Jets off season rebuilding plan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 6, 2017.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm honestly excited by the idea that the Jets will let the first wave of free agency pass without an expensive signing. The Jets are not one or even three players away, and everyone who gets signed in the beginning will be overpriced for what they offer.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Pags2112, egelband and LAJet like this.
  2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I hope Mccc is thinking this way

Only thing I would add would be a total tank on this season.. fans should have no expectations...embrace 2-14
    Hopefully that gets us the #1 pick overall...that, plus your thoughts on draft, plus what I think could be about $100m in cap space should make us a very atractice landing spot for a big time coach (Sean Payton?)

boozer32 and Br4d like this.
  3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

considering the Jets hasd a totally worthless QB last year, and a rotten OL, I thought the running game was okay. With a team that will suck for the next two years, why draft a guy with limited amount of tread on his tires? RBS are good for a short while.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Before we talk about any move MM needs to realize he cant take shortcuts and woody needs to buy into a real rebuild and not bail on it 2 years in like he did with idzik.

this team needs everything including talent at the top 4 spots: QB, edge rusher, LT, CB.

no more aquiring 30+ year olds for some idiotic 2 year run of being pretenders and fringe playoff teams. commit to the 3-5 year rebuild. start building something SUSTAINABLE.

everyone wanted to crown MM a king because he improved a terrrible 4 win team with nowhere to go but up with 50 million and a top 6 pick to use. now eveyone wants to burn him. he will live and die on how he drafts and how he controls woody

joe, Jedi mind tricks and Br4d like this.
  5. jerseyjay14

never draft a RB before round 5. short shelf life and least valuable position in the game. dime a dozen.

jdon likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The team needs a culture change alongside the rebuild. Part of that change would be a willingness to accept the fact that sometimes you take a step back to take two steps forward.

The Idzik regime would have failed anyway because as much as we all project it on Idzik it was not the Idzik regime. He made so few changes to the overall structure of the team, becoming just a figurehead for failure in the process.

egelband likes this.
  7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

9. jerseyjay14

i dont believe in idzik as a talent evaluator, so i agree he would have failed.

but he got a raw deal. you cant tell a guy you are signing off on a 3 year rebuild then fire him 1.5 years in after he clears cap and aquires high draft picks. he had the right idea. we need to get back to that. dump older guys, aquire picks, build through the draft, roll the money over for a few years

MoWilkBeast and Br4d like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No immediate action by MM is often the best medicine. Some teams out there are flashing deep pockets, a technique that did not work worth a shit for us.
    Lets protect our core and try to beef up the OL in free agency. One little step at the time

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he did have the right idea and was a good cap/contract guy. and we benefited from it eventually, but he was terrible at drafting. and if you can't draft then forget it. I think he is in a good spot in Jax as the contracts only guy

12. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

Someone help me understand why the Jets just can't go into next year with Petty/Hack?

I thought we were rebuilding. I was O.K. with that. No more band-aids. I'm tired of it. The losing sucks. Enough already. I'm sure you guys must be so annoyed. Every few years, more like 10 we seem to win 11 games. We made the playoffs a bit. Even won some playoff games. But in my lifetime of Jets fan, 1979-present NJY never had a run like most teams have.
    I want that franchise QB. Maybe if we go Petty/Hack we get it. Who knows....Maybe Petty is Great. I would welcome 1-15. Clean house and upper management.

13. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

We can't draft for Shit! and we wanna trade down to get more picks.

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Right now this is how I feel....
    [​IMG]

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Really brilliant I must say!

I like the insurance moves to garnish another #1 pick for 2018 as wells thinking meat and potatoes hitting many needs and focus on speed...late QB too

I am very much on Board with this Plan...hope other think so too Br4d ...Good Job!

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't see anybody who is going to right the franchise on the #6 pick this year. All the value is on the other side of the ball and most of it in the front 7. In that situation it makes sense to hedge heavily and lean towards depth and the 2018 draft.

If the Jets had some offense at this point and needed a big defensive lineman, well then that's when you use that 6 pick.

None of the QB's are worth the 6 pick this year. They're all questionable - somewhere between the barren wilderness in 2013 and the overhyped QB pool in 2014.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mike Glennon will NOT be a Jet.

[​IMG]

TonyFtLaud and boozer32 like this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Scared because hack is that bad. With the season we had last year and him not even seeing the fields tells me all I need to know. 3 QB were injured last year and he never sniffed the field.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

We have the perfect coach for a tank season. He's clueless and coaches scared a perfect combination. I just hope we retain some of the new assistants like Kevin Greene

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I'm starting to hear people like Boomer Esiason this morning vehemently deny the possibility of the Jets tanking .
    Hopefully, this makes it more likely that its going to happen.

boozer32 likes this.