Jets/Steelers Roll Call (AFC Championship Edition)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brick, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'll be at the Church Brew Works early eve, then hopefully Claddagh later on.

It's GO Time!

2. LogeSection2RowJ

You might be WISHING it's 18 fucking degrees. That may be true during daylight but this is a night game. I'm thinking 12 degrees. Perhaps less.

3. Brick

Brick Member

See the weather thread in the game section. It was cold here today, but it was tolerable without wind. When the wind kicked earlier in the day, it was brutal.

Bundle up. I recommend thermals.

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I was at the game in New England and Ill be at the game tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Leaving Staten Island around 7am. CANT FUCKING WAIT!

5. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Got a text from a guy that I've brought tickets from before. He has 2 busses coming in from NY and set that up. I think it's like from 2 to 5pm? I'll probably go to Finnegan's though.

6. ........

........ Trolls

70+ degrees here, tickets to
    Stanford/UCLA in an hour and a half at Pauley, and I'd trade places in an instant with any of you lucky bastards. Should've pulled the trigger on a Pitt trip, but I've been hoping against hope to go in two weeks if we win tomorrow.

Turn that yellow pisshole green, boys.

7. Brick

Brick Member

Well, this is not entirely on topic, but for the December 19th game I tried to lead the J-E-T-S chant in my section. There were a lot of Jets fans, but we were sparse and it only came together once.

I suggest an alternative. On Jets kickoff, after a score, I am going to yell:

TOM JACKSON!

Pittsburgh delenda est.

8. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

2 dads and 5 kids (17, 17, 14, 13, 11) leaving tonight at 7:30 from Westchester. Section 523. Gotta return home right after game ends for Monday midterms! Psyched for the game but not the ride home.

9. Brick

Brick Member

Bundle up those kids!

On the way in, you should be fine in any direction - but I would consider taking 79 to 80 on the way back rather than taking 376 to 76. From Westchester, that may be the way you'll be going anyway via GPS, etc... A lot of the bridges will be closed for gameday and getting through downtown to 376 will be a slow, painful ordeal.

Safe travels.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Im in row a section 120 what is the obstructed view?? like what is in the way??

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Us too. One of the guys has to be in work for 7:30 so we have to boogie after the game. We're in Sec 524.

No idea. I think some big metal tower or some shit. I tried to find it on a Pitt map but to no avail.

Its 9:20pm and its time for bed. I have to be ready to roll at 7:30am. Its gonna be a brutal 6 hours on the road.

#91 fozzi58, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  12. CityIsland Jet Fan

CityIsland Jet Fan New Member

Party is from 3-6 at Lexus club at PNC park. $125 per person I would post link but not enough posts yet. Its on eBay

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Just left!!!!!

14. MeanGreenCervan007

MeanGreenCervan007 New Member

Is it time yet?!?!?!? I couldn't sleep last night and can't wait to get this party started!! Can't wait to see the the sea of green flood this beehive of bumblebees!

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Where is everyone going again? I can not wait parking is going to be tough though

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I'm about 3 hrs away. Making really good time. I'm seeing a lot of jet fans on the road.

17. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Finnegans is jammed with Jets fans but If you want to sit down and eat, I'm next door at Bru Lounge

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Not rubbing my nose at anyone, but I am so glad that I didn't burn upwards of $800+++ to see that game in person. You guys are troopers, sorry for the shitty ride home!

#98 KOZ, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

Heinz Field vs. NMS

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the old New Meadowlands Stadium thread, but I wanted those others at the game to read it to get their opinion.

For those who witnessed the game in person, notice the difference between how the stadium uses sound, scoreboard, etc compared to our stadium? And they only have one scoreboard.

They are masterful using the scoreboard and sound effects to pump the crowd up during timeouts. The fans know exactly what their role is, and they play-up the 12th man aspect - going as far as showing 12th man stats on the scoreboard by listing false starts, forced TO's, delay of game calls, etc. The scoreboard plays great Steelers videos during the time outs. When play is about to resume the crowd is in a complete frenzy. I wish the Meadowlands Stadium/Jets folks learned something from it. They don't need a god damned flight crew.

There's NO REASON we should not watch NY Sack Exchange highlight montages, and images of our '68 team during our timeouts at home. Imagine after every Jets sack, seeing Gastineau doing his dance on the Shea turf up on the video board? How about a clip of Don Maynard shouting "You dirty Colt! You dirty Gah!" Our crowd would go insane.

Before the players get introduced in Pittsburgh they have a franchise timeline highlight movie beginning with footage from the 50's right throughout the different SB teams. It's beautiful. I loved it. The Steelers do it right. We don't know what we're doing. I was unimpressed with this aspect of our new stadium this year, and am posting this with the hope that someone from the Jets reads it and says to themselves, you know what, we could do things like they do....

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Their fans sit on their hands until they are told to cheer by the scoreboard. I was not impressed w/ the Pitt crowd.

Their scoreboard is terrible, a huge difference going from NE to Pitt.

Getting in was insane, it took over half an hour to get upstairs and we were packed in as tight as could be. Thankfully no one was trampled.

I love the view though, it appeared that even the last row in the UD was lower than the 1st row of the UD at our new Stadium.