Jets draft position

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Beki, Dec 12, 2016.

1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Agreed...if Bryce shows he's the real deal through winning a couple tough games that's as meaningful as a high draft pick.

hornblower and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

They also have franchise qb's. Even if no one believes one is at the top of this draft you never know whose going to surprise and be the next aaron rodgers. I rather have the best chance to grab the bpa instead of winning a few meaningless games at the end of the year and being in the middle of the pack with less choices.

dogg likes this.
  3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Panthers have 5 wins. He is wrong.

4. nicg4360

I may be off base but I don't really feel they are meaningless as the next 2 games are very important to these teams and they will be throwing everything they got at petty. If he can pull these games out we could have our qb already on our roster for next year. That's a big deal. These defenses are stout. If we lose then everyone gets their wish with a better draft pick.

tiger8mush likes this.
  5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

The good news is if the Jets win one game, they probably don't drop at all. If they win two games, they'll move back a few spots, but not 14 as you have listed.

Many of the teams on that list play each other in the next three weeks. Its impossible for them to all go 0-3. For example, Cardinals plays Saints, Rams and 49ers, Bills play Miami and Browns, Colts play Jaguars, Chargers play Cleveland, etc...

Bottom line is if they win two of their games, they'll still have a top 10 pick.

ColoradoContrails and nicg4360 like this.
  6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I just cannot root for the Jets to lose....

Freddy Mondo and westiedog1 like this.
  7. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

we drafted our best player at #6 overall. people need to stop complaining

our two highest picks I can remember are dewayne robertson and vernon gholston. how did those work out

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have listed below the top 16 Quarterbacks by passer rating, representing the top half of the league. Only QBs with over 200 completions so far this season were considered. The number after the name is their draft position.

1. Matt Ryan 3
    2. Tom Brady 199
    3. Dak Prescott 135
    4. Aaron Rodgers 24
    5. Drew Brees 32
    6. Kirk Cousins 102
    7. Marcus Mariota 2
    8. Sam Bradford 1
    9. Matt Stafford 1
    10. Derek Carr 36
    11. Andrew Luck 1
    12. Ben Roethelisberger 11
    13. Andy Dalton 35
    14. Ryan Tannehill 8
    15. Alex Smith 1
    16. Philip Rivers 4

Please note that less than half of those are top-5 picks. It is very possible to get a franchise QB without tanking.

For the posters who will inevitably point out how almost half of those guys are top-5 picks! Please note that 1) Sam Bradford and Alex Smith are part of that equation--and they are doing okay, but certainly not living up to their draft position---oh yeah, and they are doing okay for a different team than the one that drafted them, and 2) I think most would agree that the BEST Quarterbacks on this list were drafted at 199, 24, 11, and 32.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

A couple years back Bal beat us and still drafted before us. H2H doesn't affect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Theres no guarantee that the Jets would even pick correctly 4 or 6 or 10.

I'd rather begin a winning culture with a young team and now start to build via the draft. Like a few guys said, having Bryce win is more important than a few draft slots.

11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, their records against common opponents in their division or conference are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

The above is straight off the nfl website. But the further tiebreakers are not pertinent either. the Rams have the 3rd hardest strength of schedule according to the following:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201479/2016-nfl-strength-of-schedule

The Jets have the 7th hardest strength of schedule according to the same article.

Everyone claiming the Jets have slipped to 6th or 7th are wrong. There's only two teams in the nfl currently that have a 4-9 record, that's the Rams and the Jets and we win the tiebreaker against the Rams. As of right this moment the Jets are picking 5th and that hasn't changed since before yesterday's game

nicg4360 likes this.
  12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

CORRECTION - because we have the easier schedule than the Rams, we did slip to 6th. Although we will go back to 5th after Thursday if the beat the Seahawks, which they already did once this season.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Everyone is so quick to dismiss Matt Moore. He's got a lot of experience and while not the best QB, doesn't make a crap ton of errors resulting in picks. It's not even close to being a gimme.

IDFjet and Jets69 like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First priority to me is get a winning attitude, starting with Petty belieivng in himself and the team believing in him. Yesterday's game showed that's a real possibility. That trumps any draft position or pick.

Second, unless Fournette or Garrett somehow were available to the Jets, I'd think about trading down for more picks.

nicg4360 likes this.
  15. nicg4360

Playing sports there is one thing that can help young guys and players trying to learn a game is positivity. This can only breed confidence. You got it right on so many levels.

Let's say the jets tank we don't see what petty has and everyone goes into next season with nothing positive to speak of. We get an opportunity to draft a qb and do so..he could turn out to flourish or turn into the situation LA has with their can't miss over all pick.

Or we win a couple games petty proves to do well against quality teams. He can be the starter. Things look up for the jets. We still have a good pick. This year the jets could trade down get picks to make an impact right away in the secondary and on the offensive line. We go into the season with a much better outlook.

I personally prefer option 2.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We don't have to win those games to know that we still have our QB. Petty can play very well and lead the team to scores, but the D and STs can continue their sorry play and cost us the victory.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If Petty can actually look legit over the last three games, then it's not an issue if they win. Better to see Petty look like he has potential to be a real NFL QB with a 2017 #10 pick than for us to be in a position where we have no potential QBs and are drafting #5. No way the Jets beat the Pats, so I'll say anywhere between 4-12 and 6-10.

#37 LeonNYJ, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    nicg4360 likes this.
  18. nicg4360

And if petty beats the pats .....likely not but really are people going to complain about the draft order.... probably. That I don't get.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Would suck to miss out on Fournette by a pick. Rams wouldn't pick him tho

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A couple of spots here or there isn't going to matter. I'd rather see them get some of their shit together before the year ends. HOW you draft matters. WHERE you draft doesn't. And most importantly, coaching is far more important than the draft. As proof, look at the Browns - great draft picks for a decade, fun for their fans two spring days per year. Sexy picks galore. Despite this crap season I don't want to think about the damn draft until March.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.