John Abraham trade a done deal?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dallas. Parcells. 3-4. Thats my guess.

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'm officially calling this Randy Lange article "Bunk," like a toothless elderly fellow, because the link is nowhere to be found. I'm going to believe in this article like Carl Everett believes we landed on the moon.

-X-

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think Denver would have to be considered the front runner but IMO a team to keep an eye on is Cleveland. I believe they were one of the very few teams with there salary cap under control and also have a major need for a player like Abe. Should be interesting, I do believe that if we are gonna trade Abe it is gonna happen fast..

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No way.

Dallas drafted their "abraham" last year in Ware.

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

this is weird-because many other reports have said that we are under the cap as of now with restructures by coles and ellis... interesting.

6. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

With the lack of CBA agreement, are people gonna be able to sign their draft picks? I think we're gonna have a really hard time trading down now, as teams are not gonna want to shell out the cash that comes with a top 5 pick

7. Smizzy

Smizzy Banned

Those 2 first rd picks they have this yr puts them on top of the list.

Ill take that 22nd pick and they can have Abe.

8. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

definitely.

but I'd say it's gonna be #29. The problem I have with that is, we should have just tried to get an early 2nd and 3rd Rounder rather than R1,29. I guess we can just hope that someone is there at 29 that "shouldn't" be there, resulting in a steal. Who knows, maybe we even trade down from 29 (if that's what we're getting for Abe.)

cheers

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

how does this work now??? i know that if we get under cap before midnite we are ok...but how does that allow us to spend money in the FA? do we get to spend as much as we want now that we are under and if we are over again next year then we have to make the same cuts to get under the cap by the start of the FA again??? someone with knowledge on this please explain this to me

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You're not allowed to go over the cap, so we can't just start spending all this money because we're under the cap.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

so how do we find ways to sign people now( draft picks, FA's) without going over? and how do teams end up over in the end of the year, is it because of incentives and roster bonuses or what?

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

We have to cut enough salary so we are under the cap, to pay for our draft picks and free agents. After we sign all the people we sign, and draft players, we still have to be under the $94.5M cap. You go over the cap because players contracts change every year based on how they are structured.