Dante Fowler, Jr traded to Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by macbk, Aug 21, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

May as well bump this thread. Go get Fowler! :D

#281 playtowinthegame, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Welp, I guess we roll with the guys we got. I'm fine with that. Just want to taste the playoffs, then take a huge step towards a championship next off-season.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Jaguars aren't trading him.

It's unfortunate for Jacksonville how they're in cap hell come 2019 being ranked 31st in available cap space and 32nd (dead last) come 2020 in available salary cap space; which is why they were forced to decline his 5th year option worth over $14 million dollars.

But they are considered as serious AFC Contenders heading into this year while coming off a great season but yet heartbreaking AFC Championship Game loss @ N.E while Dante Fowler Jr. recorded two impactful sacks of Tom Brady.

They will rather lose him for absolutely nothing come the offseason - rather than trading away a pass rushing talent in Fowler Jr. who not only led their defense in Forced Fumbles last year but also ranked 3rd in team sacks.

Trading away Fowler would cause locker room tension amongst the players while sending a bad message to the entire team heading into 2018. It just isn't happening. These guys want to win bad.

Come the offseason Fowler Jr. and another 4-5 serious pass rushing talents could be available and with our salary cap space I'd love to sign not one, but two of them.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Unlike Mack, I don’t want to part with picks for this guy. We have a ton of money, I don’t mind overpaying him, but I’d rather keep our picks as I am not 100% convinced he is “elite”.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Ugh.. i dont know if my PTSD can handle watching a completely non existent psss rush again..and this one could be all time bad

CBG, legler82, egelband and 1 other person like this.
  6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Jets cut Luvu, he looked like one of our better pass rushers in the pre-season.

Hau'oli Kikaha released by the Saints. He had 4 sacks in 2015 and 2017...would have led our team last year. :(

CBG likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Would definitely give up one of our third round picks for Fowler, but I'm not quite sure that is what Jacksonville is looking for unfortunately.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, "Win Now" teams are doing just that: trying to win now. No reason to trade Fowler if you are the Jags. Get what you can out of him while you attempt to make a Super Bowl run, then let him walk in the off-season. (Unless a team offers you something crazy)

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's got that St. Petersburg blood in him. Oozing confidence with that certain type of Florida swagger. Jamal Adams and Dante Fowler Jr. would bring so much excitement rocking Green & White.

You can't teach Florida speed. Something about this humidity. As a kid from Queens I was getting smoked by these Florida kids lightning quick blazing speed I was blown away.

Winky Wright, Jeff 'left hook' Lacy, Marreese Speights, Shaquill Griffin, Rayshawn Jenkins, Shaquem Griffin (special, special kid) etc and Dante Fowler is pound for pound the most freakishly talented kid that's came from this city and the highest pick out of St.Pete of All-Time; he's beloved down here and can do no wrong. And High School is big time down here within the entire Tampa Bay area.

We've seen him rise through the ranks from Lakewood High (a historic Florida school both footballl and basketball) then went on to dominate while at Florida as a Gator to the tune of top 5 NFL draft pick only to then overcome a rookie ACL injury and as only a 3rd year player (2nd year player) splashed onto the NFL scene and emerged with 10 sacks including two of Tom Brady during the AFC Championship Game; he rose to the occasion and has been a "failure" nowhere.

And this city has witnessed and followed his journey throughout; this kid is a special, special talent with freakish athleticism. But don't take my word for it, he's "just a Jag".

#289 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Jedi mind tricks and egelband like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

With that said I'd rather have a Dante Fowler Jr. and heaven forbid our 1st round pick on one of these highly rated outside/edge 2019 pass rushers and (also) our 2020 1st round pick for a potential Franchise Left Tackle in order to provide our Franchise hopeful Sam Darnold with a blind side protector to grow with long term.

I'm not sure about all of these Jet fans who were just gushing over a 27 year old OLB/DE but I'm not even an NFL GM and I can do a whole lot with two first round draft picks along with over $22(1/2) million dollars around a Franchise Signal-Caller.

Heck Maccagnan has proven he can take just .5 of a (1) mill (1/2) and turn it into a 3rd round draft pick.

2019: FA Pass Rusher / 1st round outside/edge pass rusher.

2020: Franchise LT.

I've suffered for long enough I want long term success.

Damn near everyone who verbally harassed me for saying hell no to Khalil Mack were also the same oneso who mocked me for wanting Le'Veon Bell to ignite our entire offensive attack. Guess you're criminal for wanting to actually build around, Sam Darnold. And your QB position.

Give me both of Le'Veon Bell as a top 1-3 HB and an emerging Dante Fowler Jr. for roughly $30M per along with two 1st round picks and wake me up in 4-5 years... :D

egelband likes this.
  11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Hit the QB but every time he did it was a personal foul. Practice squad

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That St.Pete blood and Florida swagger
    [​IMG]

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

We’re still talking about this asshole?

14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Jets need a pass rusher now. Not next year. The jets must agree because they were super aggressive with Mack and lost out. They reached out to Fowler and reached out to Denver about Shane Ray. Reaching out to three teams about pass rushers is no coincidence. That tells me Mac intends to get a pass rusher immediately. Something is gonna give here, I don't believe the Jets will just sit it out until next year.

Mr mittens and LAJet like this.
  15. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

We missed out on Mack. So I’m ready to over spend on flower. I would give our 2 3rds this year. and a 5th in following draft.or a 3rd this year and a 2nd next. We need a pass rusher this year and flower is young and a lot of talent. I don’t want to watch this year with no pass rush and qb having all day to find someone open. Corners can only cover so long.

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

To me the Jets aggression in obtaining a pass rusher at this point shows that they feel Darnold is progressing so rapidly and so ahead of schedule regarding the mental aspects of the game that they truly believe the window of opportunity to compete opens now. Notorious Jets hater Mike Francesa even alluded to the Jets being almost surprised and giddy at how good Darnold looked.

I think the Jets were probably fine with this being another developmental year and forego the pass rusher until 2019, only to realize....shit Darnold is special, our D basically didn't allow a preseason TD until game 4 on literally the last play of the entire preseason...this team as a whole is closer than we think...better get the pass rush going now because we can compete this year!

Overall I see this as a good sign

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You are insane, 2 3rds and a 5th or a 3rd and a 2nd next year? The 3rd that is latest in the round, whether it be the Jets or the one they got from NO should be as high as they should go and I am thinking that is still a little high. I would rather wait until next off season and not give up anything if the only other choice is over paying.

FJF, HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"The preseason doesn't matter". If that is true, then how the D looked in preseason can't matter either. In the end, you still have to score one more point than your opponent to win a football game and if you can't do that, it really doesn't matter how good your defense is.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Great post. 100% on the money.

The Jets are going to spend big in 2019 while Sam is under his rookie deal. At this point, I would avoid dropping picks on Fowler or anyone about to become an FA.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If and when the Lions take the opening drive down for a TD this all goes out the window