Jets @ Raiders Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

It's a gut feeling, but not so much a prediction. I predict that the Jets look awful, and the Raiders score 17 points off turnovers. The fantasy is in my gut.

#121 ChrebetCrunch, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Is Hack still the #2 this week?

3. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

For now he is. But the team needs to make a change if they go 0-2.

4. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I'm mildly optimistic. About not getting blown out, that is. If the defense doesn't allow 40 yard rushes, that is.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I could see the Raiders taking their foot off the gas in the second half. I think the Jets get dropped 31-13. It will probably be over by the half.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My guess is it will be over somewhere between "oh say" and "can you see"

Brook!, Red Menace, Jets69 and 4 others like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY want the Jets to get the #1 pick, but I can't root for them to lose, let alone get blown out, even though blow outs would contribute to getting rid of at least Bowles, if not also Macc. BUT...Despite all that, I hope even more that they respond to Bowles' criticisms and actually show they -and Bowles - can improve, and make this a close game, or - unthinkable! - even win.

I know this goes completely against logic, but in a tug of war between head and heart, my heart always seems to win.

But if they get to 0-4 and look like the shit they did last week, my head is going stomp the crap out of my heart.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If getting blown out puts another nail in Blowes' coffin? So be it.. If we can't win, might as well lose with a purpose..

KurtTheJetsFan, Brook! and CBG like this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I miss raiderjeaux

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Hope our defense knocks someone out, but at the same time they are ok the following week.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If the defensive scheme is the same as last week, I predict Williams will be at the 3T position all game, being unproductive, Ealy will get a couple of sacks.

Jenkins will do a good job of setting the edge but it won't make a difference once Lynch cuts it back to the inside, Davis and Lee will be out of position because of taking bad angles, they will turn and catch Lynch from behind though adding to their total tackles for the day giving them great stats for the game.

Skrine will do his best imitation of Kyle Wilson and just suck.

Claiborne will be called for holding and pass interference, and Burris will be playing so far back off the LOS that it will look like Revis was back.

Adams and Mayes will force a fumble or get and interception.

The offense, well Mcown gives them the best chance to win.....roll eyes.

Morton is still on a spiritual journey, I bet he will force deep pass plays in this game and Mcown will get hurt, and receivers will be running pass patterns 2 yards short of the first down markers.

Del Rio will exhibit good sportsmanship, if game gets out of hand, I bet he will simply run the ball, unlike Bellichick who would continue to score points against jets and try to humiliate them.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this is one of those games that shouldn't matter with respect to the future of the coach and GM. raiders are much better period and will win unless something bizarre happens......

its the next 2-3 games that will seal the deal for this team against opponents that are a bit closer in terms of talent. if we run to 0-5, no real surprise, but the torches and pitchforks can come out.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  13. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I have B. Powell in one fantasy league, J. Kearse in another. The game is on the tube here this afternoon, so I'll get to see how each plays against tougher D, and thus whether to hang onto them. I'm also optimistic I will. Regardless, I'm also happy to see them play. I don't get a lot of NYJ games out here, and I have to see for myself if they're as bad as many of the relentless bashers here describe them.

14. LarryAlRalph

I think it's important to see who comes out and competes, and who tries to just get out of Dodge without getting hurt.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why don't you watch the games on a stream btw ?

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It's one thing to offer an alternative. It's quite another to give a cup filled with poison.

17. K'OB

Hey if I'm gonna suffer then so should he :D

Zach and LarryAlRalph like this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I picked the Raiders in my suicide pool this week. I usually don't make picks involving the Jets, but this is the most lopsided match of the week. I really don't see how the Jets can pull off a win here. Road game on the west coast, Carr, Lynch and a good defensive front. It's not going to be pretty. Plus the Raiders just always seem to have our number. I don't we have beat them since 2009.

#138 Sam Hammer, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  19. LarryAlRalph

I've tried streaming with NHL and CBB, but it's way too frustrating with freeze-ups, enpixilation, grainy pic, etc.

20. K'OB

I struggled to find one last week but got a good one in the end, uk based but I do have a decent broadband speed.