Jets releasing Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 20, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

he had two TD's all season big whoopee doo's, oh how we will miss those red zone efforts from the big man, it isn't much of a threat is it

So like I have asked and asked just who would you have cut to put some live WR's on the field when we had our entire corp out injured?

We seem to understand that it was a gamble but think we should have kept him while injured, so please please tell me who you would have binned to make space for new WR bodies for the last two games.

Nobody on here thinks it was normal to cut him for two weeks, so stop pretending someone did, it is foolish. :rolleyes:

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Again, it doesn't really matter what you think of him... the FACT is that he was the best red zone player on a team ranked 32nd in red zone efficiency. How do you make the worst team worse? Well...

Neville Hewitt, ILB, 0 snaps played in weeks
    Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, hasn't been healthy in weeks

I'd say Terrance Brooks or Justin Burris but I understand keeping those guys when you have DBs dropping like flies.

Well considering more than one people are responding with "HE WAS HURT MAN WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT" you'd think that it's a pretty normal thing to cut a guy who has a 2-week injury.

94Abraham and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. K'OB

Well it is hardly the same as saying it is normal is it, plus the added fact that all the other WR's were walking wounded.

Thank you for the answer on the two players, took some getting out of you but yes they look better choices at being cut.

I still think Herndon is the top RZ target and with 3 TD's but hey I could be wrong

http://nflsavant.com/targets.php?ddlTeam=NYJ&ddlYear=2018&week=&rz=redzone&ddlPosition=

The what don't you understand comment comes about due to your evasiveness and repetitive replies, people only react to what they read, if you named the players earlier it could well have been a different conversation, without all the sensationalism.

Now we have to look at the possibility there were other factors at play.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

Elementary my dear Watson.... the bloke was a ginormus A-hole

Brook!, Cman68 and FJF like this.
  5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    He did the same thing when he ran routes.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This was literally the reason.

K'OB likes this.
  7. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Why couldn't we just cut Eric Tomlinson, he is borderline useless and wouldn't have been a threat to be picked up by another team like Pryor was. Tomlinson would have sat on the waivers for his whole life most likely. If you can't survive without a mediocre blocking tight end then you don't deserve to be an NFL team. Herndon or Legget can block well enough that it's not the biggest drop off in the world. We didn't need to keep what was at the time 4 tight ends when you include the now injured sterling.

Blocking tight ends are a dime a dozen and you can always scoop one off the scrap heap . You can't always scoop a Pryor so cutting him right when he is showing some chemistry with Sam and you need wr weapons is retarded and quite honsestly a fireable offense.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

We got our asses kicked by the Bears up front with Tomlinson. It's a jail brake without him. Powell being out compounds it...badly.

Is Robby coming back this week? :mad:

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Everyone is Missing the fact that Mac could have resigned Pryor and chose not to. It's not like the Bills stole him out from under the Jets.

jetophile, FJF, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I suspect it is more than being injured and more that they didn't like his personality. His salary was already guaranteed so it was not about money. From a football standpoint he will help the team over the rest of the year a lot more than any replacement. Yes, the Jets were short on bodies at cb and safety but they could have found room for Pryor. It simply had to be personality. His former Redskin teammates hated him and it's possible he had similar issues here.

#150 Noam, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Harpua, jetophile, TonyFtLaud and 2 others like this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same. I have a buddy who works for the Browns and he even said back then he wasn't well liked.

Noam likes this.
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, you can ball so much you cost the Jets a TD when f'd up your route and didn't make a play for the ball in the EZ. I was under used! Shut up, dude. Good luck, glad you're not bitter (Pryor probably goes on to catching 85 TDs in the two Jets/Bills match ups). Seriously though, why can't players just zip it once in a while? It's tiresome.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Likely going to be catching passes from Matt Barkley....

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If he was injured the Jets could not have cut him, they would have needed to work out an injury settlement and being his contract was fully guaranteed I'm sure the settlement would have been the entire contract amount.
    Getting rid of a vet who is not giving 100% on a team with a lot of younger players is probably one reason the move was made. Not sure if he had offset language in his contract but if he actually signed with the Bills it may put $1-$2M back on the cap for the Jets.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm kind of shocked he didn't wind up with the Patriots. I just assumed he'd be throwing an important trick play touchdown pass for them in the AFC title game.

17. K'OB

Small edit

TonyFtLaud and Harpua like this.
  18. K'OB

Ah well, that's one unhappy dream tha isn't coming true.
    Better luck next time.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Actually he couldn't; since he was cut because of injury he couldn't be re-signed by the Jets for another two weeks.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/foot...-can-t-figure-out-why-jets-cut-him-1.22700565

Either (1) the Jets doctors completely misdiagnosed the injury, (2) the Jets felt they needed to fill the spot and didn't want to cut someone else, and/or (3) the Jets were happy to dump him because they didn't want him on the team any more. No idea which.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Eh, jets aren’t stacked with WR talent with or without Pryor. Right now I’d rather have him then not, but it is what it is.

Just hope he doesn’t make us pay when we play the Bills. That’s what would happen in typical Jets fashion.