John Dorsey.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cman68, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wish we had him instead of Macc... Can you imagine where this team would be with a smart effective GM that knows how to get MAJOR SHIT DONE..

Anybody still looking down their noses at the Browns needs a acid enema..

That is all.

CBG, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ouch.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I see it more as a failure on the Giants part. They didn't get nearly good enough value for him. Dorsey is smart and knows what he's doing, but the Giants seem to be completely rebuilding now.

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Well the stupid owner hired Charlie Casorly () to consult him on who to hire for GM and he found his buddy Big Mike and Todd Bowles.

Doresey built a playoff roster and didn’t see eye to eye with coach and is just building a power house. Mac is terrable

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Didn't Dorsey draft Mahomes, Tyreek and Kelce too? Guy is a wizard (although Andy Reid was there too I guess)

The two shittiest GMs in football are both in NY. Gettleman actually somehow worse than Dumbcagnan.

HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

The worst GM in the nfl only has a job right now because the 2nd worst gm passed on darnold

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Sashi Brown laid the groundwork there.

Some impressive moves so far this offseason I'll give him that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

im not a mac hater but you made me laugh in real life with this one

Brook! likes this.
  9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Dorsey made good moves since he's been there, but Sashi really left very little for him to fill. Sashi was only fired because he ended up passing on some decent QB's, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had taken Baker, especially since the analytics were so high on him compared to the other QBs last year. Sashi knew what he was doing, but NFL fans (right so) are very impatient when it comes to rebuilds.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

in 4 years of drafts for the chiefs this is who he drafted
    travis kelce, dee ford, macus peters, mitch morse, tyrek hill, mahomes and hunt

some really good players but to be fair, he's also mainly sucked in the 4th round or later with the exception of hill (5th rounder). 2 out of his 3 2nd rounders are busts too in that time. his 1st rounders though have been studs (mahomes, fisher, ford, peters) very similar to mac really but we like to see the grass is greener and focus on the bad picks our GMs make and focus on the good picks of other GMs

with that said, most of the talent he brought in there are gone. KC is ripping their team apart. the cut houston and berry, they traded ford and peters, the releases hunt (off field issues though) , let mitch morse walk. all in the past 2 years. you have to wonder what ried is doing there but could be worse. we could be the giants who are the new laughing stock of the NFL

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Dorsey uses the K.I.S.S. method. Keep It Simple Stupid. He sees a good football player and he tries to acquire them. Too many GMs talk themselves out of things, he doesnt.

Having said that - I hope it blows up in his face cause I don't like Cleveland or OB-gay haha

M00ndawg and Brook! like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dorsey does circles around Mickey Mike

Been sayin that for a year

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He got fired because they went 0-16. That kind of poop stain may be impossible to recover from.

I agree with you he did know what he was doing. He made some genius trades to stockpile a boatload of quality draft picks which is the main reason why Dorsey can do what he's been doing and he drafted Garrett not Dorsey.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The really sad thing is that we could have had Dorsey when he left the Chiefs. The Johnsons could have immediately reached out to him and if he would have taken the job, fired Mac.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Woody did the right thing after the 2012 season and cleaned house, Dorsey could've been our GM.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why do this to yourself?

You know how I felt about our rebuilding and preferring to go 0-16 for three seasons and building up through the draft, well that is now paying off for the browns.

It is what it is at the end of the day, wishing for Dorsey means you may as well wish for bellyache and the what iffs of that scenario.

Those cheating jets with 5 rings :(

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It just wears you down over the years KOB. We pass on the right guy, hire the mediocre guy, and nothing ever changes. We do this shit over and over and over while learning nothing. Always the guy we pass on has instant success whereas the guy we choose is always "rebuilding". Shit is officially old now...

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Huh? Dorsey was GM of the Chiefs, not the Giants. He never played or worked for the Giants. He was with the Packers, Seahawks, back to the Packers, the Chiefs, and now the Browns.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I would guess he is referencing the trade of ODB to the Browns. ie the Giants never got good value and are in rebuild mode.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well it is what it is...Dorsey with Kitchens cooking stuff up