Jets on Sirius

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crazylion26, Feb 28, 2006.

1. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Listening to the Afternoon Blitz, they got into a discussion of the Jets. They were talking about us and Cuttler. Apparently, they feel that beyond the hype and all the media, Cutler is more ready for the NFL then Vince Young. They said that , and I don't remember exactlly, they think that Cutler will adjust better to the NFL and quicker. I'm not going to state my opinion, because honestly, I don't have one. All I know is I listen to the Afternoon Blitz religiously and I think a lot of what they say is good stuff. I trust them. Again, I'm NOT saying theyre right, I'm just saying what I heard. The rest is for everyone else to discuss. What do you guys think about that?

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Well, considering Cutler has a normal throwing motion and took snaps from under center, that's understood. If the prospects are close, as these two seem to be, you have to give the edge to the guy who is a more fundamentally sound quarterback.

-X-

3. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

I can understand that. I didn't see or listen to the combine, unfortunatelly. But I know the whole deal with Young's throwing motion. And for them to say they feel that Cutler is going to make the transition easier... I guess so, I'm not sure yet.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If Jay Cutler is available at the #4 pick...Jay Cutler will be wearing Green and White. Even if Pennington stays.

5. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

There's lots of rumor that he wont even be available then. I really have this feeling, along with a lot of analysts, that Tenn will take him. And that rumor is out there, and they have yet to prove it wrong...

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It is certainly possible no doubt. That's why I said IF he is available.

I still don't see how the Titans could pass on Vince Young especially because he is such a good fit for them.

There is always the possibility that they go defense as well.

Here is how I see the top 10 unfolding...

1- Texans- Reggie Bush
    2- Saints- Matt Leinart
    3- Titans- D' Brickashaw Ferguson
    4- Jets- Jay Cutler
    5- Green Bay- Mario Williams
    6- 49ers- Vernon Davis
    7- Raiders- AJ Hawk
    8- Bills- Haloti Ngata
    9- Lions- Winston Justice
    10- Cardinals- Vince Young

The hardest draft spot to predict right now is Tennessee...do they go with Vince Young the guy that wants to play for them, Cutler the more polished QB, D'Brickashaw to take over at the LT spot for the guy they are cutting, or will they go Mario Williams?

It is up in the air right now. I would be suprised if they toook Cutler, but ya never know.

7. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Hmmm. Top4 picks and three of them need QB's and vince young is getting picked 10th?

I dont know about that.