Jets Should Trade Out Of The Second

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 28, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Their horrid history in the 2nd round screams out for it. Trade the 2 for two 3's. Psychologically it would calm the fans and help Maccagnan out since he hasn't been good in that round either.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I had a dream they chose Kizer at 39 :eek:

Please let Cook slip passed GB to the Jets!

TonyFtLaud and boozer32 like this.
  3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Yes give up player talent because of fear...wonderful idea jack ass...

We have 3 picks today. The idea with a draft this deep at CB, RB and TE is to squire as many picks in the 2nd round as possible. I would argue that we should try and trade our two 3rds to get back into the middle of the 2nd round if there is a player we covet.

NYJETS4life24 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. boozer32

Macc couldn't find talent if his life depended on it. If the talent is as good as you say then it will be there in the 3rd without the whiff in the 2nd. They don't have enough ammo to trade back into the second. Their chance to do that was yesterday.

5. boozer32

Cook has character issues and Macc is scared of those type and probably Bowles too. He couldn't deal with the issues last year with Marshall and Richardson. Kizer will probably go before the Jets pick teams are already calling the top of the 2nd players to get a trade done for him.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Come on. You must be upset by the Adams pick.
    By your logic we should just trade out of the draft completely.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The last thing they should do is trade out of the second. We are going to get a first round talent guy with our second round pick.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Trade the 39 down some, pick up a 4th. Make 3 picks tonight and then 4 in the 4th through 7th. That's the best way to maximize value in this draft. 8 picks would be a nice haul and the Jets will get somebody good on the 2nd and at 70 for sure. There are so many good prospects still out there. Maybe try to stay in the top 50 with the trade down.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

Who gives a sh*t what the fans think? This paranoid brain dead fanbase has no clue what to do either. Past second round picks have absolutely nothing to do with this year. NOTHING. There's a boatload of starting caliber players available and we are guaranteed to get at least one of them just by staying put.

HomeoftheJets and Br4d like this.
  10. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

when you have a great qb you can play more into the quantity game of nfl picks - because a Brady, Wilson, Rodgers type qb can elevate avg. talent (let alone other quality talent), and the quantity supports depth and removes potential for glaring holes for when injury occurs...
    But elite players are tough to come by after the 1st round - typically a small portion of 1st level talent will carry into the top half of the 2nd round.

It'd be nice to get 3-4 pro bowl type players from a draft...5 potential starters...but truthfully, 2 pro bowl level talents is a truly good draft and about as much as you could ask for-

Even with Hackenberg, last year's draft class had a ton of snaps (especially if you add in the UDFAs) from 3rd-7th round...which had a bit to do with how bad the roster had become, but snaps are what some teams can hope for in a quantity approach - but getting difference makers within that type of style is tougher.

This draft does seem 10-15 picks deeper than usual, so a smaller trade down is manageable - but getting a Top Quality player at 39 is what I'd value more than getting an additional 2 contributors within the 3rd round (in addition to the 2 I'd hope we already get).

Its case by case...and Qbs (And Coaching) can make things look much better... but there is a balance to it - there are trades up that have worked or been awful, same as trading down, and same as staying put - it's a balance...I find it difficult to take a hard opinion even though I follow these types of things very closely - but I am always skeptical of the more common fan 'saying' of, ideally I'd love to trade down and hit on every single pick, where the chances become even tougher to do so (for a franchise that may be picking high due to previous poor evaluations in talent...)

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It really depends on who is on the board. This dumbass team loves BPA in the 1st, but they love reaching in the 2nd even more. Nearly every 2nd round pick of the last 10 years has been a reach.

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Either Mac "wont find a partner" to do this or he hasn't the stones

I am all in for quantity...especially considering the roster is bare bones

13. NYJetsO12

boozer32 likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

Hey Just got an alert that Pryor on the trade block

boozer32 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. boozer32

Yeah not thrilled with the first pick. But nowhere do I say trade out of the draft. That was George Allen M.O when he was the Redskins coach. Thought taking some kid out of college was a waste. He prefered veterans.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

I was trying to cheer you up.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

Guess the Packers didn't want Sheldon

18. NYJetsO12

No both SR and Calvin P are on the block

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Until now I thought this thread was stupid.

Then I saw our second round pick.

Please teach me oh wise one.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32

Will take a block of bologna for him. Hey Macc don't you think you should have traded Pryor before you draft his replacement(s)?