Jets Defensive Backs Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm not too knowledgable about DBs this year so I'd be interested in what you guys thought.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

There's going to be a lot of good cornerbacks in this class if the Jets wanted to look into one early on. Marcus McCauley is the best of the senior class, Aaron Ross, Daymeion Hughes and Leon Hall are all right there though, with Jr Antoine Cason being the best of them all in my opinion.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Where are those guys from?

4. Green Hurricane

McCauley is Fresno St., Ross- Texas, Hughes- Cal, Hall- Michigan, and Cason is being taught by Mark Stoops (former Miami DB coach) down at Arizona.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I only want to see us use a top pick on a db only if Brandon Meriweather falls out of the first and is available to pick in the 2nd round.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Yeah I don't think this is a high priority for us but I figured I'd throw it out there for people to discuss.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Name: Aaron Ross
    School: Texas
    Position: CB
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 192 lbs
    Projected Round: 2nd/3rd
    Scouting Report:
    After backing up as a freshman, Ross joined the corner rotation as a sophomore, finishing with 36 tackles and an interception. As a junior, he became a dual threat standout. As a corner, Ross had a team high three interceptions, and added 62 tackles to go along with it. His biggest impact was as a punt returner, where he earned All Big 12 1st team honors after averaging 14.7 yards per return and taking two back for touchdowns.

Aaron Ross has a great blend of skills. His athleticism, quickness, and speed make him an impact performer as a cornerback and return man. He has the ability to stick with receivers in and out of cuts, and the speed to run with them down the field. Ross also shows the ball skills to locate the ball while it is in the air and make a play on it. His playmaking skills as a punt returner add to his value.

Ross is a work in progress as a corner. He relies on his athletic gifts too often to make plays. He is also going to have to bulk up and get stronger at the next level. He has a thin frame, and can have problems against more physical receivers.

Ross has a lot of upside as a corner, but may need time to develop his skills. His ability on special teams should allow him to get on the field early however, and that may entice a team to take him earlier than expected considering the work he needs to put in as a corner.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Weddle from utah, most likely going to play safety, would be a perfect compliment to kerry rhodes.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That Glenn Sharpe kid from Miami definately impressed me Saturday night at CB. Two unofficial interceptions. Can't believe he was the dude from the Miami - OSU game though, how old is he 35?

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Marcus McCauley can't be the number one senior corner in this year's draft ANYMORE. NFLdraftcountdown.com ranked him as the top corner at the beginning of this season, but he has done nothing this year to show his rank. I am a Fresno State fan, and McCauley gets beat short, deep, and he doesn't make the plays that he made last year. McCauley has ZERO interception. I think that Dameion Hughes out of Cal has to be the number 1 senior corner NOW. He has 8 interceptions and he's shut down everyone but Robert Meachem from Tennessee.

11. Green Hurricane

Funny thing is that he's still a junior. Don't ask me how.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Good attributes. I'm sick of having undersized DBs. Its rare to see a DB tower over a WR but not uncommon to see that the other way around.
    I did see a CB play the other day and was going to post about him , but have now forgotton which game/player/team....and its driving me nuts. It could have been Auburn or Oregon???
    I'll post when I find out

13. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Is it Irons from Auburn, he has looked pretty good, also pretty obnoxious, but still.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats done it now I'm really fired up. I think the guy I'm looking for wore 23/28 and there is a irons with that # but hes an rb , this is killing me!!!

15. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

He has impressed me too he always around the ball when its in the air, a forth or fifth rounder if he comes out this year i wouldnt mind picking him their.