Jets not an attractive location for vet QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by greenlantern, Mar 4, 2006.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Member

Jets | Team not attractive location for veteran quarterbacks
    Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:24:07 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are not an attractive location for veteran free agent quarterbacks such as San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees, Arizona Cardinals QB Josh McCown, and Cincinnati Bengals QB Jon Kitna. One agent said, "The Jets are not attractive. They're cutting one offensive lineman after another." Another agent said, "I've talked to 20 different GMs and assistant GMs. Not one said, 'Hey, the Jets will do OK this year.' Privately they said, 'There's no way.'"

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I agree and disagree on this one. On one hand Lange is completely correct here. Among the teams that are looking for a veteran QB (NYJ, Dolphins, Ravens, Raiders, etc.) the Jets are the worst. However with their being only 32 starting QB jobs, the Jets still offer something that a lot of teams can't offer to a Jon Kitna or Josh McCown.

3. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

With this same logic a free agent RB would avoid signing with the Jets. Is the draft the only way we are going to acquire an RB. Its a deep class this year...

4. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Well from way the line played last year it is not as if it will be a big dropoff and who knows maybe they could be better, not hard to beat, I do not think we will have a line like the Texans had

5. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member