Johnnys divisional round picks --

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by slowmoe57, Jan 9, 2009.

1. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

2-2 so far --

Ravens p3 vs Titans
    Panthers -10 vs Cardinals
    Giants -4 vs Eagles
    Chargers p6 vs Steelers

good luck to all

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ravens +3
    ravens ml +140

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Panthers -9.5 ship ship

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

Giants -4 over Eagles
    I'm sorry, I just don't see this Eagles juggernaut. They pass the ball far too much, and their receivers aren't that good. Can they win this game? Absolutely. But they will need an effective, mistake-free game from Donovan McNabb to do that. If McNabb isn't perfect, they won't win. Brian Westbrook is a great back, but he'll do his damage more from screens than running the ball. If the Giants can limit that, they should win this game. I hate laying 4, but the Giants are a better team, and they've been rested. Besides, look at the weather report. Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward can run no matter what's going on outside. A windy day hurts the Eagles much more than the Giants. Eli Manning just needs to take care of the football and not force the issue.
    Giants 21, Eagles 13

Chargers +6 over Steelers
    I admit, this is far from my most confident pick. I think Pittsburgh beats San Diego: their defense is just way too good for a Tomlinson-less San Diego team. Good luck picking up the blitz, Darren Sproles! But I do not have confidence in the Steelers offense. The line simply is not that good, and Roethlisberger is not a great quarterback. He makes plays when he has to, but he's far from pretty. The first game infamously ended 11-10 Steelers, but either team could have won that. The weather is going to be horrible in Pittsburgh, which at first glance favors the hometown Steelers, but in reality, it just favors defense and low-scoring. Pittsburgh's defense will make just enough plays when it has to, and as much as I like Philip Rivers, he can't do it himself.
    Steelers 17, Chargers 14.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Steelers ML -277

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie