Jets to Sign Travis Swanson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Apr 3, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, he did try to trade up for Tunsil, but either failed or the price was too high. All Tom looks at is that Mac didn't get Tunsil. I fault Mac for not taking a tackle in the 2015 or 2016 draft.

There were quite a few good OT prospects in the 2015 draft: A. Peat, T.J. Clemmings, Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Havenstein, D. Smith, and J. Brown.

In the 2016 draft there were L. Tunsil, R. Stanley, J. Conklin, T. Decker, and J. Spriggs.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yo, dude. Chill. You wanna talk about over reactions, try looking in the mirror and reading what you have posted.

3. Yes center is important for protection calls but that’s sort of a prerequisite for a center in the NFL.If you can’t make protection calls you likely aren’t finding a job. Unless a guy is truly dominant which is a rare find in a ZBS all you’re looking for is consistency in pass pro & the ability to get out in space & win the “point of attack”. Johnson was a mess in pass pro otherwise he might still be here

The versatility point about Ragnow is a good one. He’s got heavy hands,good balance & superior upper body strength.However he doesn’t have great feet & really needs work on his pad level.id like to see more quickness & fluidity in space to play center in this scheme.I think he projects better as a guard & even though he played in a ZBS in college I like him better in a gap blocking scheme which will better allow him to play to his strengths.He reminds me alittle of Matt O’dwyer as a guard.Not quite the pass protector but a better run blocker

#63 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m chill lol Also I’m correct