Josh Allen anyone??

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Jun 9, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Troy Aikman hated throwing in the rain or even playing in the rain. He's in Canton.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Who likes it? How he actually did is what's important.

FJF, ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodger, Rothleisberger like it and so did Bradshaw.

4. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I'm convinced more than ever that the key to qb prospects is elite level ball placement. Darnold's is very promising. Everyone else in this year's class is questionable, at best.

legler82 likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've noticed that some of the same Jet fans who are currently crying about Hackenberg's accuracy due to NCAA completion percentage, are now some of the same exact fans willing to see us tank for a college QB such as Josh Allen? Nice to know.

Because the last time i checked Josh Allen only had a completion percentage of only 56.0% and 15 INT's during his Sophmore season last year when compared to Hackenberg who had a completion percentage of 58.9% and 10 INT's during his Freshman season @ PSU.

Now I'm not saying that Josh Allen isn't a great prospect heading into his Junior year but it's pretty hypocritical to harp all over Hackenberg's NCAA completion percentage when Josh Allen just posted a completion percentage of only 56.0% just last year.

And that's one of the QB's they're waiting to tank for? No questioning of his 56% accuracy and 15 INT's?

I'm sorry but I'd much rather Hackenberg show signs and flash throughout 2017 and if we're to draft top 5, then select Saquon Barkley (HB out of Penn State) who's running style is the closest I've seen to Barry Sanders since either of LeSean McCoy or Barry himself coming out of college.

Just seems hypocritical to me.

And does anyone even know Josh Allen's age? For some reason it's hidden from sites such as Wiki, Sports-Reference & listed as NA on ESPN sites.

xxedge72x likes this.
  6. Walt White

Good question. Don't see it anywhere. That's odd.

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I love the kid. In the draft forum there is a lot of info on him.

I think he has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor when compared to Rosen and Darnold. He reminds me of a mix between ARod and Cam Newton. He has qualities from both players.

Would I take him over Darnold or Rosen... well i have a lot of college football to watch this year before I make that call.

almbleamal likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Allen is now the consensus #1 pick , Darnold will be the consolation prize and may fall further. He has been tossing alot of interceptions during practices during this off season and if you watch even his highlights, his throwing motion is terrible.

9. TonyFtLaud

He runs a pro style offense.
    The kid was a late bloomer had his growth spurt late or would be playing at one of the power house schools.

10. TonyFtLaud

He also has issues in the locker room. Problems with coaches. Lack of leadership and reports are none of his teammates like him.

11. TonyFtLaud

He is 20 years old

Walt White likes this.
  12. Walt White

Okay, thanks, very young

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Where did you find this at? Link?

Sounds about right since he's heading into his Junior year but it's just weird that ESPN has his DOB listed as "NA" and sites such as Wiki & Sports-Refetence doesn't even show his age at all.

But nonetheless it's hypocritical for fans to harp all over Hackenberg's accuracy due to "NCAA completion percentage" but yet talk about tanking for a college QB such as Allen; who just threw 15 INT's along with accuracy problems of his own ala only 56% completion percentage just this past season...

14. TonyFtLaud

It's from a quote from HC Craig Bohl
    "Josh is really a good young man, with a great values system, and he's confident. But you're talking about a 20-year-old farm kid from Firebaugh, California. It's not like this is L.A. It's out there in the middle of …"
    Here's a link to the story
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbss...the-wyoming-qb-who-could-go-no-1-in-2018/amp/

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Since he's a farm kid from the left coast, do you have any concerns about his playing in the glaring spotlight of NYC?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Good call on those games..
    I hope I remember them, as Allen is most interesting prospect to me.

I haven't seen Wyoming either, but system and player comparisons I've heard are similar to Wentz in North Dakota.
    Also have heard Flacco in terms of size and arm strength.
    He's certainly a player to keep an eye out for this season.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

1. There's a lot of football to be played before Allen or any of the "can't miss" class of 2018 hits the draft.
    2. Who's to say that they'll even come out in 2018?
    3. The Jets will have to win no more than 2 -3 games to even qualify for one of these guys.
    4. Darnold is already slipping down the charts.
    5. Whoever they pick should come from a school where the talent around him is mediocre, and it's clear that he is the reason they win or are competitive. As the article in today's (6-11-17) NY Post points out, QBs from Big Time schools often fail because they played in a system and were surrounded by great talent, and when they wind up on a poor team in the pros their shortcomings only then are revealed.

I still think they should've grabbed Mahomes.

#37 ColoradoContrails, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  18. Walt White

Wyoming is in the Mountain West Conference, which is a fun conference to watch. Lotta offense, and there's usually a game or two to watch later at night if you still like to check a game out. Always liked that conference, and the Pac-10, now 12, for that reason.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

1 Word:
    Moxy

His stock will rise...

almbleamal and TonyFtLaud like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

Not really.
    If he can play, he will become a media darling. He seems like a pretty low-key guy also. Doesn't appear to be the type to want the limelight. He actually said he learned alot from Johnny Football about what not to do while training with George Whitfield this off season.