JETS Free Agency --- Activity & Predictions in here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Mar 8, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets are sitting out of the first wave of overpriced free agents. Maccagnan is in "thrift" shopping mode.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Now that we aren't getting Glennon, Riley Reiff is all I want

3. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Looks like either the Jets arent chasing anyone, or noone wants to come here.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Considering the state of the roster then and now, not even Tom Landry can make this team a playoff team. This statement makes 0 sense considering we weren't in the basement his first year in.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

hahaha im laughing because this is such a possibility for the Jets organization....and if i DON'T laugh, I'm gonna cry

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I've often wondered why people forget that Bowles actually did a good job in his first year...... we overachieved that year, and fell down to earth this year..... if that 10 win season never happened, would people not be as anti Bowles?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. Sorry...they played a weak schedule & fell flat on their face against a bad team w. all the chips on the table. Worse, directly after the game both the owner & coach saw very little issue in the utter choke job & it was just "Onto next year". That game was GOTTA HAVE against Buffalo...and the team came out flat..lifeless..like they didn't even wanna be there. That has to fall on Bowles..10-6 w. no playoffs is only slightly better than 6-10 w. no playoffs. One could argue the locker room never recovered..and one day soon we may look back & see that as the beginning of the end of the Todd Bowles ERROR

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

Yeah I think a lot of Jet fans saw something positive in Bowles his first year. Things didn't go well last year cause they tried to win with the roster they had. It didn't work out, now fans want him fired. It's all instant gratification. Purely stupid logic to fire Bowles right now or even this coming season when the team is being stripped down.

Dom and Jets_Grinch like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

So what the coach can't do wrong? Can't have failures? All of this happened in 1 year, shit when down-hill. Right now, it's best to see how Bowles responds to the adversity instead of fan instant gratification of firing Bowles. See how he bounces back. Jets came out flat against Buffalo that game, but at the end of the day you simply point the finger at Fitzpatrick cause he played like a complete asshole that entire game.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Yes, they had a weak schedule---they also had a terrible roster. I don't see any issue with their terrible choke job either, I see a roster that had no business being 10-6, even against a weak schedule, that did it anyway. You're right that one could argue that the locker room never recovered from that Buffalo loss. One could also argue that the team could have been lost and never recovered after falling from 4-1 to 5-5 mid season, but that team came back and won six straight.

Bowles has a lot of work to do, but he's only been a HC for two years, and he's shown some potential, even if most TGG posters don't see it or don't want to see it. I readily admit that he has a long, long, long way to go, but I think he will get there. With the luck of the Jets, he'll get there with another team.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think the most glaring mistake for both Mac and Todd occurred 2 years ago. We invested way too heavily on players at the end of their useful life and we got royally burned. We got enamored with the 10-6 win but lost track of the fact that it masked a soft schedule and some luck. In fact we really were far an away from a 10-6 team. The record was highly inflated and we crashed back to earth in 2016, and caused us to delay the inevitable at least two more wasted years.
    IN SHORT MAC AND TODD BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS NOT TO DO TWO YEARS AGO WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO NOW. That is suck it up, BUILD THRU THE TRENCHES WITH YOUTH AND DEPTH, AND SEARCH FOR A LONG TERM SOLUTION AT QB.
    We could be so much further along now it's not even funny.

#51 LAJet, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  12. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

After this past season's performance, everyone should have the right to question whether Bowles should have been retained. Several games where the team flat out was not prepared to play. That falls on the HC.
    Go back and watch the MNF debacle against the Colts and Cards. That was enough evidence for Bowles being canned.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

looks like we are out of the running for tony jefferson.

Here are a few guys we can look at
    John Cyprien (S jax) - the 2nd best safety out there behind jefferson (according to PFF 2016 grades) haven't heard his name thrown around at all

Kyle Juszczyk (FB Bal) - rumor is we want a fullback and to pound it more, he is the best out there

14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

i agree, the browns game (even though we won) and the 2nd Miami game were ATROCIOUS showings. No pride on those days

15. 101GangGreen101

Several games where players weren't prepared to play. I think there were players that came out to play and put forth effort. For 10 games in his first year, they were ready to play. This isn't strong enough evidence and I still want to see if Bowles bounces back before a knee jerk fire reaction. A lot of these coaches have been through the same scenarios such as Ron Rivera, Jack Del Rio. To think Bowles will be a complete HC w/out flaws in 2 seasons is absolute non-sense / unrealistic.

FJF likes this.
  16. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

Juszczyk's came off the market yesterday, SF blew an insane amount of money on him

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Wesley Johnson and Marcus Williams received 2nd round tenders from jets. I guess they will be staying.

#57 Red Menace, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I like it. Young cheap talent. They can grow and contribute.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, if he does a 180, definitely agree he should get an extension. I liked him when he was hired. I've just soured on him since. Sadly, I just don't think he's capable of doing a 180.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

AJ Bouye going to the Jags it looks like. Gillmore to the Pats. We really need a DB and the market is dwindling.