Jets/Giants scouting Darnold/Rosen

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 17, 2017.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Sign Shitz, bring back McClown and then get Brunell as the #3 QB to mentor them...

dmw and JethroTull like this.
  2. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

And when all three get hurt call Vinny T

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Make sure you have a MASH unit on standby too..

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

God
    This thread is getting more depressing with each new line item

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jets were the jets and screwed themselves out of a shot at the top QB's in the draft.

6. 1968jetsfan

Debated starting a new thread for this but since this thread is about drafting a top QB I'll put it here since it fits.

Jets currently at #12 in the draft.
    http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

7. 1968jetsfan

What's really depressing is that as things stand right now Cleveland has two picks before the Jets get their first pick.

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

You may be right about Allen, but when I spoke of inexperience I should have clarified that in Sanchez's case, it was based on a lack of games played, whereas, with Allen, it's more a lack of experience against top-flight competition. My biggest concern is Allen's inaccuracy. Someone did a study on college QBs who completed less than 60 percent of their passes in college, and then tracked how they performed in the NFL, and the numbers were scary. Most never improved their completion percentages in the NFL above where they were in their college careers.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Cleveland management is worse than Jets mngt. Knowing them, they'll draft a tight end and a safety.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets always manage to see greatness in players where nobody else does. e.g. - Hackenberg. So if the Jets have their eye on a QB, such as Allen, he's probably not very good.

pib01 and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If Cleveland is true to form it will not help them much.

FJF likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Only because they're trying to steal the Jets picks.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

101 talks outa both sides of his mouth( check his Content) : do you know how many posts to not trade up, or not draft a QB but to sign Kurt Cousins and some defense back I ve seen from him??? Its bizarre:

I think Morton and Bowles can coach this kid up just fine. I like the receivers, the TEs, gotta fix up the line, get some more RBs.

You guys saying oh McCown will start no matter what, Bowles will always start the vet,etc, if Rosen is ready to play and he's anywhere near a McCown, Rosen will start. Only reason McCown is still playing is because Hack and Petty straight up suck. McCown already starting to lose games for the Jets. I don't need to see Petty or Hack play this year to make this assessment.

#143101GangGreen101, Monday at 12:11 PM

Here he is all for Rosens development with the Coach he homers for Bowles...strange

Plus he really wants to get a pot luck QB named Stidham and go all Def in Round 1 (go see Hastys November mock draft post}

pathetic

And he thinks he the greatest poster on here lmao

#193 NYJetsO12, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I really struck a nerve with you today, and I love it ... you can't stop talking about me today. I guess it is the juice after all ...

To think there must be more than 1 good QB prospect in this draft! Small brain fans only target 1 or 2 players in a draft that features 100s of prospects, and plenty of diamonds in the rough. Small brain fans, only think about 1 possibility or 1 plan. Wow, what is that? I praised Bowles for doing a good job this year? Shit, that opinion must really suck given the fact that we were predicted to win 0 games this year.

Stick to non-football related posts, I found you to be far more "entertaining (well not really, but throwing you a bone here)" ... when it comes to football dude, you make 0 sense.

FJF likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

Here is your answer for our QB needs and let go a fantastic opportunity to get Darnold and Rosen...sorry but Stidham not in the same league:

1. Dangerous and hasty thread hasty...glad you are not our GM

"It's not the year for the QB we want" LMAO ...what year are ya lookin for for pal????

Do you watch TV??????? UCLA Played USC ...were you not impressed ???

We don't need another paid for hire QB like Cousins ....look u can have your opinion but it will be a waste of money

Tell me Wentz and Goff were not very smart decisions

BTW did you ever work for Bowles ??sounds like the sh*t he would go for ahahahahah

I disagree on taking a CB with the 1st pick, but your logic is well thought out. If they don't take the best QB available with their 1st pick, I may well be done with them, but if they don't, I would hope it's an elite edge rusher or RB. No matter how good a CB (or Safety) is they aren't in the same class as difference-makers for this team as QB, Edge, RB in that order (I'd include WR in that list, but I think the Jets are actually in pretty good shape there).

But I could see Macc going in the direction you've listed.
      You both should've noticed, @James Hasty took a QB in the 3rd round right? Do you know anything about Stidham? I still do not understand why you two are both enamored with taking a QB with the first available pick. Do you believe the best QB is always the first one drafted at the top? Hasty not only wants the Jets to take Cousins which I find to be a great idea, but he's also picking up a young stud QB in Stidham who has a lot of potential.

NYJetsO12, and his rambling I don't even know what the hell he's talking about.

Great Mock!

#14101GangGreen101, Monday at 8:59 AM
      Like Reply
      FJF likes this.
    2. [​IMG]
      BrowningNagleWell-Known Member
      Stidham is exactly like Bryce Petty. Why draft a project like that when you already have one on your roster? I would even argue that Petty was a better prospect coming out anyway

#15BrowningNagle, Monday at 9:18 AM
      Unlike Reply
      [​IMG]Last Saturday night should have put all doubters to rest who THE BEST QBs are!!!!Your analysis is completely off...As Nagle points out .....Plus Bowles really sucks this year

16. 101GangGreen101

That's why Hasty put him in the 3rd round and not in the first round like a Rosen or Darnold, you dumb-ass ... I agreed to sign Cousins and draft Stidham, who is FAR better then Bryce Petty. Stidham is excellent value in the 3rd round and QBs like Wilson, like Cousins were drafted in that very round. If Stidham does not come out this year, he has a great shot to be a first round pick next year. Again, that is why you evaluate not just 1 scenario, but MANY. This argument alone is why you lack the common knowledge to talk draft.

Maybe you should actually watch Stidham before you start typing? What is Stidham's greatest skill set on the field? Answer that.

FJF likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

"dumb ass"? Sorry to turn you into an angry Gobbler today because I point out glaring inconsistencies:

You guys saying oh McCown will start no matter what, Bowles will always start the vet,etc, if Rosen is ready to play and he's anywhere near a McCown, Rosen will start. Only reason McCown is still playing is because Hack and Petty straight up suck. McCown already starting to lose games for the Jets. I don't need to see Petty or Hack play this year to make this assessment.

#143101GangGreen101, Monday at 12:11 PM

So you are really OK with getting Rosen ????? It must mean we DRAFTED him........ Oh wait its Cousins and Stidham I really want...but that was what thread i said that uh uh uh

Statistically over several draft the cream rises to the top...For 2018 we have rosen darnold l jackson b mayfield luke falk mason rudolf There are like 10 quality QBS that are better and we will miss out if we ever listen to you...BTW Stidham not on anyones list so why bother

#197 NYJetsO12, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  18. 101GangGreen101

Better ways of calling someone out. And you called me a freaking Pats fan.

Here is a mathematical equation about my "inconsistencies"

In terms of playing the QB position:
    Rosen > McCown >>>>>>>>>>>>> Petty > Hack

My point is you gotta evaluate more than one scenario. Of course I want Rosen on the Jets, if your username isn't @joe , you want Rosen on the Jets. Falk, Rudolph and Mayfield, I don't think of them that highly like you guys do. I would easily rather take Cousins and Stidham. Cousins would make this team a contender and the Jets can focus on getting the line fixed and make this roster complete. Did you not see him ball on the Seahawks the other week? The guy plays with a bunch of unknowns and puts up points. This guy could be our version of Drew Brees. I think he fits the Morton offense too.

Then in the 3rd you re-assure the QB position with the selection of a QB like Stidham. Just because no one is talking about Stidham doesn't mean he's no good. The smart scouts already have an eye on the kid as he goes into Alabama this weekend. A big game from him and you will hear his name. You talkin up Carson Wentz, but you didn't know jack shit about him until his name blew up. That's my point the entire time about the draft. I don't care whose list he's on. This is how the draft is done, I would easily take this scenario over trading up and taking Rosen. Again, I like Rosen / Darnold.

Cream don't always rise to the top in the NFL draft, check your history books.

19. NYJetsO12

Oh so now you like Rosen and Darnold ? (the cream of this QB class in half the worlds opinion)

I suggest you stick to your conviction then..we all could support 8 possibilities

there is hope for you yet sonny

20. 101GangGreen101

I'm pretty sure that first sentence actually correlates to your line of thinking. I guess you started hearing about them when Mehta opened his diarrhea mouth earlier in the year. Good for you buddy. Rosen and Darnold are household names. I've seen Rosen play for about 3 years now.

So you need Mehta to solidify your opinion.

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.