Jets trading for 49ers CB Rashard Robinson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 31, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That's possible, but it is also possible that truly nothing was official when his press conference started and the news broke during it. If that's true, obviously Bowles is not going to tip the Jets hand that they are discussing a trade with SF before it's official.

2. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Exactly what i thought, whats the point of announcing hey were looking to make a deal and then not actually getting it done. The press conferance was literally at the same time the trade was announced, no reason to tip your hand unless its official and up until that point it wasn't.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Nesquik

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-new-york-jets-trade-for-cb-rashard-robinson

Actually this profile sounds more encouraging than I'd previously thought. Looks like a very young CB, entered the year as the #1, and has performed pretty well, but kryptonite seems to be excessive penalties... Either way, for his age, skill set and experience already, seems like a fine use of a 5th round pick.

Would be another story if this guy was a vet in his mid/upper 20s or something..

hwismer and Nesquik like this.
  5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

For the people tooling on Macc, you haven't been paying attention. He has demonstrated that he can find diamonds in the rough. If anything, his late round draft picks and free agent acquisitions have been better than average.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It's true; especially this last-second crop of free agents trade prior to the season. Gotta give him credit, but concerning that these guys are performing about as well or better than his high draft picks...

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Ealy, Kearse, Kelley, Bass, ASJ, Roberts

Macc has done well with supplementary talent. Just get a QB and some EDGE talent and solidify the O-Line.

3 most important things but still I trust him in other areas.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's making 6 mil this season. that's around mid tier #2 CB prices. I don't expect all world play from him. yeah we overpaid a bit for him but he was cast as a number 3 slot CB and he's been asked to do more.

9. ChrebetCrunch

That's fair. He whiffed on a few high picks in 2015 and 2016. The jury is still out on Darron Lee. I was happy with him on this year's draft day when he selected Adams and Maye, and still happy with his decision.

10. ChrebetCrunch

If we had just ONE disruptive edge rusher, our defense vastly improves. The secondary magically gets better.

ajax and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Nesquik

Systems matter so much in football, i think he's a system guy not to say that he's not a good player but he can be someone who's plays way better on this defense given a lesser role (He was the #1 in SF). So given that maybe with less on his plate hell perform better. He entered extremely young in this league still only 22 and only had 8 starts at LSU.

egelband likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its not like it was some major franchise altering move anyway. The GM picked up some backup cornerback.... that's his job. That's not the head coach's job. He's got a game in 2 days

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's possible, but I would think that if Bowles knew about the trade, he would have said something like, "I don't want to say much as nothing is official, but we have a potential trade or two in the works. If one or more of them come to fruition, then I'll answer questions about it later, but that's all for now."

egelband likes this.
  14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Bingo! Sports in general (well, maybe not baseball) is such a science and mainly comes down to system and execution.
    There are loads of highly talented athletes out there. Getting them synchronized and moving in the same cadence is key.
    Of course there are a few super-duper outliers. But I think those are exceptions to the basic rule.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That's still alot for a bottom tier cornerback. He's not starting material and way too much for a slot CB who comes in on 3rd down.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lol

17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Robinson will see action tonight, more than likely? The Bills just added Kelvin Benjamin, a 6'5" tower. When he faced the Patsies, the patsies had no answer for him. Cam Newton put the ball where only Benjamin could catch it. The patsy defenders were way too small to defend him. The Jets also have that problem. Of course, Robinson is what? 6'1"? That height will come in handy in defending Benjamin tonight.........

18. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Is this guy an upgrade over Roberts or Skrine?

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He was the #1 in San Fran due to injuries and he only played 8 games at LSU due to failed drug test, being academically ineligible and finally due to getting kicked out of school for unlawful entry and theft of a teammates belongings.

20. Nesquik

No he was number 1 at the start of the season and due to penalties was benched all the stuff u said about him at LSU was correct tho, idk I'm just trying to be positive every Jet fan can't be negative can they lol