Jets start dumping players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 19, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Exactly, you're making my point. Who thinks that a player who blew his knee out in his first camp is the fault of being a bad draft pick? Who blames the GM for an injury? Why is it relevant to what kind of GM he is, unless he had a history in college ala Milliner?

What does Hackenberg have to do with my post, which was a reply on DSmith and a rookie pick? Can you actually piece together an argument on point? Find me one post, one, where I said one thing about keeping the Hack Dream alive. How about one post where I even mentioned his name, disused Hack? Instead of being polite, just read since you don't know me or who I like or don't like.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I don't want either one of them here making any further decisions for this franchise, but since they're here, I'm hoping for the best and a franchise QB will mask a lot of issues. Here's hoping.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Stay focus. You replied to my post. I don't have the time to go read all your nonsense nor do I want to. The point was draft picks and when are they going to produce. Smith hasn't and Hackenberg hasn't either both of those are Macc picks. The top picks played last year at least but the rest the Jets got no production. They are still waiting on Mauldin and people are down on Williams now. But there have been picks that could have helped us at critical spots like QB that Macc also snoozed on. Players like Watson and Mahomes. Instead we are developing 38 year old QB's.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No one was taking Watson or Mahomes at 6, especially after the best safety in the draft slid. You can pretend like you wanted it all along, but you're lying to everyone and yourself. The Watson/Mahomes myth is one of the lamest, laziest criticisms of Macc that exists.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

that's fair, see what happens you may not like them, but they can improve. When you know what you have in a QB, things can get a little easier IMO. I am not a huge fan of Mac either, I think his idea of a QB is very spotty.

6. LF911SC

Youre just going to keep spinning in circles, just refusing to back up what came out of your mouth. You made the Hack comment, to me, accusing me but now youre going to tell me you dont have the time to look through my posts ? LOL, what are you talking about? Do YOU even know? If youre going to put words in my mouth back it up

So your stance is that its nonsense to not pass blame over a career threatening injury and just blame the GM for picking him? The you want to call anything anyone writes nonsense? The GM is not to blame , unless you just dont like the GM and are looking for nonsense to blame him for.

Mahomes? LOL, what did we miss out on. He was pegged by most to be a 2nd round pick and now he was a missed option at 6. Interesting Anyone who now has an issue with Williams just doesnt understand the game and what they are watching.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO it only makes sense if Mac signs or drafts an LT. Neither Shell nor Qvale are capable of playing LT.

8. NCJetsfan

I can both see him getting cut and staying. I think it makes more sense for him to go. He's been very good for the Jets, but the Jets switched from a man style blocking scheme to a zone scheme, and Carpenter's play fell off this past season, and he struggled in that scheme in Seattle. Most likely, he won't have the same effectiveness that he did in 2015 & 2016, so it's better to move on.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you have more spins you get lucky more often.

HomeoftheJets and Sam Hammer like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

That is certainly a fair point. Given that he struggled in that system in Seattle and said when he signed with the Jets that he didn't like the zone blocking scheme and was happy to sign with the Jets due to their man scheme, I'd think that Carpenter himself won't want to remain a Jet. If Carpenter is willing to stay, I think the OL coach(es) will have to make the determination if Carpenter's play fell off due to the hole at center or due to Carpenter's not being a good fit in the scheme, or both, and then decide on the best course for the Jets.

11. NCJetsfan

I would definitely hold onto Carpenter until the Jets either sign a FA OG, the draft, and perhaps even through TC. As I've stated before, Nelson looks like a great prospect, but imo drafting an OG in the top 10 is a huge mistake. The Jets could make the same impact on the OL by trading down and taking the huge RT from Oklahoma (Orlando Brown) who is a road grader. He'd be a big upgrade from Shell. Shell could possibly move inside to play RG or LG.

Ideally, I'd love to see the Jets sign the Panthers' FA Norwell to play LG, then also sign both a FA C and RT as their new starters. There are a number of potential FAs who are in the 24-26 age range and who are quality players. What I don't know is if those players excel in a man or zone scheme, but have to assume that there would be some who play well in a zone scheme. That would definitely upgrade/improve the play of the OL overnight.

12. NCJetsfan

While this is true, it can also bite you in the butt. A prime example is the Parcells draft in 1997 where Parcells passed up two HOF LTs (Orlando Pace and Walter Jones) and wound up drafting the immortal James Farrior, who was only fair with the Jets, and didn't become a really good player until he went to the Steelers. Even then, he couldn't touch either Pace or Jones.

13. NCJetsfan

With other teams, perhaps, but not with the Jets. With the Jets, more spins just equals more misses.

Bellows1 and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There have been serious issues with the Jets talent evaluation processes since Eric Mangini left town. I'm pretty sure that Mangini was the best talent evaluator the Jets have had since Parcells left town.

15. boozer32

So what have you been right on? What exactly have the Jets, meaning Bowles and Macc goten right in these 3 years. I mean the bottom line is wins and losses, playoffs, not getting close and oh they played hard. What exactly have they knocked it out of the park and gave you hope for the future. So now regarding Mahomes you used the thought to be drafted in the 2nd round excuse. Yeah that's real scientific and logical. Doesn't matter where he was thought to go. They thought enough of him to take him and develop him...imagine that. A lost art in JetLand. GM's get blamed/credit all the time how else do they get evaluated. Unless you own the team like Al Davis and Jerry Jones.

16. LF911SC

I'm right in you can't keep on topick, jump from one mistake to another, ignoring what you post along the way?

What does any of this have to do with whether the GM should be blamed for a draft pick having a career ending knee injury in his first camp?

You're flailing with Mahomes. Hey blame everyone who passed on Brady 5 or 6 times. He should have been the overall number 1. Again you're talking as if Mahomes is anything at this point. And yes, it's totally logical that a guy who was a 2nd round projection wasn't taken at 6th overall. Because it's stupid to overdraft, doesn't change. But hey, you've got it, he has been developed. A lost art here. Pure and utter nonsense, starting with he nothing yet and ending with a coaching staff that has a long history of not developing QBs. Imagine if they did?

17. boozer32

Best safety in the draft doesn't mean best fit for the Jets. They should have been taking back to back QB's Does it matter where you take a guy if he produces for you. How much bang for the buck did the Packers get by taking Aaron Rodgers. Don't you think every GM would take Rodger much higher now. The Jets needed a QB did they not? Yet they passed on two of them. Your thinking is ancient and exactly like the Jets. Macc blew it taking Hack and continues to blow it by not addressing that mistake. Now you guys think Cousins is coming to the recuse. Even if he signs which I hope he doesn't.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There is no one, and I repeat no one, who was taking Watson at 6 and even less than no one was taking Mahomes at 6. You're also ready to pencil in Mahomes as a stud and he hasn't done a damn thing in the league yet. Why are you comparing Rodgers who was taken 24th to our 6th pick? Bad comparison by you.

Jetphan73 likes this.
  19. boozer32

LOL you make no sense. But hey keep using that new word you learned nonsense. You are just going in circles without any logic. Let it go clown. Neither of us are draft gurus all you can go off is production. We have at this moment no QB that can run out there on Sunday. The Cheifs thought enough of Mahomes to 1) draft him 2) play him 3) trade a pretty productive starting QB away. That is progression and all after playing him 1 game. So that one game showed them more than our 2 QB's. One of which hasn't played a game at all. That as a fan would have gave something to look forward from the Jets. Build around this guy and use that 100 million free agent money to surround him with some proven talent to help him out. Right now the Jets aren't even close to that.

20. boozer32

Its all about needs Mo. Did we need back to back safeties? Did we need a QB? If you can't answer that honestly then just forget about it. Its a waste of bandwidth to reply. So don't. Watson was there also at 6. Coming off a college championship beating Alabama. He looked pretty spectacular. In fact he threw more TD's than any rookie QB in just 10 games. Yeah we couldn't use any of that around here. What you should have said was there was no one and I repeat no one that thought Macc or the Jets would ever go offense in the first round. It'll be the same exact thing this year.