Jets start dumping players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 19, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

McClendon ranked higher than Snacks in a lot of PFF categories if I'm not mistaken. I don't take PFF as the bible in any way shape or form, but it says something.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they grab Norwell for LG and Richburg at C that would go a long way to fixing the line. Norwell is going to get a big contract but I think Richburg's contract will be more reasonable. Or Norwell and Billy Price in the 2nd. Round 3 they could look at RT to compete with Shell. I think Winters once healed up is a good enough for the short term if the players around him aren't playing like crap, with Wesley gone that is a big step in the right direction..

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Statistically, the more picks you have the better the chance of hitting on one of them. It's like if you spin the wheel of destiny and have a 1 in 20 chance to win. The more times you spin it the more likely you will hit. Even if Macc is as bad as you think, you still increase your chances. Everybody ranks players and thinks they know who is better, but you never actually know until they have played a few years at the NFL level.

#43 Sam Hammer, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Br4d likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I guess it's not a big surprise considering the shit show that the giants were this year.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

McLendon definitely needed to be back. He's known as a great locker room guy and leader. Snacks had a down year in that dumpster fire and is starting to get old himself

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you said when it applies to other teams. Statistically Macc has been a disater.

7. boozer32

Yeah whatever Bowels homer.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  8. boozer32

Or we can take your approach and just plan on being awful each and every year. Sorry but some people want better result and expect the team to get better. Just because they show up and dress to play on Sunday does not make a season. You sure have the right team if that is your ideal team. Others want something else.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

With your approach, no coach would last more than 2 years. We do have a difference, I want to win and you want to tank every year.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

This is nonsense. Have you ever taken a statistics course? If you have a 1 in 20 chance on your original spin you ALWAYS have a 1 in 20 chance. It's just like flipping a coin. If you flip a coin and you get heads 25 times in a row. What are your chances to get Tails the very next time? It's ALWAYS 50:50.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. boozer32

Another lie. I wanted to tank in 2017. 2 years is long enough to evaluate whether a coach has the pulse of the team or more importantly a clue. This is not a training ground for stupid coaches like Bowels. He should have never been hired in the first place let alone dragged along for 4 years. Then you double down with an equally incompetent GM. They should have taken this act on the road to Vegas because only the Jets can get two numbskulls at the same time to run the team into the ground. That takes a special skill for sure. You try being extremely horrible at your job and see how long you last.

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yes, Bowles' defenses have been the apple of our eyes and he surely has had zero say as to who the QB has been the past three years.;)

#52 MurrellMartin, Feb 21, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

One word.....Idzik

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

3 years is the standard, not 2. Oh, has the pulse of the team? Look at whose contradicting himself?

For 2 out of the 3 seasons, Bowles teams have come prepared to play. This past season, with a lack of talent they were in virtually every game, a QB like Cousins would have put the Jets in the playoffs. Conservative coach or not, that is the main responsibility of the coach. To get the team ready to play. All that name calling you are resorting to bores me.

BudJet and FJF like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

Rookie safeties have played well. Lee has gotten better. I think the defense will be much better next year, given they address the pass-rusher position.

All that other talk, you should perhaps blame that on Mac, at the end of the day he is the one that makes the final call. Regardless, this coaching staff 2 career years out of journeymen QBs.

16. boozer32

I stopped reading after Bowels had the team playing 2 out of 3 seasons. That is hilarious. Well, 3 out of 3 season we never made the playoffs. I guess prepared is the new standard LOL. It keeps getting lower and lower and lower and lower. Pretty soon it will be they parked their cars correctly before the game.

#56 boozer32, Feb 21, 2018
    Sec124DieHard likes this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Why does it make a difference in regards to QB that he had something to say about the position?

18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You never quite come up with a football reply do you? Especially one that makes any sense on seemingly any level.

What does your lame attempt to insult me over Bowles have to do with calling a injured player a bust or giving a 2017 draft pick a little more time?

If you're going to give it the "whatever" flip off, do it when it doesn't make you sound clueless.

19. 101GangGreen101

His 2nd season was bad, can't dispute that, but I like what I saw the other seasons. More Bowles talk and not enough Mac talk in terms of personnel.

Nothing you are saying here is remotely related to football, but troll on, make your fire Bowles topics.

20. boozer32

Time like Devin Smith? Time like Hackenberg? We have tons of time without results. But you go ahead and keep hope alive. I'm way passed that and its really getting old ya know. Sorry if you are upset maybe I should be a little more polite as i don't know you.