Jets @ Bucs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

See how the STEELERS do it? I hate that fkin team but they win when they need to cause they don't coach scared....

I'm tried of the CS that gameplan conservative against 2-6 teams ...this has bee our story for the past 10-11 years...

2. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Had one short at the Rocks.

Marked bait all day. Trolled Spoons, Mojos, Deep Divers, Hammered Jigs, Shads nothing came tight.

Home in time to watch Jets Offense do nothing.

That’s why it’s called Fishing not Catcing.

As for the Jets well think they started the “Bye” a week early.

JetBlue likes this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not one to blame officials, but that one looked clearly like he hit the shoulder not the helmet.
    Off course they never really showed the replay 20x like they usually do and just moved on.

4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Are you taking your meds?

Jets69 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They kept running it because every time they tried to throw it McClown got sacked. Negative plays hurt more than 1 yard runs. The offensive line was manhandled

Section 336 likes this.
  6. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm just an amateur.

Go to SNY's studios downtown, and tell those two guys they were wrong. Watch out for Westy, though. He can get crotchety, cancer couldn't kill him, and he might still have his cane close by to take a swing at you with.

I think they were of mind that the constant 1st & 2nd Down runs into 8 men in the box were making it tough for any pass attempt to succeed because of the constant 3rd & Long situations. I agree with them, but again, I'm just an "expert" from the Internet and that don't count for much.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i keep thinking that they need to replace the center, and right guard. a franchise left tackle would help a lot, then swing beachum over to right tackle and maybe shell can try guard. unless winters can play center, he is looking like toast.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll send them a strongly worded email!!

fggrimes likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have cooled down and am actually okay with this loss. It shows Bowles has to go and McCown is not the answer. That is good for the long term goals of the Jets. I don't want fans or media being misled into thinking they are good. They are terrible.

The Defense was fine, but McCown and the offense were embarrassing. The defense could have played better though. Kept giving Fitz more opportunities despite the fact that he is a pathetic loser, just like McCown.

Oh well. (4-6) into the BYE, definitely not making the playoffs. Maybe win a game or 2 down the stretch to finish around (6-10), just as I expected.

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Be sure to let them know you're really serious with lots of :mad::mad::mad::mad:'s

fggrimes likes this.
  11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. Bucs played a smart game defensively. Didn't allow the Jets running game to get going and were able to bring the pressure on McCown when he was forced to throw. Of course, it didn't help that the Jets put themselves in 3rd and long situations with penalties. Jet defense played well. Neither QB played well. Definitely was Career Backup Bowl. Too bad. It was a missed opportunity.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

A serious question:

I didn't see the game, but why would Bowles & Co, not adjust their game plan if it was so obvious that it wasn't working? I ask this because maybe I'm missing something, maybe it's damn near impossible to alter your game plan once you start the game. It sure seems like it. It's like once they print out the plays for the game, that't it, no more changes! Odd though how successful teams "somehow" find ways to adjust during the game. But again, is there some good reason why Bowles NEVER seems to make in-game adjustments?

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Incompetence.

14. westiedog1

I'm not sure what you mean by adjustments? Offense? Defense? The Defense played well, so I don't know what adjustments could have been made. If Winston was at QB, maybe it would have been a different story. As I said in my previous post, I thought the Bucs did a great job limiting the Jets running game. I think Powell had one good run early and that's it for the game. Jets hurt themselves with penalties early which put McCown in a lot of 3rd and longs. As Bucs continued to stymie the run, I think the Jets did adjust on offense by throwing more. In this game, McCown threw 39 times as compared to last week's win where he threw only 20 times. But the Bucs were able to get pressure on McCown when he threw as well. He was sacked about 6 times. As I said, you have to give credit where credit is due. There's always two ways to look at it, Bucs played well or Jets didn't execute.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

True enough, but still, it's not like the Bucs were the Steel Curtain or Purple People Eaters or Monsters of the Midway. Perhaps they DID make adjustments - and I was focusing on the perceived lack of offensive adjustments - but if they couldn't find any answers for a mediocre defense, that's a pretty strong indictment against this CS.

And why in the name of Joe Namath didn't Bowles at least TRY putting Petty in???? THERE;S an adjustment he could've made but didn't!

16. westiedog1

The Bucs defense may be mediocre, but what does that make the Jets offense? It isn't exactly The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Honestly, I don't think McCown played that badly as to require being replaced. As I said he was faced with a lot of third and longs and there were a few drops by receivers including Kearse of all people. Maybe if the score was more lopsided, you might bring in Petty, but in a close game, no.