Jets to sign ILB Avery Williamson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 13, 2018.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The one real issue for the Jets is still the DL with having Mo, Sheldon, Coples ( not much of a loss anyway) - 3 1st round dratf picks. What a disaster. There hasn't been any attempt to fix this broken area. Plus no pass rusher?

They are in serious deep doo-doo if they don't do anything here. Another reason for them to trade down? Or bring Sheldon back?

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I read that Jets brass felt like his numbers were inflated due to schemes that funneled plays his way. It also said that he missed tackles at inopportune times and that irked them. Their goal was to get younger and upgrade the position and they feel like they did with Williamson. Time will tell..

Walt White likes this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Get ready for Chubb at #6.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not a chance he takes him at 6. Nelson maybe if he is still there. Way too many wasted 1st round picks on defense in the past.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who cares? He's the best pass rusher available. Why would you not take him at 6? Especially considering what you're building on defense.

Not saying that's what I want, but I would have a hard time getting my panties in a bunch over a very solid foundation on defense all under the age of 28.

FJF likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'd normally agree, but pretty much all of those first round DEs are no longer on the team, and I don't think any were projected to be as good as Chubb as far as edge rushing goes, but you never know. We do have a gaping hole on the Dline and Chubb would be a great addition if all 4 QBs are off the board by #6 (which is the only way he falls pretty much).