Jets Turned Down Offers for Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 4, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can't stay healthy, what kind of made up shit is that?

2. He plays through injuries but is always banged up. This combined w his limited routectree makes him very inconsistent.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Could you provide some facts to back this up?

Im not being a smart ass, I just honestly don't remember him having an injury problem. As far as I remember, this is the only time he's really had a semi serious injury

4. Yeah so i have no issue providing evidence just to show that my pointbwasnt out of thin air..but it was a crappy statement on my part that wasnt even necessary to make my point.I havent been able to find a full on source of 16 week inury report this is what ive been able to find which suggest him being banged up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...roncos-injury-report-robby-anderson-will-play week 14

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswi...obby-anderson-fails-to-complete-practice/amp/

Week 14 against Dever “aggravated” a hamstring which means he had already been dealing w something

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...obby-anderson-removed-from-injury-report/amp/ Week 3 knee..looks like it had been an issue for the short term

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Macc only decided to keep Anderson because he didn't want Anderson skull fucking his wife

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

It’s certainly a consideration.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I like Robby the player but he’s not Randy Moss, he’s not a low budget Randy Moss, he’s a complete one trick pony, he cannot our-muscle defenders for jump balls, he cannot break tackles, he’s not a short to intermediate receiver, he runs a limited route tree and he half asses it some throws.

Having said that I’d like to retain him on a reasonable contract.

Having said THAT, if you’ve seen him on Instagram, he fashions himself as a superstar with expensive tastes so he will look for every last dollar he can get.

Which is his right. So he’s not going to be a Jet. Put the highest tender on him and move on.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree. If things don't change, I would offer Andrrson enough for a second round tender (I beleive that will be just north of $3M a year). If he ends up being signed by another team, the Jets should say thank you and move on.

NCJetsfan and Jets69 like this.
  9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

In what world is Robby worth a 1st -3rd? I guess the same world we coulda got more for Bridgewater. The reason he probably wasn't traded is because teams were offering 5th and 6th round picks.

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Unless he becomes a more "all-around" receiver, I don't think Robby is worth a second rounder. That's why I wouldn't have any heartburn if someone signed him in the off-season and the Jets receive a second round pick in return.

However, if Anderson plays for the Jets at just over $3M a year (the result of nobody else offering Robby a contract and giving up a second rounder) then that's OK too.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. He's worth a lot more than that. Sorry, you're now off my short list to replace Mac. :p;):D LOL

12. Tough crowd lol

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I find him to be very hit or miss. Depends on what was offered. A second or better would probably had me debating really hard. But after Enunwa, Anderson is the only one worth keeping as long as he doesn't threaten to assault anyone's wives.

Pryor was a non-factor. Kearse just isn't getting open.

TE's are producing though.