Jets D-Line prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Post here with any prospects you think we should watch for that could play either 3-4 NT or 3-4 End.
    I think we can all agree this is a high priority position for us because even if Robertson pans out, Kimo needs to be replaced soon.

Alan Branch has been thrown out there a bunch as both a Nose Tackle and a Defensive End. I caught a little bit of him this saturday and he looked like he was disruptive. Any thoughts on where he might be drafted?
    Other prospects to look for over the weeks?

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its funny you should say Branch because thats who I was thinking of. Another DT that I like alot is Frank Okam.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

We need about 11 draft picks to use all on defense this year.

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Okam was the first thought I had this year on the best and most available NT prospect but I haven't seen him play since the Ohio State game and don't remember much of it.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

How about Amobi Okoye from Louisville for an NT prospect to watch. 6-1 317 is his listed size, he's always impressed me, plus he's still just 20 years old despite being a graduating senior this year. Seems like a real Mangini type guy, smart, athletic, versatile, and no doubt huge potential. Probably a hot commodity as the draft gets closer, because I think he'll start putting up some very nice workout numbers.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm definately intrigued by him if only because he is so young. It seems like a) he is very mature for his age and b) might have room to grow.

7. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I like Okoye a lot. He was playing for Louisville at 16! Thats just amazing.

How about Quinn Pitcock? He couldn't play nose in the 3-4 but might translate well to a 3-4 DE. Might be able to be groomed by Kimo there. He moves fairly well for his size. He rushes the passer well and definitely can play the run.

8. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

yeah, I was going to suggest Okoye (i did in another thread a while back)

He looks like he could be a stud in the league. He was playing in college as a 16 year old, most 16 year olds are sophomores/juniors in HIGH SCHOOL. I would LOVE to get him with our first second round pick

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Most definetely cornerback safety olb,de and dt.I wish we 4 1st rounders like we had in 2000.

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Pitcock reminds me of a pitbull. He is so disruptive, but I'm not sure if he would be as effective in the 3-4 holding blocks.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd like us to draft a NT that is atleast 330 pounds.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I've noticed that when rookies enter the NFL their weight seems to drop initially , you only have to look at Brick...

13. chef

chef Banned

What about Vince Wilfork?
    he is listed as 325 but could be the best NT in the league

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Name: Adam Carriker
    School: Nebraska
    Position: DE
    Height: 6'6"
    Weight: 295 lbs
    Projected Round: 2nd
    Scouting Report:
    Carriker starter to come into his own during his sophomore season with the Huskers, after posting 36 tackles, seven for loss, and three sacks despite battling an ankle injury. He blew up as a junior, becoming one of the most feared ends in the country, finishing with 43 tackles, 17 for loss, and 9.5 sacks.

Adam Carriker is an interesting blend of talent. He has excellent size and strength, but has the athleticism to go along with it. He is already bigger than a lot of NFL defensive ends, and has the strength to push tackles out of his way. He has the ability to bull rush lineman, and can also hold his ground at the point of attack. Carriker has been a productive pass rusher in college, and knows how to get to the quarterback. He also has good straightline speed for a player his size.

While he is a good athlete for a player his size, he is not the freak many people make him out to be. He probably lacks the explosive quality you look for in top tier defensive ends. He has bulked up to 295lbs this year, but he doesn?t look to have the same agility he had prior.

Adam Carriker is a player that shows nice all around skills, and should be a complete defensive end at the next level. He may be best suited as a 3-4 end because of his size and power, and lack of explosive pass rush ability off the edge. Carriker reportedly is a great workout player, and may be a player who impresses a lot of people in the post season. If he lands in the Top 50, he has probably gone too high, but he should be a Day One pick.

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

this would solve all of are Defense problems.

#1 Lamarr Woodley
    #2 Alan Branch
    #2 Adam Carriker

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I was actually thinking about posting about Carriker. He would be awesome as Kimo's replacement.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah because all three of those guys could be first rounders by the time the combine rolls around.

I like Carriker as a 3-4 end, but I also think Ray McDonald can be looked at as possible a 3-4 OLB project or a 3-4 end. He has the size of a 3-4 end, but has the speed off the edge to pass rush consistantly and blow up plays in the backfield. He might be there in the 3rd, if we decide to make a run at Branch, another nosetackle/end, and then an offensive player with our first three picks.

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Doesnt mean they will be first round picks. They were a whole bunch of players that were suppost to go in the first round and they didnt go tell the 3 round.

19. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

20. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think that once we draft a fat load to put in the middle, Robertson will be moved to the outside.

-X-