Jets: please draft Brian Leonard!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gmay8, Dec 1, 2006.

1. gmay8

gmay8 New Member

I am a huge Jets fan, and a Huge rutgers fan. I would love to see the Jets draft brian leonard in the 3rd round, and keep him in jersey. I also think he'd be a great fit for the jets, as a 3rd down back/short yardage type back. He can block very well, has great hands, and runs the ball hard. I'd much rather have him in the backfield then BJ Askew or someone like that. He reminds me of like richie anderson in a way, i'd love to see him in the Green and White.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

My god, if we draft him in the 6th round it would be a reach in my opinion. I don't care what the draft experts say... I don't think he's worthy of anything but a 7th round selection. That's my opinion, flame me if you wish. Just because a draft expert thinks he's worth it doesn't mean he is for OUR team.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's no way to be talking to Leonard's mom!

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Well, at least it's not a draft Brady Quinn topic.

5. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

The JETS do need a true fullback and that is exactly what Brian Leonard is. We should draft him if he is there in the third round when our pick comes up.

6. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I wouldnt pick him untill atleast the 5th round. A FB in this offense isnt worthy of a pick in the 3rd round. Lets not let our emotions get the better of us.

7. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

Kiper said that he is a 2nd round pick because of his H- back ability. he said that he could line up a FB RB TE and can be used in the slot in a 4 wide spread. He compared him to Frank whycheck. I would love to se him on this team but I dont know if he is worth a second round pick. If he has a great combine I think that is what would be needed to get him.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

We need a Lorenzo Neal type, someone who's going to run through the line and absolutely dominate a linebacker or safety.

9. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

From what I have seen from him he has that ability as well. He has opened up huge holes for Rice. He looks like a great blocker to me.

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

This team desperately needs a blocking FB, but maybe that is why they drafed Posciak (sp?). But that is one of the positions that is hurting the run game, Askew can't block worth a crap. I wouldn't mind using a 4th rounder on a FB, but a 2nd or 3rd might be too much.

11. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Brian Leonard can do just about anything you ask of him whether it's H-back or fullback. Hell, he would be a better RB than anyone we currently have.

I'd rather use a 3rd rounder on him than a slow ass LB. He'll be gone by mid 2nd round though.

12. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i think something that could really help our running game is drafting....a running back
    i think this guy has alot going for him in that he can contribute at RB/FB/TE/ST and that is why i wouldnt complete dismiss it, but i think we have bigger needs
    this is all speculation b/c we have to wait for free agency...and then the draft

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

In the Whispers section of this weeks Jets Confidential they state how the Jets brass is very high on Leonard and have been scouting him closely. After extolling his virtues they finish by saying "Don't be surprised if the Jets use one of their 2nd round picks on this guy"....

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Leonard is perfect for the Jets. He's a very versitile type player, that could play fullback, H-back, tight end, even running back a little on offense. He also would be a great special teams player, plus he's a playmaker. I'm hopin we grab him up in April!

15. All Star

All Star Active Member

I would love to see him on the Jets

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Brian Leonard here is a possibility, certainly. His versatility is amazing. He's a Mangini/New England kind of player, but the question is: is his value as a jack-of-all-trades as high as it would be for one of our main needs.

17. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I think the key is that he is the exact type of player Mangini wants. He was the main rusher a year ago at Rutgers but this season took a back seat to Rice without a peep and did whatever was needed of him. His a team first guy who is a great blocker, had great hands and can also get tough yards. He could easily be our #1 FB and replace the need for a "big back" like Barlow.

Granted I'm a little biases as I'm a Rutgers grad but he'd be a very good pick up and could also be a compliment to Baker as a situation TE.

18. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

How on Earth is Brian Leonard a true fullback?

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If we drafted him...he'd be used at tight end alot.

20. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

under your name it says Most Knowledgeable Poster, so i assume your worth your opinion.

but i dont know how 2 people could think so differently. talent wise, character wise, and hard working wise brian leonard is one of the top talents in this draft. but thats only my opinion.