Jets releasing Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is the only post that matters

Read it and close the thread

Thanks for stopping by

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well fair enough lol you can change it 4/5 now then it seems :p

I never included Peake as I thought he was still injured.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. K'OB

Life might be easier for you if you found a new team.

1- yawn same old same old
    2- yawn which GM hasn't
    3- yawn, is it because he is FAT ?
    4- you must be the only person on this board unhappy with McCown's role this season

LF911SC likes this.
  4. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Just for the heck of asking, maybe in practice the coaches saw enough of Burnett to believe he was good enough to make Pryor expendable, and if he wasn't elevated soon, some other team could steal him off our PS like Denver just did with Nico Falah? I know the team brought in a couple of guys, but it looks like it was just kicking tires now.
    Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I did just stash Burnett on my fantasy team.

LF911SC and K'OB like this.
  5. K'OB

Same but in a 20 man team league, it sounded a good idea when I joined but there is literally nobody around for bye weeks, you are dependent on guys getting 2 catches for 14 yards and considering that a huge bonus lol

6. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

They didn’t add him to the team like a free agent 24 hrs before the game. He’s been on the team and practicing all year. They just activated him after seeing thatPryors injury didn’t improve during the week and maybe after seeing him practice well with more reps this week

LF911SC likes this.
  7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Supposedly he had a bad day when he was officially timed in the 40, that he was hurt and his actual times are better, more like a 4.5 guy. Said that while he isnt blazing fast hes quick.

8. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Which part?

9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

K’OB, for better or worse these are my guys.. Maybe in my next life I’ll come back as a Browns fan, and not have to worry about winning.

1&2 were evidence of being off in judgement, I’m part of a large group of folks that think he hasn’t done a great job drafting (outside of the gimmes) which was supposed to be his forte.

3 isn’t based on him being fat, most lineman are, it’s based on him being the 2ndbest lineman on the team.

4, so it looks like you’re on board with my Bates points. Regarding McCown’s role I think it’s the one he should be in, backup, so I’m technically fine with it on the surface. Is it one he’s suited for or shown great aptitude for? Well let’s look at the evidence, prior to coming here he had, “mentored” several different QB’s-
    JaMarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, Mike Glennon, and John Beck. He has since acquired Hack and Petty. Not a good look, on the surface.

That said Darnold looks good so far, but it’s tough to pin point exactly where McCown’s tutelage comes in. “Would Sam have done this if McCown was here? Would he have done that if he wasn’t?” The premise behind that point was to direct your attention to the fact that we entrusted the development of a young and relatively inexperienced QB, who we are betting the farm on, to an OC who hasn’t been in the league in quite some time, and a mentor who ain’t got no sterling track record. Iffy judgement, and if he washes out I’m sure you’ll point to this as partially why, but so far I’m eating my hat.

10. LF911SC

Actually hes a total jag. He has all of 14 catches over 12 games. Braylon like? OK. He had 4 catches in the Fin game and then went for 1 catch, 0 catches and 1 catch. Braylon like? When? He had 5 catches against the Colts when Enunwa went down and there werent options. But Braylon like? No chance. Hes responsible for 1 of Darnolds INTs because he was too lazy or stupid to go all out on a pass in the EZ and probably cost us a TD in a game we lost by 9. Its been reported by SNY that he was unhappy because he doesnt like the way he was used, wants to be the nnumber 1, thought he would be.

Theres a reason why hes been thrown away by the Raiders, Browns, Skins and now the Jets. Mistakes arent usually made by 4 teams when it comes to players like this.

1. Took a chance on a QB. Big deal, was a shot in the dark that didnt work.
    2. Hasnt missed on a million picks.
    3. Dumb point, claiming a prediction that youre clueless about and talking out of nowhere over and selling it as a negative. Brilliant
    4. This is the most ridiculous, pointless criticism ever. You have a problem with McCown? Basically the whole world disagrees with you. The way Darnold has progressed makes this comment that much more puzzling. Also Bates is part of the team thats developing Darnold, not getting why youre whining about his resume when its working at least as well as anyone could have asked for. You should really get his resume down if youre going to whine about it while youre at it.

11. LF911SC

Nice to turn McCown into a lifelong mentor, criticize him for Russell and Manziel, 2 who would have failed no matter who their teammates were. This is more important to you than the job that is unfolding right before your eyes. Vey astute.

Bates was part of the Shanahan offense, was extremely productive with Cutler and the same offense that was so productive in Atlanta. But hey, he sucks too. Damn how Darnold is doing with these two

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said. OP regurgitating some generic BS, like gazillion picks, OC blah blah blah, there was zero substance in his post. Fact is it was a necessary move, with some risk, because of the number of injuries. What was the alternative? go wth two receivers and a kick returner. Before we shit all over the UFA rookie, let's give him a chance. Pryor was valuable but by no means indispensable in the longer term plans.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

IDK, with the suddenness of how out of the blue he was dumped, it appears to me, that maybe his shitty attitude started bubbling to the surface and they decided he wasn't worth the headache.

But I'm not a psychologist.

K'OB likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We are idiots. Nice job Macc.

94Abraham and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shuffle off to Buffalo...:confused:

16. BroadwayAaron

I don't even care that it's Buffalo. I care that it's someone we had under contract that our rookie QB had chemistry with that we cut so we could bring on Deontay god damn Burnett for two weeks. It was a bad decision at the time, even worse if he ends up signing elsewhere.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. If Enunwa & Anderson dont stay healthy this WR corps is quickly giving the OL a run for its money for weakest unit on team.

Dont understand how a team that lacks skill talent every year & doesnt scout it well can be so quick to disgard a player who was productive.I wanna think better of it but i keep thinking this goes back to Pryor pissing Bowles off w his injury comments over the summer.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bills have offered him a contract apparently.

19. BroadwayAaron

Because they are a team with a rookie QB that needs all the help he can get. What a concept.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Think about it: the WR saviors are an UDFA and a 7th rounder.