Jets start dumping players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 19, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Any day. What has Elway done? Took over a SB level defense, was the only real landing place for a HOF QB who talked himself out of Indy? Only to have QBs on his roster less effective than ours? Now take a second to think about this, he turned the SB team he inherited and turned it into a team that won the same number of games as our rebuilding gutted roster of kids, brought in one POS QB after another but I'm supposed to turn to him for his opinion?

The whole Lee thing is so pointless. He was drafted where he was said to go. There aren't a list of better picks that we should have taken and he played well enough last season.

TonyFtLaud, hwismer and LAJet like this.
  2. LF911SC

Because other than McNabb who has he developed? Aaron Murray? Kevin Hogan? Foles had one season with him, then was ineffective & gone. Mike Kafka? Kevin Kolb? Andy Hall? AJ Feeley? All Reid picks, how many had he developed? He does run a nice offense but not seeing a history

Skicats likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The Lee Pick is not pointless,I personally think he is a bad player that plays in a defense that does not suit him alla Vilma but I stray,, me and you can blow first , second , third and fourth round picks but these guys get paid to get those correct and the later rounds.,,Elway did a decent job after selecting Lynch not every round but he got players who contributed ps I think its way to early to call Lynch a bust when he has barely played and he is learning new Offenses each year and was playing in a totally different offense in college but I guess you can possibly say that about our qb also , time will tell but many including me hated the Hack pick and new Mac reached,,,,we can go thru the drafts player by player but it matters not ,I will say this Mac has not impressed me especially with the later picks,,,Elway has found players in later rounds. I will give you that both teams could have issues at the qb position but lets just say that IF Cousins signs here, "IF" that happens I say the jets still have so many ISSUES and many holes to fill on both sides of the ball but IF cousins sings with Denver = instant Super Bowl contender. The bottom line this is not really about Denver its about the Ny Jets front office lacking how to evaluate talent and build a team and coach the talent.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Post of the year lol.

I wish there was a way to have the actual news posts come up first, or at least highlighted.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Do you even know if Cousins can sing? And even if he can how does that make Denver an instant SB contender? Ugh so confused..

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ive heard he is a very good singer

JetLifeLo likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Norwell would be a great addition but I think he gets tagged.
    Richburg I wouldn't touch unless he came very cheap. He missed a long term from a concussion,10-12 weeks. That indicates he has had other head trauma and is a risk to make it through a season.
    Price or Ragnow would be better options.

8. LF911SC

Again, who should we have picked near that pick of Lee? You can't look at the pick in a vacuum, what was the alternative. He did play much better last season, no idea that he won't fit into this D. He's played almost all of his NFL career out of position, until last season when his play improved,

Lynch is a total bust. Or Elway is an even worse GM and talent evaluator than I'm saying if he traded up to get him, is going to replace him with either an expensive replacement in Cousins or a high draft pick. Lynch will never play for Elway. Anyone who watched Lynch play knows he sucks, he's at best a backup QB as most predicted.

Which players has Elway added that have been the backbone of the team?

And i still don't get the Elway/Denver envy. The Jets and Broncos were both 5'win teams. Denver was the slightly worse 5 win team but QB added makes them instant SB contenders while we still would have lots of holes to fill. Never mind to sign Cousins the Broncos have to cut players that contributed to 5 wins. Just to sign him. While the Jets without the cap issues would be able to sign Cousins and then turn around and add talent to fill their holes. Something Elway can't do. Jets are much better off.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you think Elway did not DRAFT players who contributed I beg to differ,,,,,,,,ps If Cousins is smart he takes less to go win in Denver rather than sign with the Jets for more money,,,,,,its not love for Denver at all its reality that the organization we root for has 1 more year of this mess then hopefully we start over with the right guys running it, sadly Woody is still involved or at least the family is. Also I do not think Lee got better at all, did he have a few games yep , were more bad than good YEP. Again me and you don't get paid to pick the Right guy but Mac does

10. TonyFtLaud

[
    You didn't want the Jets to draft Mahomes at 6. You wanted Howard in the first round. You were defending Petty at the time.
    Here's how you rated the QBs

HomeoftheJets and BacktoQueens like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

It seems to work just fine for the Browns every year.....:rolleyes:

FJF likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

Are you at all familiar with the Situation in Denver?
    Start at the top. Who is the owner?
    Don't know do you? That's ok because no one does, the ownership is in probate and no one has a clue who will take over or when.
    Coaching? Vance Joseph has the hottest seat in the league.
    The D is aging out quickly, Talib will be gone this season, Anderson is being released for cap room. Both of their good recievers are 30 plus , have had injury and drops the past couple of seasons and are only getting older. The o line is bad, and they are a season away from a full purge and rebuild. Denver is about to begin the mess we are working out of.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tony I don't have a love affair with the Broncos but I used to love these Jets a lot more than I do right now,,,,Denver has problems and will lose players but they still have players. There 2 aging Wr are still better than anyone on our roster but I stray,,I know our qb situation is a mess,,and people can say what they want about any other GM and team but I just don't trust MAC to pick the right qb and I don't trust Bowels to coach em up. I know our off line is very bad we don't just need a LT and Center but could use 3 guys and our Gm don't like to draft em,,,,I would rather have Denvers 2 aging Rec than ours but thats me and I stray again,,, hopefully Quincy is ok,,but it won't matter if no one can throw to the kids,,,,and yes I would have released Robbie Anderson but that will happen in time he's a screw up,,,,,,our Def is a mess ,,,,our Def line has serious issues I don't feel we have any Linebackers let alone an edge rusher, I said how I feel about Lee ,,,and our Secondary aint so hot,,they will over pay Calirbourne if they have not already and the guy will miss games he always does and he's the best guy back there,,,,so I think Denver is in better shape than us but that aint sayin much as so many teams are in better shape than us,,,,,but I guess once Free agency is over and the draft is done and the season starts we will see which teams are good and which are bad,,,,,in keeping with the thread the Jets are dumping players, too bad they don't have more of them worth keeping

14. TonyFtLaud

I can totally understand being disappointed in the Jets, I'd be concerned if you weren't. I'm beyond disappointed honestly.
    I get Elway won 2 Super Bowls as a player and 1 as GM, but That team was built by Xanders. Elway has been terrible at drafting and has been as bad, in fact worse than Mac at finding a QB. With all the Money and picks Elway has spent on the QB position, he's getting rid of 2 of his best players to try and free up cap space to sign Cousin's. Osweiler twice , Simian , trading up for Lynch. Talib (4 pro bowls) Anderson, last year rushed for over 1000 yards, first time Denver's had a 1000 yard rusher in a while.
    Denvers Recievers we're good, a few years ago, not any more. As much of an ass as Robby Anderson is, He out performed Thomas and Sanders. I know you won't believe it but Anderson scored as many TDs alone as both of them combined in 2017. Q is better than Anderson. So just those 2 alone are better than Denver's Recievers and are both young.
    Sanders was being shopped at the end of last season , he has said he wanted out of Denver. Elway wasn't going to pick up Thomas's option for 2018, he still hasn't so he may be waiting to see if he can land Cousins before doing so.He will have a good idea once the combine starts.
    Denver o line, D line ,TEs RBs , DBs all need to be overhauled.
    Von Miller is old but still playing great, but can you build a team around a 30 year old OLB who is making starting QB money( $22,400,000 cap for 18, just under $30 mill dead money if released) .
    I am a bit of a Broncos fan, have been since my Time Stationed in the Pacific Northwest and I see the situation for what it is.
    The grass really isn't always greener.
    Now if Jax could get out of the $19 million owed Bortles, that would be the place for him to choose.

15. LF911SC

Again, you keep saying Cousins would win in Denver and not with the Jets. You've dreamt up a Denver team that didnt go 5-11. They're ready to win? They're older than it's, going in the wrong direction with a mess at QB but you trust Elway to magically make it better? And you, again envy their situation, one where everyone says isn't as good as the Jets.

And no, the major pieces of that team were in place when Elway took over.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Sometimes you guys are so fucking annoying with your thread hijacks. Enough broncos talk. Jfc

FJF likes this.
  17. LF911SC

Lol, right?

Want the examples of teams who tanked and used that tank to get good. Always reminds me of being at GS, Jets - Raiders and everyone screaming for the Jets to tank so they could get the top pick and get the once in a lifetime Reggie Bush. Or all those that were pissed that we didn't talk for Mariota.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think the Giants really went in tank mode and that's why they placed Richburg on season ending IR. End of December Richburg claimed he was medically cleared weeks earlier. Surprised the league isn't looking into that.

I still think he might be worth it on a reasonably inexpensive contract.

As far as Carolina tagging Norwell, at about $14.5M it would be a steep price to pay to keep him. They need to make other moves and after the $14.5M they would be left with about $5.8M on the cap. I think they'll try to sign him long term but don't think they'll use the tag on him.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Tanking helped the Colts go from Manning to Luck.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Won two SBs for his team as a player and one as a coach after bringing Payton Manning in to lead the team. Also brought a ton of free agent talent as legit SB contenders.

HomeoftheJets likes this.