Johan Santana

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Penning10, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Penning10

Penning10 Member

First off I'd like to say i'm a lil surprised that so many Jets fans are pro-yanks. I don't hate on you for it, shit I wish I was bred into that, but I'm a huge Mets fan.

Anyway, its bad news about Santana getting hurt again, and he's gonna contribute 0, with the Mets on the hook for 31 million. The Mets gave up nothing of value in that trade, but the contact screwed them in the long run.

I know that its a really bad deal in hindsight, but for me I really enjoyed watching that guy pitch. He is a true competitor and I have no ill will towards the guy. I hope after he rehabs the Mets can sign him cheap as a #5 starter.

Also, im drunk....but I do mean what i said.

#1 Penning10, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Him missing this year will be big not that I had extremely high hopes but I had us in the hunt for the wild card we are young and pitching will be a question mark as injuries are piling already

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I share your sentiments OP. Probably not the best contract but it was a privilege to watch him pitch over the years. Classy guy I might add.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that trade ended up being a bad one for both the Mets and Twins.

5. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Santana had so much potential for the Mets. Shame to see his career with them end like this