Jets fire o-line coach Marshall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Jan 24, 2018.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Just as the title states, jets have fired Steve Marshall.

No shock given how piss poor the o-line was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Again..supposed to be an offense heavy offseason..week of senior Bowl when evaluation is critical the jets fire their OL coach.

Oh & they also want to interview the Bills former OC to be “running game coordinator”.We’re moving backwards w this head coach.We finally have a chance at building a roster w a respectable passing game but our idiot of a head coach would rather get even more conservative than he was already.

Don’t count on a QB,OL or anything w the offense being addressed.We’ll hide behind a new coaching staff/system & go Defense yet again.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Every virus runs its course, including the TB virus jets have coaching the team. He will eventually be fired just have to endure another year.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12, CBG and 3 others like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jokes on you guys. Todd Bowles doesn't even want to win. He just likes hanging out and coaching. And meeting new people. So he has to fire other coaches so he can meet new ones. Just a fun, cool, happy (5-11) locker room. Now with a new OC and OL Coach! Yay!

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good move. Line sucked and the new oc may have a different philosophy. Other than wr coach they all can go and let the new oc being in his boys

TonyFtLaud and grkmanga31 like this.
  6. Red Menace

Eventually there will be only 2 original coaches left that will need to be replaced.

NYJetsO12 and playtowinthegame like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Out of curiosity, how many "running game coordinators" are there in the league? Are we breaking new ground here??

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Cman68

True. This move was long overdue but the even bigger move has yet to happen. That is, when does Kacy Rodgers walk the plank?

TonyFtLaud, NYJetsO12, CBG and 4 others like this.
  9. Cman68

Hmmmm... now who on earth could they be??

playtowinthegame and Red Menace like this.
  10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Didn't we have one at one point under Rex? I think the Steelers may have had one once too. Still a dumb idea.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If that's the case...well thanks for the memories from 1969...I am really gone from this stupidity...tired of the insults to Fans

Rooting for these losers is worse than chasing your tail

13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles is going to elevate Kacy Rodgers with the added job title of Assistant Head Coach. A big middle finger to the fans, then instruct Mac to draft Da'Ron Payne.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I more year of Bowles, then a fresh start.

NYJetsO12 and CBG like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

16. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Honestly, I find it hard to say Steve Marshall is the reason why the OL sucked, it's his fault. If we just fire Marshall and hire another guy everything will work out fine.

The problem is Mac completely NEGLECTED the OL. If you want to blame someone.... blame Mac. Mac is the scumbag that let this problem go on and on and on until now it's really an issue.

I keep telling you and it bears mentioning yet again, 2016 derailed Mac's plan. His plan was to take an OL. he had a trade ready to consummate to trade up and select Laremy Tunsil at 10. Instead, he was too much of a pussy for whatever reason and we ended up with SHIT in it's place.

Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, and Justin Burris will forever go down in Jets history 3 of the worst draft choices the organization ever made. Every single one of them SUCK. It's nice to see that we're actually getting something out of Lee, but it still isn't good enough. Mac called this guy versatile?! Darron Lee is a decent (not great) run defender and that is it. He cannot defend the pass to save his life. If you want versatile look at a guy like Miles Jack. That guy is versatile.

It just needs to be recognized by Jets fans that Mac fucked that draft up. They should realize that NOW. Do not wait until he fucks something else up and THEN turn on him for the 2016 draft............

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and Vida like this.
  17. grkmanga31

Don’t think you need o line coach to scout good o linemen. To me at least, the move signifies that the jets recognize the o line was not good and will be a big focus this offseason

TonyFtLaud and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. grkmanga31

Running game coordinators wreaks of Bowles making sure our offense doesn’t get too pass happy like it was under Morton. Bowles was and will always be the constant in all of these things and until he’s gone

19. Red Menace

Somebody told Mac that Winters was worth an extension. I bet it was not the oline coach.

The left side of the line was not terrible, I take back my compliments of Wesley Johnson, he regressed as the season went on, Winters, Johnson, and Shell need to be upgraded.

Shell was ok but is missing games due to injuries so it might become a trend.

Granted we had below average QBs behind center so it just compounds how bad things look at times.

This guys is the one who is assessing the players and determining if they need to be replaced or not. I hope he's changing his tune and jets fix the offense either through FA or the draft.

#19 Red Menace, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. grkmanga31

Winters was good last season and it seems like his career as a whole has been up and down. I’ll give him a pass this season for being injured. But yes in general the o-line has to be upgraded. I’m going to haphazardly place confidence in macc being able to scout o linemen in both pro free agency and the draft. Otherwise, we’re screwed

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.