Jets' Morality Clause...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Feb 12, 2019.

1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

BJJ

2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Lol...i was thinking the same thing...but i always come up with a. "what if" scenario that would not allow me to do such a thing. The thought of everything in that potty spilling on her clothes is hilarious.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was in a situation like that once. I wasn’t hit but forcefully pushed out of the way. I literally picked the girl up by the sides of her arms, did a 180, put her down, and walked into the PJ. I was cheered and received high fives after leaving the PJ which is kinda gross when you think about it but it was social justice. She was gone when I came out.

Fuck all that noise though. I don’t care what sex you are. You hit me and you’ll end up face down in the dirt with my knee on the back of your neck unless you can kick my ass, which has certainly happened before.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did you go the extra mile and piss on the toilet seat.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Probably but not on purpose.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

btw one thing that isn't being considered in not signing hunt.

if we were to sign hunt with him looming and heading into free agency, it would deter potential signings such as perhaps lev bell. Who would make a point to sign here knowing Kareem may take their job or keep them off the field as often as they want, halfway through the season? Meanwhile the Jets are holding Hunt to suspension for an unknown period of time.

we PRESUME the reason we didn't sign him was all morality. but that's likely not the case. was it a factor? I'm sure it was, but how heavy a factor is another story.

The Browns make perfect sense. They have a stud RB. Hunt coming back only makes their situation better, it doesn't hinder them at all.

BrowningNagle and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good point Turk

8. TurkJetFan

it's easy to get caught up in the madden mode when it comes to building rosters and attracting players. but there are human elements that need be considered that often aren't by fanbases IMO.

Since1969 likes this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I presume we didn't even talk to Hunt.

Let's assume we signed Hunt to a cheap cuttable deal like Cleveland did. Why would Bell or any other potential FA turn away more guaranteed money to sign with the Jets than they can get elsewhere.

Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh to get a huge guaranteed contract through an up front bonus that has its cap hit spread over the contract years. The Jets are one of a few teams with the cap space to give him that kind of deal. If Hunt took his job half way through the season the Jets still paid him his guaranteed money. He could potential get another pay day elsewhere if we actually were willing to cut him early and take the dead cap hit. Which we wouldn't do.

Bell's job is guaranteed by the upfront money and dead cap issue it creates to cut him. Performance of another back is zero threat to him once he gets his deal.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yea Biggs but your have to think like the NY Jets do. This organization is not savvy, shrewd or forward thinking. Smart teams might think "why not Bell AND Hunt?" But not this team. I could definitely see them gearing up to make an offer on Bell and worrying about petty things like how Hunt might hurt their chances of Bell doing them a favor by signing a $100 mil contract.

Biggs likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

She would definitely have deserved that. The only fun thing I took away in the moment when it was my turn was that someone wrote 'LT IS A CRACKHEAD' with a Sharpie in huge letters on the wall. Hahaha. Anyway, good luck, Maria, even trying to hold your nose in those things in The Old Dump. You needed a gas mask to make it out alive.

I also used to hate when this happened back in the day. ===> The porta-john would say 'Vacant'. Vacant? OK. Well, I knew better. I ALWAYS KNOCKED. No answer. OK. Well, 9 times out of 10 I'd open the door and some idiot would be standing there pissing. I kicked a porta-john door closed more times than I care to remember and yelled, "LOCK THE DOOR! WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THIS? WHO WANTS TO SEE THAT?" Good times. Oh, and one time this guy when he walked out said yeah, I forgot to lock it, what's your problem. What's my problem. Hmmm. What's MY problem? The Jets I suppose.

12. TurkJetFan

Hunts contract is irrelevant. If hes here and playing hes taking snaps. A guy like lev can get guaranteed money and workhorse status to also hit incentives.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bell is signing with the team that gives him the most guaranteed money. None guaranteed money is toilet paper.

14. TurkJetFan

He is. And there are teams that can offer as much money as the jets without kareem hunt on the roster.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'll play. Bell gets offered a huge guaranteed contract by the Jets and X team. X team has Hunt. Bell gets 100 less touches a game. Bell plays another 2 to 3 years and takes home another 10 to 20 million over his career.

16. TurkJetFan

I'll play too.

Bell gets the same money from the Colts or Texans as he does the Jets. Gets full work, reg season incentives, and higher chance for playoff incentives. Walks away with his knees in tact.

Nobody is paying him 10 - 20 mil when his next contract is up.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize the Colts have Mack and the Texans have Miller.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

With this I will agree with you.

He will go where he gets the most guaranteed money regardless of team or winning or touches. Maybe state taxes will play into it.

19. TurkJetFan

Mack is really not that good. he had 3 good games last year and maybe in his career.

Miller is halfway out the door in Houston.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You heard me.

Take a look at Madden's Raiders.

He was more of a zoo keeper than a coach.