Jets off season rebuilding plan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 6, 2017.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The whole Idzik Rex Ryan situation was doomed from the beginning. Besides the fact it was a forced marriage the other problem with it was that Idzik didn't know how to evaluate talent. His biggest indictment is the Idzik 12 and the rest of his drafting. I don't think anyone of them are in the league anymore.

I blame Mac for going for it two years ago. With the rebuild now he should've done it two years ago. He smoked and mirorred us and now we are back to square one. Besides Hackenberg his draft picks are contributing and seem like they will this year as well. That's a step in the right direction. I'm willing to see what he does with the rest of free agency and the draft before a decision should be made if his seat is hot or not. Bowles seat is hot and I feel bad for him. In 2015 he was a genius. Last year was awful. I think he is somewhere in between but with us rebuilding we won't really know if he is good or not. I guess the only way to see is the growth of the players and team.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Boomer don't know crap.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I disagree Bowles was never a genius and the first year if he had any clue about coaching the Jets would have made the playoffs. But they figured the Jets out next year and Bowles made zero adjustment the whole freaking year (That's gotta be a world record). So yes his seat is on fire but Macc has a different plan in place and it doesn't support anything Bowles wants to do. Macc is better at his job than Bowles and should be able to pick his own coach.

TonyFtLaud and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Look, I have my problems with Bowles, and it wouldn't have broken my heart if they had moved on this off season, but the quoted post is BS.

Guy took a 5-5 team, coming off a 1-4 stretch, and won six in a row, including two OT wins. If Bowles was as bad as you say, the Jets would never have been in contention for a playoff spot, no matter how weak the schedule.

5. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

So...what happened in 2016?

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

As much as the Jags have sucked the last few years. Look at there draft picks lately, and then going after specific targets in free agency. That's what we should have been doing all along. As a fan base it just doesn't make much sense unless we are just going to tank this year...

boozer32 likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

I didn't say he didn't suck. I said that the idea of him missing the playoffs in 2015 was not a sound argument for him sucking.

There are plenty of good arguments for it around, there's no reason to use bad ones.

8. Ahh yes...but it becomes a legit argument when people wanna bring up 10-6 during the first year. What good is 10-6 w. no playoffs? It's certainly not an accomplishment..the whole organization coach & owner included acted like it was. There is absolutely NO standard of winning w. this regime. No fire..no humility...no standard of winning... Simply Kotite-esque.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

Well that's a little silly, isn't it? 10-6 is almost always good enough to get a team into the playoffs. You do recognize that in order to make the playoffs, a team has to win regular season games, right? It's one of the steps.

10. I don't think it's silly at all. It's not like they played their part won the games they needed to win & just came up short. They were 10-5 headed to face a division rival that was dead in the water w. everything on the line & laid an egg.

You wanna call it a stepping stone...so be it...but on a veteran laiden team that was facing a weak schedule to begin w.? Sorry..I'm not buying it...the comments made by ownership & the coach after the fact told us all we needed to know.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Not sure who I cant stomach more Dan Fouts or Boomer Esiason

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep

There was a 4 or 5 game losing streak before that pussy put his foot down

Tom C Gruden Parcells ......and of course BB would never allowed that

boozer32 likes this.
  13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Only thing I give a crap about this offseason are if they are going to actually get somebody to work with Hackenberg on his mechanics.? That's all they said last year, "OH WAIT TELL WE GET TO THE OFF SEASON!" Well, you fired the ________ quarterback coach now for some former USC guy. Or is this the way we will know for sure that we are going to tank for Darnold next season? I honestly have no problem with rebuilding the secondary and letting the team twist in the wind till next year's draft.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

Whatever makes you happy. Do you think the team just lucked into their 6 game winning streak leading up to that? Including two OT wins?

Someday the Jets will hire the coach the fans really want-- the guy who will go 15-1, then 1-15, then 15-1, then 1-15. It's the only way to make anybody happy here.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

Other than the fact that there was a two game losing streak, you're right.

I understand, there are 32 teams, and a lot of history. It's a nice standard. Good luck meeting it with any given team in any given half century.

There are only so many BBs, BPs, Lombardis, and Landrys to go around. Why do you put Gruden in that group?

16. The 6 game winning streak was great..but in the grand scheme of things...what did it accomplish? Judging by how the season ended & how last season went...not much. Judging by most other performances we saw from the team during that 2 year stretch...maybe it WAS luck.

The coach Jets fans really want is the one who actually delivers.

17. TwoHeadedMonster

Oh yeah, like that other season that really changed everything for the Jets?

There's a very good chance it was luck. I don't think Bowles is all that, either, I just think it's ridiculous to deride him for winning. It's not like he's made a habit of it. I understand you think that if you're not going to make the playoffs you should just lose every game, but not everyone is clairvoyant. When exactly during that season was he supposed to start tanking? 5-5? You recognize that there was never a point in that season where the Jets had a losing record, so 5-5 was as bad as it got. Would it have been so very much better if he had won that Buffalo game and got crushed in the playoffs?

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I could actually see Cleveland trading the pick for a boatload of picks in this draft and next year's. They can then trade for Garappalo, still have a first round pick add a second and add another 1st and second to their bounty of early pics. They can effectively rebuild their entire roster with young, premium players in no time. He'll. They are in position to do just that already.

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Patience is a hard thing to ask of people who have been waiting almost 50 years for even a shot at a SB win. How's this for perspective:

There are people in their forties who are life long Jets fans who weren't even born when they last won.

boozer32 and TonyFtLaud like this.