Jets @ Raiders Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Rinse wash recyle

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Jets first donut game. 45-0 RAIDERRRRRS. Even when the Jets were good or halfway decent they always lost in Oakland. Plus those maniac fans and all that going. In the immortal words of Al Davis with a twist. Just Tank Baby!!! Get this garbage show over.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This game will be very similar to that game in N.E. late last season. Jets get humiliated, quit, Bowles just stands there and then kicks a 43 yard field goal with 30 seconds to go to make it 47-3

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree but Cat will kick 2 Fg's

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What about next year when Josh Rosen leads us into Oakland for the AFC Championship Game

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I just can't root for us to lose...

Lets go earn that 0-16 lmao

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not likely. We will probably have homefield advantage

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Now that it is Wednesday I am looking towards this game and trying to figure out how the Jets can stay in it. Here are a few:

1. Tackle Lynch.
    -He will be harder to bring down than McCoy. Sometimes it felt like the Jets did not want to tackle. Not a good sign vs. BEAST MODE.

2. Use Powell more.
    -Need to extend drives to keep the Raiders O off the field. Hopefully they realize Forte is worthless now. O-line needs to step up as clearly it was pathetic run blocking in Buffalo.

3. Kearse and Kerley learning more of the Offense
    -Kearse looked good Week 1. The Jets could use Kerley. Stewart did look good though too. He has a bright future. Robbie Anderson looked more like the #4 WR that he is than a #1 Week 1.

4. No turnovers from McCown/Force Turnovers on D.
    -He played pretty well Week 1, but need to play mistake free to have a chance in Oakland. On the other side, the Jets need to force some turnovers and give the offense better field position.

5. Ealy, Mo, and Williams need to get pressure on Carr
    -If not, he will TORCH the Jets.

If they do that, they can keep it close. Otherwise, could be the blowout I am worried it will be.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

On paper the Jets have no chance against the Raiders.

The Raiders D will be up in the box all game to stop the Jets run game and short passing game. Mack will tee off, I expect a big game from him.

The Raiders Offense is curious. Cooper, Crabtree, Beast mode and Cook are all good players but there is little in the way of quality depth behind them. For a team that is supposed to be a Super Bowl contender they are dangerously thin at the skill positions and you know somewhere over the course of the season these guys will miss time.

An injury to any of these guys (especially Lynch) makes this offense below average. If one of these players or Carr gets injured I give the Jets a punchers chance but if not the game will be decided by the half.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like how you mention "sometimes it felt like the Jets did not want to tackle" ... I agree .it has felt that way for awhile now, from late Rex-era throughout Bowles' time here. There is talent on this defense but they are playing uninspired. There is no swarming to the football. No physicality. Very few gang tackles. No enthusiasm.... what gives??

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK man you think we can score 13 points?

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't like seeing that. Terrible.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not true. . The Jets shoved a 38-0 doughnut down the Raiders' throat in the "Mark Sanchez hotdog game" . in Oakland.

14. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

But it's remembered for the hot dog, even when they won something strange always seems to happen when they play in Oakland. Not sad that this is the last game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This game won't be close,,,give the points,,, Im taking the Raiders in my knockout pool and look forward to Todd Bowels post game , when a reporter will ask a question and Todd replies " I have to look at the tape ",,,,,,,,1 down 15 to go!!!

boozer32 likes this.
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

..We getting Rosen?
    If we do, He's gonna sit for a year
    If we do, we'll find a way to fuck it up

Even if it all pans out.
    You think this is a 1 year fix?
    [​IMG]
    Sorry to burst that zit :p

17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If the Raiders absolutely bitch slap the Jets, and Bowles makes another coaching mistake, I think the calls for him to be fired will be much louder than they are now. It will be interesting to see how Mac will react to this.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Will they still be in Oakland, or will
    Why would it be interesting to see how Mac will react? Mac can't do anything about it. Bowles doesn't report to Mac, he's a peer with Mac. Bowles answers to only Woody.

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yes, so he has no allegiance to Bowles. Does he create distance between himself and Bowles? Even slightly so? If he does will that discredit him with the Johnsons?

If the defense with alot of 1's and 2's doesnt develop, is that on Mac or on Bowles? Right now they are unified. But as this season wears if the youth on defense dont develop that will shift.

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Macc and Bowles are tied at the hip IMO and I think the Adams/Maye pick were in correlation with Bowles needing two good safeties to operate his scheme. Calls for Bowles to get canned shouldn't be any louder this week because we know the Raiders are going to demolish the Jets.

Firing Bowles but allowing Macc another 3 years to hand pick his own HC is not right given the lack of success Macc has had in various facets of being a GM. Came in together, will have to leave together IMO