as a coach in improving his in game decision making and adjustments (his biggest weakness IMO). That could very well happen, but I'm not putting Macc in the same boat. He will at least get another couple years to develop a starting QB.

\The fact that they purged the roster last year and had the same record shows progress, and that should continue. Unless they regress big time this year, Macc will stay, and probably Bowles as well.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

You might be right about that, but if the QB they pick - assuming Macc DOES pick a QB - shows any signs of being a project, watch out.

And yeah, "votes of confidence" and even contract extensions don't mean as much as they used to.

17. Walt White

Could be. But the thing about that is that if Mac was strictly thinking about his job a project QB and some improvement throughout the roster, even if that doesn't equate to a winning record, could go along with a "rebuilding" plan and buy them both more time. Allen and Darnold definitely could make that possible.

18. Sam Hammer

Disagree completely. The rookie could sit the entire first year and it won't be an issue for Macc. They brought in McCown and Bridgewater for a reason.

CotcheryFan and Walt White like this.
  19. Sam Hammer

I still see Allen as the 5th best QB in the draft. My point was that the Jets are going to go with the best overall prospect based on their scouting and analytics. They aren't going to pick exclusively based on immediate success. If they see a guy that they think will be a franchise QB, but may take a year or 2 to develop, they aren't going to avoid him to pick an immediate fix that might not last. I don't think that translates into them picking Allen in the least. I feel Allen is a smokescreen. It will be Rosen or Mayfield unless Darnold falls to 3.

CotcheryFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'm more worried about whoever we pick being our fredrick weiss