Jets rebuild is ahead of schedule...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 23, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You know down here in DE there are a lot of PA residents who work here or moved here...they all love Penn State

To every man and women I speak to they unanimously believed Hackenberg was a terrible QB

Why is it that every pedestrian opinion on C Hack ain't good but Mac falls hook line and sinker SMH??? He and Petty are smart / good kids but they got college degrees to fall back on

When the time comes he won't blow a J Rosen Darnold Mayfield or L Faulk decision imo

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF you want to rebuild and get rid of veterans and high priced guys and make CAP room and for young guys to play and see what you got, IM ALL IN . That said if you think getting rid of all the guys we did in the summer and starting Mccown is in ANY WAY going to help you then Im not onboard with the rebuild because you are half assing it ! Did we learn anything from starting Fitz ? Oh thats right we are the Jets organization and rarely learn from our mistake .IF you actually want to go into 2018 with the same exact questions you had in 2017 especially at the QB position, then I have to ask wtf ? Do you guys really want to go in 2018 not knowing what we have sitting on our bench already on our roster ? That goes for every position not just Petty n Hackenburg. I think its great that some of the young guys are gaining experience and playing time but if you believe that playing Mccown or Forte and not the kids is the way to see what you have or rebuild I disagree. If you are going to give some kids experience why not all ?

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

So with all the "agree to disagree" on which is correct, Playing Mccown or the young guys,

How many of you think exploring signing a vet like Cousins is a viable option this off-season? He will only be 29 (i think)

I'm not a huge Cousins guy but just throwing it out there as a possibility

4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I'd be ok with it if we had the talent in place to justify the expenditure - quite frankly there are a lot of holes in this team. I'd rather go the cheap route on a draft pick qb while building up around him.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No way. The Jets need to stick to the rebuild and not try to take any short cuts. They shouldn't be playing McCown now. I am totally opposed to signing Cousins or any other FA QB older than 25.

6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'm simply not a believer in Cousins, myself. As the season progresses, it seems that we are not going to wind up with a QB in this draft though. We'd have to get lucky with a 2nd tier 2nd rd QB like the Raiders did with Carr.

And we all know how lucky the Jets have been in round 2.....or drafting QBs........

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Stuff of legend...

8. Wake me up in 5 years..odds are only the names have changed & it’s still the same bullshit w the same spoiled douchebag patriot fans rubbing it in our faces..In which case I’ll pop 2 ambien & sleep for another decade or so

dcinct and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And this is exactly the problem. The personnel decisions don’t coincide with an edict of win at all costs that is being rationalized as the defense of playing McCown.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We may not wind up with a QB in the 2018 draft. From the looks of things, that draft class isn't nearly as good or deep at QB as was once thought (at least by fans and the media). We may have to roll with Petty and Hack next season. If that's the case, then I'd want the Jets to come out of the draft at a minimum with a very good RB prospect, a couple of really good OL prospects, another QB prospect, a quality pass rushing prospect,and a PR/KOR that would put some fear in opposing teams' STs Coordinators.

Barkley, a stud pass rusher, the best LT prospect, or the best true #1 WR type in the 1st round would be a great start.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No to signing Cousins (or Garappolo). I prefer getting a new GM/HC that know how to find good offensive talent and let them actually build a winning franchise for one fucking time.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

This is the best Plan B we can hope for.

As an aside, and beating a dead horse, this is why I wanted them to take Mahomes or Watson in the last draft even as everyone was saying "Wait until 2018! That will be the best QB draft in decades!" Yeah, maybe not so much. If we can get Rosen, then maybe, but all the rest have big question marks next to them, and would be riskier than either Mahomes or Watson were.

13. JetBlue

With UCLA irrelevant in college football Rosen could potentially drop.

But we have a GM who reached for Hack and passed on Watson, so his ability to evaluate QB’s is already suspect.

14. ColoradoContrails

I fully agree: Rosen COULD drop; Macc could still fuck that up.

15. Cman68

Maybe a GM that is planning for the future and a HC that is coaching for today could be a problem? I wonder if they are truly on the same page.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. JetBlue

If they aren’t that’s on the GM.

Edit: I take that back. it would be on whoever is in charge of the entire team.

Who is in charge of this shit show?

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

The sturdy base of a rebuild is a franchise qb. They are no where near one. So rebuild is behind schedule. They should have one by now. About 50 years too late

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

people bashed O'Brien a lot for his QB evaluation, but he's only taken 1 QB in the first round and has taken 2 others late in drafts. People want to say draft a QB every year, but Texans just found a QB that can play in Houston.

I still say, I don't think Watson replicates this on the Jets. If we build a foundation, perhaps Jets can get their own QB next year.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

That Sir, is the $64K question. Perhaps Chris.. Maybe Woody in the shadows.. Highly doubtful Macc or Bowles are.

Maybe the team is on autopilot. This is what happens with no defined chain of command in place. It may work for the more established organizations, but it only manifest itself as confusion and contradictory agendas on the Jets.

Everybody can't be the boss. There has to be one person out front and in charge. This running the team by committee just isn't a good model for the Jets. When Parcells was in charge, there was no question who was the shot caller. If you didn't like the way things were run, you simply packed up and left. The Players knew... the coaches knew.. the media knew.. the fans knew. This is what a potential VP of Football Ops could do for the Jets.. Too bad we don't think in those terms.

#159 Cman68, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

ITT:

1) people who have never watched Kirk play and believe he isn't a FQB

2) people who do not understand the prime of a QB. being 29 gives you easily 5 great QB years

3) people who believe that the coaches do not watch practice and aren't starting Petty/Hackenberg for some crazy reason

4) mods letting people talk about baseball constantly in a football forum for some reason

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.