Jets WRs - proves value is there late and the jets do a good job

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think this WR corps is going to be much better than people are giving them credit for going into the season.

FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Using the “i was just kidding “ cop out is weaker than not responding.

K'OB likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Agreed, I think it’s an average at worse corps with big potential if Robbie and Q pick up where they left off

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. He was a great player.But I stil consider hom the #2 simply paired w Bruce.To your point however he was more like a #1

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Anyone think Pryor could be big this year

6. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

T Pryor was a 1,000 Wr for One Season ( will never put up those numbers again). . Defenses make adjustments , and how many yards did he put up last year.
    I hope I'm wrong , but I be surprised if Robbie Anderson comes anywhere close to 1,000 this season.( teams are going to take away the routes he had success last year.

There isn't one Jet Wr that keeps defensive coordinators up at night. Time to start investing in the offense line, and the skill positions.

Will gladly eat crow if I'm proven wrong.

Peebag and tbruner12 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

pryor was injured all last year and missed a lot of time and even when he played wasn't 100% or even close. in cleveland he put up big numbers just based on sheer volume and being healthy. he is a capable 1000 yard WR but it'll be easier here becuase cleveland had nobody to take attention away form him. he was seeing double teams all the time and still put up 1k yards. here we have robbie and Q to take attention away so pryor will get a lot of single coverage.

robbie would have had 1k yards last year if not for injures to mccown. petty was terrible. with that said teams really couldn't take him away. his rookie year sure, but last year he developed into more then a deep WR and just made teams looks silly for playing off and ran by press coverage. I'd be surprised if he didn't pull 1k yards barring injury but if he doesn't it'll be becuase he's grabbing so much attention making life easy for the other guys.

I guarantee you anderson is keeping teams up at night and with Q and pryor behind him and even kearse as a solid vet slot WR teams are going to have trouble gameplanning against us as long as our Qbs don't shit the bed

PJ4Ever, K'OB and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

they tried taking away his best routes this past season, but he's developed into more then just a deep threat.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

no, cause a rookie outplayed him in Washington and lost trust from Cousins. Honestly, its possible for him to be a surprise cut

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Potential, but not top 15.
    Anderson came alive due to McCown's play. Truthfully, I would bet Anderson didn't use 1/3 of the route tree. If Teddy has a comeback player of the year type season, Robbie will get 1K. If Ted doesn't, I doubt Robbie gets to 1k. If McCown starts all year, I see him spreading it out, Q, Pryor, and Kearse will catch enough balls to keep Anderson from hitting the mark.
    Keep in mind that we will also have TE's and RB's who catch passes too.
    To add, I remember Bowles saying that running the ball would be an area of concentration. To what extent, who knows though.
    I'm sure other teams, and specifically CB's and Safeties also will have Anderson's past season to study from.
    Anderson isn't a big strong physical guy, that's gonna hurt him forever.
    To be honest, I would rather Pryor get the 1000 yards. He can be the deep threat, but is physically gifted enough to go inside. If Pryor gets a 1K season, think what Q, Kearse, and Anderson may get?
    If Crowell is as good at catching passes and moving the chains as Powell is, that will be good for the offense and something we haven't had in a while.
    What about our TE's? Are we gonna use what we have or is it gonna be like Chan's offense and use of TE?
    Jenkins was showing blips on the radar, now he is gone.
    What if Darnold starts? Who is he gonna favor, or have built the most chemistry with? The veteran pass catchers, and guys who know how to get open.
    We don't have a lot of big expensive names on offense, but we do have an offense with a high ceiling...... Even though we are starting in the basement so to speak.
    I don't care who ends up with the stats, or who starts where and when.
    I want to win and be in the playoff tree with a shot at the Lombardi.
    Our offense won't be our weak link, is my belief going into the season.
    That falls on the annual spiral our defense has made since Todd came to town. I'm sure someone will start a defense thread, I won't do it here.

11. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

How do you like your crow prepared?
    Anderson may be a head case but his talent is undeniable Only injuries or suspensions keep him from getting 1000yds this season
    Enunwa is a beast and match up nightmare if healthy
    Prior is another huge man that can run fast. If he is healthy how do defenses adjust?? The same way the have been "adjusting " for Julio Jones??
    Kearse isn't flashy but gets it done
    Then you got Hansen Stewart and Charles Johnson from Minny
    I am not worried about the talent in Jets wr room

K'OB and FJF like this.
  12. Ohnoit'sGeno

Let's examine this thread at the end of the season. Let's see how far I'm off in my prediction that R Anderson won't sniff 1,000 yards.( jets will have more options in the passing game this year that it's going to be make it very hard for him to get to 1,000 yards. Less threats in passing game = more likely have Wr that gets 1,000 yards. Give me your numbers what the Jets offense numbers will look like in 2018.( what I'm asking is where will they rank offensively- Jyo)
    Why I ask for your guess because trying to figure out where you think this passing offense going to finish in 2018) .

If Enunwa can come back and play up to his pre injury level than he defintely someone I will concede is a major threat.( believe this one more than Anderson.

T Pryor is 29 years old now- probably if made the switch to Wr much earlier in his career would be farther along in development. There is more to playing Wr than just how fast you can run. Again count on him putting up anywhere close to that one season in Cleveland, and you're asking to be disappointed.

Kearse is simply a professional Wr . What's not to like about the player.

13. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

14. Ohnoit'sGeno

Agree with most of what you posted. Here is where I disagree Teddy Bridewater has a weak arm (is great 10-15 yards) . He doesn't throw a very good deep ball, and that would hurt R Anderson numbers bigtime .

Also we know Sam Darnold will see the field at some point this year. As good as we think Darnold going to be , he still is a rookie and is going to experience growing pains majority of rookie Qb's face coming to the NFL.( has only two years of college playing experience).

It isn't about 2018 for the Jet franchise. I think it's time for the fans to lower their expectations , as they should be drafting in the top ten again next year. That's okay because because 2020 should be the year( if they add the pieces) should be when they are serious challengers for the playoffs.

FJF likes this.
  15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about individual numbers for the WR corp. The depth of the unit is most likely deeper than we've seen in a while which is a positive. I'm also anticipating some young guys improving across the roster.

I'm hoping that they can get back to running the ball like they did in '15. I'm expecting to rush better at least. If that happens the O as whole will be better and the numbers take care of themselves.

The running game will set up all the QB's however that plays out and if they interchange. I'm not even thinking about passing stats. Hopefully they aren't either.

tbruner12 likes this.
  16. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I always thought Teddy had a good deep arm? Did his knee hurt that?
    I'm not comparing him to Warren Moon, I'm just saying his arm was good, what happened?

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nah he's always had a limited arm. lots of his game was mobility and short to intermediate routes.

tbruner12 likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The more the NFL tailors the rules to be a passing driven league the less I believe you need that one guy. In the game today you may be better off having 3 guys that can be a #2 instead of needing the dominant guy.

Teams are in 3 and 4 wideout set more, defense nickel may as well be the base for most teams. The passing game is more about finding the soft spot in the D abd taking what you can and less about physically dominating the guy across from you.

I think we have a very nice group for either a vet to work with or a young guy to grow with.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. It will be particularly effective with some one like Sam that is very effective on roll outs and quickly finding and delivering the ball to any open target.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member