Jets have the worst CENTER play in the NFL today and it's trickling down to the guards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 101GangGreen101, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

You don't draft a center just because you need one. You draft a center when the right center is available. You demonstrated that you know so little about football if you feel that drafting a safety tandem isn't part of a building a winning franchise.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is a pretty ridiculous thing to say. There is a lot of talent at wide receiver, good players at running back and a very promising tight. We suck on the o-line and our QB needs a major upgrade, but it is far from stinking from top to bottom.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Would love for you to show us all an example of any other teams drafting a safety tandem in the first two rounds that have turned them into a winning franchise....

4. ChrebetCrunch

I'll get right on that after you show me all of the Jets super bowl rings after we drafted Jim Sweeney and Nick Mangold.

5. 94Abraham

if you’re going call someone out for lacking football knowledge, you best back up your own claims or else you’re just blowing hot air

6. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

I wish this were true but doubt many teams - if any, would snap up our skill players - maybe Powell, I dont see you can build through cast offs and free agents, I hope i'm wrong but its a band aid way of going about it and its no supprise when they play like last week.

7. ChrebetCrunch

Could not have said it better. You really should have those stats ready when you ask a dumb question. Do you have those stats for me?

Could you also give me a list of every team who drafted a SS and FS at 1 and 2.

#47 ChrebetCrunch, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    K'OB likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

RBs can be found at any round. Elijah McGuire looks to be a good back that can catch out of the backfield. Jets need a QB and to fix up the line. There are receivers, there are TEs.

9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Offensive Line play is extremely critical to the QB's play, and I think that part of Jared Goff's success this year is due to the going out Rams went out and signing Whitworth.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. ChrebetCrunch

I like McGuire, but it would be great to have an Elliot, Fournette, or Hunt. Can McGuire develop into a game breaker? I sure hope so.

11. 94Abraham

You’re nothing but a clown. You call Don out for saying he lacks knowledge because he doesn’t feel the same as you that drafting the safety tandem is part of building a “winning franchise” but you can’t provide a single example of other winning franchises doing the same. Anything you say has 0 credibility bud.

12. ChrebetCrunch

Dude. You are an ignorant jackass. You have less than zero credibility.

When you provide me with the stats of the Jets drafting a center and winning the Super Bowl, I'll provide you with the stats of teams drafting safeties and 1 and 2 and becoming a winning franchise. You suck at this, and should stop trying. You are only making yourself look bad.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Lol what? Shell has been good.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd round or so. Jordan Howard from the Bears around the same time. It would be nice to get someone to pair up with McGuire. I like McGuire to catch the football out of the back-field, spell some carries but I don't know if he's a 3 down back that can take on 20 carries.

15. 94Abraham

YOU'RE the one that started by calling someone out for lack of knowledge when you’re about as clueless as they come when it comes to football. If you can’t provide Don any proof and just question his intelligence with nothing to back it up, then just keep your opinion to yourself.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Shell was thrown around like a rag doll on Sunday in Tampa. He was horrible. The OL was better when Shell was out and they were playing Qvale more

#56 BrowningNagle, Nov 15, 2017
  17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He didn’t allow a single pressure vs Tampa what are you talking about?

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I’m pretty certain someone blew right by him and they hit/sacked McCown. Maybe that was against Bills. But Shell was beat bad on the play.

19. ChrebetCrunch

Are you a little girl? You are acting like one.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's funny earlier in the year people were talking about how solid he's been at center. So much for that. I didn't realize he was the worst. I knew the o-line was under performing and played absolutely terrible last week, but didn't think it was that bad. I have to agree, we need to draft a center in the first 3 rounds next year. And am I the only one that thinks the line plays significantly better when Winters is out?

#60 Sam Hammer, Nov 15, 2017