Jets @ Raiders Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 10, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

These guy's have given up already. They know Bowles is a worthless coach. They know Kacy Rodgers has no clue. They know the Jets are tanking and any competitor hates to lose. They know the talent level on the offensive side sucks. They know McCown couldn't win a game under the best conditions. They know Macc will never get the talent level to where it needs to be even if he were picking top 3 every year. They know the owner checked out on the team.

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zace had a post trying to compare Todd Bowles and Jason Garrett

LMAO I watched the Garrett brothers play for Columbia and Princeton and they were talented AND smart

Dude has a brain in his head

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I remember reading or hearing a story on air where Bowles had never wanted to coach at all and was convinced by Doug Williams that he would be good at it. Am I crazy or does anyone remember this?

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Was it Lee or Davis that got planted below the turf on that TD play?

I thought it was Davis but I could be mistaken.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Wtf are you talking about? Garrett was an unmitigated disaster his first 4 or so years as a coach. Go watch, and get back to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Jonathan_Vilma

It was Davis, but I'm sure Lee got planted too if he was in. He just wasn't in the camera shot.

James Hasty likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

I mean he was hardly a disaster at 29-27 in his first 56 games. Probably should've had better teams but I wouldn't call that a disaster.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. boozer32

So glad we took back to back safeties. This score could have been so much worst. How is Adams leadership helping the Jets now. Are those guy's gonna be two way players and play some offense? I like Marcus Maye and he showed up with 7 tackles. But we could have gotten someone else in the first round and still got a good safety in the second with Maye. Why on earth with the myriad of problems this team has they would take two safeties top of the draft.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

[​IMG]

We were trying to build this, defensive back style.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hey, Jets, maybe we can hang out sometime.

[​IMG]

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  11. boozer32

Yeah, we are still paying for that Star Wars missile defense lol. Oh and that other pipe dream the 600 ship Navy. Laughable then and laughable now.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Davis got planted at the line. Lee was driven 10 yards down the field like a little girl

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agree 1000%!

What kind of "genius" doesn't understand that without a pass rush, no matter who's in your secondary they're going to get burned? And yet, Macc doesn't draft a pass rusher!

At this point, if it were possible, I would forfeit the season and spend the rest of it finding the right people to actually rebuild this sorry team.

boozer32 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

As a coach he was a disaster and that team had talent. They should have more than they did. Please dont pull a record and use that as evidence, watch him.

I know plenty of diehard cowboys fans who wanted him gone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Well I guess in theory the premise was to generate pressure by blitzing just like Rex started doing nearly a decade ago. Only the NFL figured that out 6 years ago and quarterbacks are able to identify the hot receiver immediately and kill teams that rely on a blitz for pressure by throwing to the receiver in the flat.

We're still stuck in that mentality.

It's funny because all I heard when we signed Cromartie, Revis, Skrine and Gilchrist is fans saying "well that's what Bowles needs to runs his system." Oh, $50 million invested into the secondary is what he needs to run his system? Same with every other defense in the NFL. Funny, the Broncos have done it with an elite pass rusher and $20 million in cornerbacks.

Defensive gurus coach up their players to maximize their effort and disguise coverages. Overload blitzes are not some new novelty idea.

Let's go get our offensive coach, quarterback in the first, draft some offensive lineman in the second and third and close the book on this fucking defensive era of Jets football.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Only problem is he was an offensive coach and at least fielded an offense that was producing. Untimely turnovers and shitty run defense killed those teams.

It's not like Bowles defense is producing and they're a product of being on the field too long or they're playing really well and getting no help from the offense.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. boozer32

Hear, hear.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Assuming you're talking about the tackle made by Skrine, it was pure unadulterated bullshit.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets played pretty well for a half. The first TD pass to Crabtree was the only major defensive failure that I could remember. It was a poor pass (too much air) and yet Burris seemed like he had season's tickets to watch. Yet, they should have gone into half time down only 14-10 with momentum on their side. The fumbled punt was a killer and a constant failure of the Jets. They never learn from the likes of Jalen Saunders or Devin Smith that you don't put rookies in critical punt return situations, especially when you have Kerley on the squad.

20. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I was going to start a shitpost thread, but I'll leave this here instead.

Topic: The Kyle Wilson Finger Wag

For the love of all things holy and good, can we stop wagging our finger at the offense when we are losing? Can we please stop wagging our finger when the receiver drops the ball after getting beat by two steps? While we're at it, can we please stop doing the Santonio Holmes first down celebration?

I don't mind a little gamesmanship, taunting, and celebrating when the time is right, but it's never right when you suck and are losing.

NY Jets68 likes this.