Jets Hire OL coach Pollack

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think Long would make a serviceable LG or RG but no way to center, he was atrocious last year.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its nice to see this management is taking the OL seriously and not as an afterthought

Years overdue imo

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think that we need 3 upgrades--LT, C and RT.

I think Long and Winters are perfectly acceptable guards but we need a Center, not sure Shell will be ready/healthy to start the year and LT needs to be figured out. Can't wait tilll next year.

Can't replace/upgrade 5 OLineman in one offseason.

Let's not fix what's only marginally broken.

Jeti likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Long was acceptable as a RG. Winters, if he is truly healthy in 2019, is fine at LG.

5. NOVAJET

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

See I think we've been blessed with good centers over the years that we are overrating the position. Most teams hide their weakness at the center position. For that reason I wouldn't waste any money or draft picks on that spot. Especially since as Adamsthebeast says about Harrison: "He wasnt great but not a liability out there either." That's good enough for me for a cheap center. Congratulations, Harrison, you are the new center.

I would spend to get better guards and for heavens sake, a better Right Tackle. Right tackle is almost more important these days as defenses are putting their best pass rushers on the right side now because they are finding out that rushing the QB in his face, instead of his blindside, can cause more turnovers. Plus it would be nice to be able to run the football sometimes.

I would sign the Giant Sequoia Tree from New England. Put him at RT
    Draft the Alabama offensive tackle with the first pick - your new left tackle for 10 years
    Use the money and resources you were going to use on a center and put it towards a guard. Somewhere, anywhere there has to be a decent guard. F.A., trade, draft..etc grab a couple of them if possible

It will take a little bit to get all the new parts to assemble but damn would the line look a lot better

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He struggled snapping no doubt, but also had that busted digit which should be fine heading into next year.

I'd like him as LG and backup to C position (unless we draft a C).

Cidusii likes this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What difficult decisions are you referencing? The jets OL stinks, thanks to MacCagnan. Everyone of them is marginal at best. I hope the new OL coach has some clout on draft day. The Patriots have drafted 8 offensive lineman the last two years. MacCagnan has drafted two and both in round 5-- I am still wondering why Maccagnan was not shown the door with Todd Toilet.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Our OL sucks. Therefore O-lineman aren't the best players available, so we shouldn't invest in them. #MacLogic

tomdeb likes this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Winters suck and I still can't believe Maccagnan signed him for 30 million

PJ4Ever, TwoHeadedMonster and tomdeb like this.
  11. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

If Long's finger heals up fine, then our hole is at LG. If it's going to be manky permanently, then our hole is at C. I get the feeling his rehabilitation over the next two months will in part inform the FO's decisions going into FA. Even if he's healthy, as you mentioned, they could draft a C or get a top tier one in FA and have a solid backup at C for the year.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I felt relatively cynical about this hire because everyone here is raving and meanwhile the dude was fired by Dallas just two years ago....but...

I just read a reddit thread from the time in which most Dallas fans seemed surprised and disappointed by the move. The consensus seemed to be that he and other fired position coaches that offseason were unfairly scapegoated.

I’d link it but meh. pretty dull.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks Zach. Must admit I like the choices Gase has made so far. Not clear about his methodology though. Wouldn't you fire the incumbent LC before you hire the new guy? , particularly when the OC has not really been identified. Oh well. In my view Gase will be the both HC and overarching OC, while using the OC to implement all the day to day details with the staff and the players based on his scheme and master plan. He will be a lot less involved with the D except for the specific game planning aspect of it.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Someone's trash is a gem for someone else, obviously.

And Kirk Cousins will suffer. A lot. Thanks to this moron. [HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA]

https://thevikingage.com/2019/01/15/report-dennison-expected-minnesota-vikings-offensive-line/

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I meant can’t

17. Unless Rick Dennison is getting promoted to OC or Running game coor./Assistant HC?

He was running game coordinator along w OL last season.Not very endearing but has a great rep league wide FWIW

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It is still a speculation, but he might be leaving for Minnesota.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. NOVAJET

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Wtf are you talking about?We are going D Linemen round 1 Linebacker round 2 CB Round 3 D Linemen Round 4 Saftey round 5 Linebacker Round 6 Round 7 FB

Thats what our draft will most likely look like our only offensive player will be a scrub camp body full back in round 7.

NYJetsO12 and Jeti like this.