JETS Free Agency --- Activity & Predictions in here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

then you probably dont wanna participate in free agency ever. players dont become free agents until they turn 27

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets have to make themselves an attractive organization and with the idea that Bowles and the GM are dead men walking, why would anyone want to come here?

It might be good to have all of that cap space in the near future. Jets need to build a core of young players and that needs to be done via the draft. The Owner must also give Bowles and Mac true job security. After this season, I think they both should get a 2 year extension so they can continue to rebuild the roster. The fans wanted Fitz back and it ultimately delayed the rebuild of the roster.

Sign no expensive FAs, get some depth on the line and in the secondary.

FJF likes this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

This.....and its been like this since the 70's. Players and their posse aren't dumb. they eventually have somebody chirping in their ears about the advantages and disadvantages about playing in NY/NJ. the jets more than the giants have to have a lot of things going right with them for established players too want to come here. Currently, we have nothing attractive to anyone - unless the paycheck is a rich premium. yes the marketing and all but in this day and age - u can live in the boonies and still be marketable.

And even the premium sometimes isn't enough - the high cost of living, taxes, etc etc eat into the paychecks. players now more than ever have the mentality "get all that u can get". Giving these high tax states a greater portion of your salary isn't appealing.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

5. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I'm going to predict...... Beachum for LT....... Cutler to be the QB....... and Logan Ryan to help the secondary....... that enough to make anybody hurl lol

6. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I predict no household names, just second grade fa's on cheap 2 and 3 year deals to fill in some holes. Hopefully this will include resigning Enunwa on a team friendly deal

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. General Eclectic

General Eclectic New Member

Curious to see what this means for Hightower and Butler... I know they tendered the latter, but does this now open the door for some team picking in the 20's (the Dolphins maybe?) to make a run at him?

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I guess the pull of Wold Johnson isn't that strong...

9. Just when you think it can't get any fucking worse..it does...

Come on...where are the supposed "friendly" Patriot posters who want to fucking shove it in our faces in a slightly nicer pleasant way

5 more rings for the classiest organization & fan base in sports. I LOVE fucking pro football!

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Beachum and Ryan would be good signings, although I prefer not signing a FA CB. Cutler would be the end of the line for the Jets and me. I'd actually start rooting against them until Woody, Mac, and Bowles were all gone.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

gotta agree--would anyone really want to play for Todd Bowles--the guy looks like he is asleep on the sidelines, the inmates run the asylum, he plays the old vets all the time no matter how bad, he failed clock management 101, he punts when any high school coach would have the sense to go for it, and his team overall just stinks--the only free agents the jets will sign in 2017 will be winters, geno, and purdem, in all likelihood. Might as well tank in 2017, fire bowles and then draft a good QB in 2018 and then we will be competitive, Hey, new coach Rex and rookie QB Sanchez pulled it off in 2009, and that is saying something with those two.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The only way Bowles should even keep his job for 2018 is if he does a complete 180 degree turn this season and proves himself to be a good coach by having the team prepared to play each and every week, the team plays tough and smart football and doesn't beat itself, he does a great job of developing the young talent on the team, he shows that he can make in-game adjustments and has learned how to manage the game and the clock. Anything short of that and off with his head. No way he should be given a 2-year extension at this point.

So you're blaming the fans for Fitz coming back? SMH Get real. Bowles demanded it, and probably Woody too.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

just got a notification: Pats may Trade Butler for Cooks.

another kick in the Balls

Cooks will be Brady's Wes Welker all over again, but younger.....great

14. Keep it coming!

Why not?

Embrace the fucking suffering Jet fans....we aren't in enough pain already!

Still waiting for the supposed nicer gentler Patriot parasites to get their digs in. Same bullshit as the last fucking 15 years.

15. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

I'm guessing we sign Amukamara, Reiff, Minter, and Kaepernick. Then go 3-13 next season and get the number 1 overall pick in 2018 and have Darnold decide to stay in school so he doesnt end up with the Jets, ala Peyton Manning all over again

STARoSCREAM likes this.
  16. General Eclectic

General Eclectic New Member

I'd like to see Mac & Co. try for Hightower. Good all around LB who can rush the quarterback and drop back into coverage when asked. Would likely mean the end of the Harris era. but it would also mean $6.5M off the books and allow for a potential switch to 4-3 with Lee moving outside where he is more comfortable.

Problem is Hightower has zero reason to come here and play.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If he does a 180, I would like for him to get an extension. Him and Mac. I won't use wins or loses as an indicator however. The fans maybe that was the wrong term, but Bowles, Mac and the entire Jets organization wanted him back. Bowles and Mac folded in the last mins.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I'd sign up for that.

19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Rosen should be available.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

sorry...can't agree...we cannot get rid of bowles soon enough...unless you like being in the
    basement of the AFC East.